• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Clarification on Certain Terms

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I didnt really know how to make this thread or set it up in a way that makes sense. The things im going to write are just thoughts I've been having about certain terms and how we use them in regards to vs debates.

One of the main things I've been thinking about is what exactly we mean when we say a character is X-versal. Obviously in order to be Universal a character needs to have:
a. Destroyed a universe or
b. Put out enough energy equal to the energy created by the big bang (Approximate estimates of its capacity indicate that it could reach 10^54 megatons in TNT equivalent)

Multiversal is where we start running into problems. In my opinion i believe that in order for someone or something to be multiversal they need to destroy more than 1 universe at the same time. Not multiple universes multiple different times but all at once hence the Multi part. Thats how I feel about it and I wanted to open this thread to see how others felt about that sort of clarification for the term.

There was another thing I wanted to talk about but I feel that would be better suited in the misconceptions thread rather than here so I will post it there

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I think that’s how it’s always been

I can’t think of a character who destroyed multiple universes one at a time who got multiversal billing

unless you mean that proposed character affecting x amount of versions of a universe at once which we never really came to a consensus on

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I think that’s how it’s always been

I can’t think of a character who destroyed multiple universes one at a time who got multiversal billing

unless you mean that proposed character affecting x amount of versions of a universe at once which we never really came to a consensus on
i forget where it was from but they tried to claim that the character destroying a singular universe repeatedly made them multiversal because they "destroyed multiple universes"

it was the dumbest shit man

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
i forget where it was from but they tried to claim that the character destroying a singular universe repeatedly made them multiversal because they "destroyed multiple universes"

it was the dumbest shit man
My guy, it's the Othinus phase shit. Don't act like you don't remember. :mjpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Othinus phase shit was never about destroying a universe repeatedly, though?
It was about destroying a universe at the same time with multiple universe-sized alternate dimensions.
Not from how I recall it being initially described in this forum, even if that, apparently, is not what actually happened in-verse. I still remember @Xhominid the Fool and @Masterblack06 questioning how she was anything beyond uni for destroying a phase many times over.

That ain't the point, and you know it. :mjlol

If my ass wasn't so tired right now, I dig through the older threads to find the conversation, because I'm certain its the whole Othinus thing he's referring to, even if it was ultimately a misunderstanding.

You aren't wrong at all about that.
Me and Masterblack really did constantly talk about that because they wanted Multiversal+ from Othinus due to popping Whatever the number of Phases and each one is somehow a Universe = Multiversal.
Meanwhile, we had to state the issue with that is that even IF we go by that, they are still occupying the one same space meaning all she's doing is just destroying One Universe at the end of the day.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
You aren't wrong at all about that.
Me and Masterblack really did constantly talk about that because they wanted Multiversal+ from Othinus due to popping Whatever the number of Phases and each one is somehow a Universe = Multiversal.
Meanwhile, we had to state the issue with that is that even IF we go by that, they are still occupying the one same space meaning all she's doing is just destroying One Universe at the end of the day.
..multiple scans were posted describing Phases as the exact opposite though.

They explicitly do not occupy the same space, I thought this was already discussed?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Uh no? It was never discussed? I never seen it and neither did most others and even then, we still don't agree on how that even works either.
What is there to agree on?

The text is extremely explicit about Phases being described as separate spaces/dimensions, and this doesn't contradict the statements about parallel worlds not existing either.

It's not complicated.

And even despite all this, the cosmology goes far beyond just the physical universe/Pure World/Phases, so saying it's just universal is kind of dumb.

Last edited:
Back