• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
. :tupacsubsonic jojo is back

its about sbr and jjl universes only, op specifically says 1-6 universe is ftl. I don’t disagree with this, the speed of light is never once mentioned in parts 7 or 8. It’s mentioned or shown constantly in parts 2-6.

There is a mach 90~ calc for SBR but I don’t really expect most people to be aware of that, as it was done over a decade ago

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Probably because bullets are genuine threats to Pt 7-8 stands whereas most close range stands from 3-6 were already dodging and blocking bullets without issue

Even the most hardcore JoJo fans concede that the speed of later part characters are slow

Probably because bullets are genuine threats to Pt 7-8 stands whereas most close range stands from 3-6 were already dodging and blocking bullets without issue

Even the most hardcore JoJo fans concede that the speed of later part characters are slow

But you can equally say that even in the earlier Parts, bullets was still a threat to the Stand Users even if they can deal with them trivially.

Not disagreeing that later Part JoJo characters are far slower, I just think that's a bad metric and something SB and other shit Reddit users would say.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
But you can equally say that even in the earlier Parts, bullets was still a threat to the Stand Users even if they can deal with them trivially.

Not disagreeing that later Part JoJo characters are far slower, I just think that's a bad metric and something SB and other shit Reddit users would say.
That’s something JoJo fans in the OBD have been saying for years

That's absolutely TheOneBellowAll to say those 100% SB tier arguments lol.
"Heracles died to Rin's Building Buster attacks" Yeah, that's how that works... it's kinda funny to me that they take the bare minimum of Rin's attack as it's maximum because it was stated as such by Shirou... who they then will ignore if it comes up as a feat too high for themselves but then use even when the game itself(The VN) disagrees with his takes(The infamous Belleophron speed).

The irony is that Rin's attacks alone would kill Ainz, guaranteed because that's actually the level of power that's packed into the most powerful of her gems:

Here, Ilya fires a cluster of magic energy at Gilgamesh, its apparently enough of a threat Gilgamesh saw fit to block it with a mirror-like shield from his Gate of Babylon. Here, Rin's able to save Ilya from the magic Gilgamesh reflected with her own, this action causes her some pain.

Here, Rin proposes to destroy the Big Bridge in Fuyuki, EMIYA dissuades her as, clearly believing she could. Here, Rin will be only fighting at half her full power.

Being able to counter shot an attack that Gilgamesh felt the need to use something to deal with it and being able to casually destroy the Fuyuki Bridge with no major preparations(The Angra Mainyu Shades was fast approaching for latter) kinda shits all over the "Building level Heracles and Rin" nonsense(Even more hilariously, the fact Rin has to fight at half power heavily implies going all out even with EMIYA helping her would have her inadvertently destroy the Bridge anyway) and thus, would also completely destroy the Building level Medea(which doesn't even begin to make sense considering Prillya has a weaker Medea do a bunch of bullshit that would make Ainz lose his shit) argument.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Yea I did, the tadpole makes a true soul. Yet we never know if our tadpole are the same though. I don't think we know if the tadpole from other people that we take can't be removed like ours.

The argument is that, the tadpole got stucked in our head. And there is no actual prove killing ourselves can remove it. Especially since multiple other ways that have more chance of removing it doesn't work.
......So your argument is we got special tadpoles that can't be removed... I think this conversation is over because you either don't understand the story of bg3 or are being intentionally obtuse.

The druids explicitly mention the only way to be free is death/that they were unable to remove any of the tadpoles from the other victims. Our protaganist didn't get super special tadpoles, they got the same thing every other true soul got, and the only reason we're not slaves to the absolute is due to the plot mcguffin shadow heart is carrying around.

Salfarc

Paramount
......So your argument is we got special tadpoles that can't be removed... I think this conversation is over because you either don't understand the story of bg3 or are being intentionally obtuse.

The druids explicitly mention the only way to be free is death/that they were unable to remove any of the tadpoles from the other victims. Our protaganist didn't get super special tadpoles, they got the same thing every other true soul got, and the only reason we're not slaves to the absolute is due to the plot mcguffin shadow heart is carrying around.
It's literally the plot of the main story....

What do you mean intentionally obtuse.

That mindflayer you meet at Act 2 literally spelled out how that thing is protected, unlike anything else he ever saw. Multiple sources such as the hag mention how that thing stuck in your head and can't be removed. And the party pretty much try multiple ways and can't remove it. They don't want to accept they can't and keep searching for a way. They don't have the guarantee that killing themselves will remove it. If anything it looks like you are quite literally ignoring what is happening in the game. Of course if you are dead, you are free, as in you can't become a mindflayer if you are dead. They want to kill you because they don't want you to turn to mindflayer.

