Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Ok...no...no.

Stealing abilities in general, unless marred by extremely specific descriptions , mechanics and limitations should not be handicapped in a VS setting under equalization elsewise you could argue that Pandora would only work on NPs or on Saint Graph dependent shit.

You're just taking the juice out of the potency of the ability at that point.
Imma take xhom's side on this, the medallions are Quincy tech, however they work is unknown but as far as we know they were made to steal only Bankai, they didn't steal the entire zanpakuto or Shikai too, just Bankai.

Now if we're talking bout something like Yhwach's Sankt Altar assuming we're ignoring the who, what, when, where, why and how he could maybe steal an np or skill cause the basis of the ability is to be able to steal powers without being restricted to only quincies.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I said my piece on this , and i believe i've been clear enough.

What you're bringing up is arbitrary and self contradicting reasoning as to why that shit wouldn't be able to work in a VS setting . At the end of the day, we don't know the exact mechanics of how Pandora works either. So are we to assume that it will only work on NPs and SG shit only ? I would okay with that if that would be a standard and if it would be applied with consistency .

You can't say that you don't know how something works exactly and then say that it's designed to only work on only one thing. Which is it ?

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Ultimately, I do get Rey's point and I do understand it:

If we can include Reincarnation Pandora and it's bullshit despite it being unclear as fuck on what it's limits are, we should allow the same for the Medallions because despite seemingly working only one way, it's never stated it can only work one way.

Thus, we can only go by what is told to us how the Medallions work and the only real limit is how many powers it can take at once... which is just one. The real thing is though is if Cang Du knows which ability is the most valuable to steal because if he takes the wrong ability(Which Alcides has a grab bag full of), he's up shit creek without a paddle).

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

@Atem we've reached levels of downplay I have genuinely never seen before

row boat level eternal champions
And after all that bitching about people "downplaying Digimon Adventure/Digimon in general", here he is doing exactly what he accuses other people of doing with Digimon to an even more absurd degree with far less justification, especially given he hasn't even read this shit. :kobeha

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
yeah thats even more confusing because obviously if you're harping on "consistency" we all know the Adventure anime is not "consistently" multiversal lol. be fucking fr

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
yeah thats even more confusing because obviously if you're harping on "consistency" we all know the Adventure anime is not "consistently" multiversal lol. be fucking fr
Or what about the Savers shit where it was a whole lot of deliberately ignoring context/borderline outright lying:
  • Claiming Belphemon de-stablised the two realms as a multiversal feat, despite the fact that was a process that happened over time due to Kurata's portal bombs AND Belphemon's attacks AND it took years to get to that point. Even when it did, it was a chain reaction that doesn't scale to anyone but nah totally a multiversal feat am I right? :maybe
  • Masaru knocked out Yggdrasil. Yes AFTER he absorbed the digisoul of everyone else. It was NOT something he can do normally. Hell at his base level, he needed the Burst Modes to weaken Craniummon's shield and even crack it before he could even shatter it, much less fuck with Yggdrasil.
Honesty definitely isn't the guy's strong suit.

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
  • Masaru knocked out Yggdrasil. Yes AFTER he absorbed the digisoul of everyone else. It was NOT something he can do normally. Hell at his base level, he needed the Burst Modes to weaken Craniummon's shield and even crack it before he could even shatter it, much less fuck with Yggdrasil.
I forget about this detail while I posted all their feats in that thread you made days ago.

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
Yeah but at least you honestly forgot, he's just deliberately omitting it or more likely he just thinks it doesn't matter. I mean this is someone who honestly thinks the kids beating Apocalymon was anything but a fat sack of PIS. :kobeha
One can say the power of the Crests, but this is a theory, not Word of God.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Anyway in other news.
In terms of strength or whatd win in a fight?

Cuz thats a very different question

In terms of the latter itd probably be like Polar Bear > Tiger > Lion > Rhino > Hippo > Gorilla

Rhino and Hippo would top the chart in terms of what animal actually has the most raw strength tho. They are herbivores however and dont really have the tools or the instinct to fight and kill the way the predators do. While I could see a round or 2 going to the hippo or rhino if they fought a Polar Bear and got lucky and managed to like bite or stab the thing before it got on em, more often than not Id see the Bear taking them down in the other rounds out of 10. More or less the same for the Tiger and Lion.
Hippos and Rhinos are herbivores therefore they lose to Polar Bears, Tigers and Lions because "tools and killer instincts and shit". :heston

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Hippos can literally snap in half pretty much any animal that isn't a blue whale wtf is he on about :tupac

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Well...sometimes they do .

He has a point where a herbivore might turn around and run despite the fact that it has hundreds of pounds on their predator, thus opening up to being taken down.

Rare occurrences with rhinos and hippos who can effortlessly ragdoll any lion or croc that is unfortunate enough to react to slowly ...but it does happen.

That's RL tho, dunno what shit has to do with an OBD setting.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
OP Marines stomp every IRL army combined, with or without the Vice Admirals and above.
The average OP human makes us look like a joke, never mind their actual combatants. :heston

Randomdude

Preeminent
Well...sometimes they do .

He has a point where a herbivore might turn around and run despite the fact that it has hundreds of pounds on their predator, thus opening up to being taken down.

Rare occurrences with rhinos and hippos who can effortlessly ragdoll any lion or croc that is unfortunate enough to react to slowly ...but it does happen.

That's RL tho, dunno what shit has to do with an OBD setting.
Generally on vs forums there seems to be the assumption that the opponents won't run away/flee the fight which kinda does away with herbivores natural reluctance to fight/endanger themselves. Don't know why they assume natural order/instincts would matter.

Like If we didn't assume characters would fight to the death a lot of fights would wind up inconclusive/end in one guy running tf away. (looking at ainz if you read his fights 90% time he has a portal/tp spell ready and the thought in the back of his mind he should be ready to run)

Generally on vs forums there seems to be the assumption that the opponents won't run away/flee the fight which kinda does away with herbivores natural reluctance to fight/endanger themselves. Don't know why they assume natural order/instincts would matter.

Like If we didn't assume characters would fight to the death a lot of fights would wind up inconclusive/end in one guy running tf away. (looking at ainz if you read his fights 90% time he has a portal/tp spell ready and the thought in the back of his mind he should be ready to run)

I mean SB has it to where the opponent they don't want to win will just stand there like a lemming or straight up play into the character's moveset EXACTLY and PRECISELY just so that they can lose just that much faster.
It's like watching a JoJo episode on acid and none of the fun.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
OP Marines stomp every IRL army combined, with or without the Vice Admirals and above.
The average OP human makes us look like a joke, never mind their actual combatants. :heston
Why wouldn't an army from IRL just kill supersonic monsters, are they stupid?
:mjpls

King of time

Exceptional
SCP was a mistake. I miss when it was good.
The way scp's meta is now written with power level as the main item, the quality literally drops.

@Atem we've reached levels of downplay I have genuinely never seen before

row boat level eternal champions
he still download the verses for some digimon reason

Back