Do you play the game? Because it looks like you are arguing for the sake of arguing now

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent
It's literally the plot of the main story....

What do you mean intentionally obtuse.

That mindflayer you meet at Act 2 literally spelled out how that thing is protected, multiple sources mention how that thing stuck in your head and can't be removed. And the party pretty much try multiple ways and can't remove it. They don't want to accept they can't and keep searching for a way. They don't have the guarantee that killing themselves will remove it. If anything it looks like you are quite literally ignoring what is happening in the game. Of course if you are dead, you are free, as in you can't become a mindflayer if you are dead. They want to kill you because they don't want you to turn to mindflayer.

Do you play the game? Because it looks like you are arguing for the sake of arguing now
Our tadpole is one of hundreds just like it, we yank out tadpoles just like it all the time. We are not special compared to every other tadpoled victim in the game.

The tadpoles have netherese magic because the nether brain has the crown of karsus. Like your idea here is that our tadpoles are different from every other true soul is complete nonsese that is never implied anywhere within the game.

Your the one insisting that our tadpoles are somehow different from other true souls when again that is never implied anywhere within the game I know of. We are searching for a cure, but so did others, thats how the fucking druid doctor knew about the weird tadpoles and the inability to remove them.

Salfarc

Paramount
Our tadpole is one of hundreds just like it, we yank out tadpoles just like it all the time. We are not special compared to every other tadpoled victim in the game.

The tadpoles have netherese magic because the nether brain has the crown of karsus. Like your idea here is that our tadpoles are different from every other true soul is complete nonsese that is never implied anywhere within the game.

Your the one insisting that our tadpoles are somehow different from other true souls when again that is never implied anywhere within the game I know of. We are searching for a cure, but so did others, thats how the fucking druid doctor knew about the weird tadpoles and the inability to remove them.
The Mindflayer at the underground, not act 2 literally spelled out our tadpole is protected by something he has never seen. Again multiple sources also confirmed it is protected.

Our tadpole is not normal, at least the condition is not normal.

Otherwise they would just remove it...With at least 3 different ways they coulda.

Randomdude

Preeminent
The Mindflayer at the underground, not act 2 literally spelled out our tadpole is protected by something he has never seen. Again multiple sources also confirmed it is protected.

Our tadpole is not normal.
That mindflayer isn't part of the absolutist plot and hasn't examined another true soul. Our tadpoles are unique, like every single other one in the entire fucking game because they're born from the elder brain wearing the netherese crown. AFAIK There are no normal tadpoles in the game in the first place. They're all connected to the nether brain and tainted with netherese magic.

Salfarc

Paramount
That mindflayer isn't part of the absolutist plot and hasn't examined another true soul. Our tadpoles are unique, like every single other one in the entire fucking game because they're born from the elder brain wearing the netherese crown
Yes he isn't. You have to give prove that this other true soul are the exact same that they are protected as well.

And our tadpole isn't stated to be unique when attempting to remove it.

The situation regarding it, is.

It is stated to be protected by unique magic, not stated to be unique itself.

Randomdude

Preeminent
The fact mintharas tadpole is treated the exact same? Normal tadpole infection doesn't give psionic abilities afaik, it turns "you" into a mindflayer within a few days (And technicallities here as unless your the bhall spawn/main character your soul is gone and just an imprint of you is left behind).

The power of the parasites and the fact people can run around with them for extended periods of time is something unique to them (Unique to every parasite infected person we run across in baldurs gate. A true soul has a parasite and sometimes don't even know/understand it) and its shared by minathara who gained her tadpole under different circumstances long before we meet her.

Notably when she joins the party your suddenly no longer allowed to rip it out of her head despite being able to do so in act one. Suddenly the ability to take it out vanishes the moment she's a companion...Strange that isn't it?

Like I seriously feel like you've fundamentally misunderstood some of the story of the game. We're one of several victims that were parasited in the exact same way. We just had the magic mcguffin so we weren't mind slaved like all the others.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yeah you try so much shit to remove the fucking parasite and it doesnt work

Aunty Ethel tries to remove it and mentions that your parasite has been tainted with Shadow Magic and as such she cant remove it

I would post the video showing the sheer amount of bullshit you go through, losing eyes, drinking weird potions, someone literally trying to physically remove it from your head, they tried to burn it out of their minds with magic, which would kill them in the process, and it instead broke the machine trying to do so,

Hell players even attempted to do what you asked, kill a party memeber, remove the parasite, revive them, shit didnt work.

Back