Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Cyberpunk Edgerunners is an upcoming anime set in the world of Cyberpunk. It's a collaboration between Studio Trigger, CD Project Red and Netflix, being directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Promare), written by Bartosz Sztybor (The Witcher, Cyberpunk 2077), music by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill), Character designs by Yoh Yoshinari (Little Witch Academia, Brand New Animal) & Yuto Kaneko and more. It will have 10 episodes and be streamed exclusively on Netflix.

Set in Night City, it will follow the story of a boy who with nothing left to loose, becomes an Edgerunner.

Mh2Qw4f.jpg

Reactions: Ral

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The opening of Edgerunners by Franz Ferdinand.

Lucy & David Nenodroids have been confirmed.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Trailer is out!

We also have the second inside look at Edgerunners. David is a character who starts out pretty relatable at first, but as his life begins to revolve around violence his personality changes. Lucy is a character who's meant to be a badass femme fatale, but at the same time also cute. Trigger and CD Project Red have been working together on this for 3 or 4 years (which would mean they've been planning this not only prior to the release of 2077, but also while Promare was still in development).

As for my own personal predictions, I think this is going to be Triggers best work since Promare, and definately their darkest work. Brand New Animal started strong and with lots of promise, but sort of fell apart towards the end. Dynazenon was good, but I didn't feel it was on the level of Triggers other works.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The latest Cyberpunk 2077 patch will add content relating to Edgerunners, including outfits, weapons, missions and more!

The English dub cast has also been released. Though the cast includes many professional voice actors, it also has the legendary Giancarlo Esposito (known for his roles in Breaking Bad and The Boys).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I have just finished marathoning Edgerunners. So far it's my anime of the year (though I've only see a bit of the Bastard!! anime), and I would say it's the best Trigger anime since Promare. I'd put it in my top 7 Trigger animes.
MnYV9QC.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Miracle of Sound made a remaster of one of his songs (Neon Red) to collaborate with Edgerunners release! Hopefully he can write an original song to go with it too.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Edgerunners has been shortlisted for 'best video game adaption' in The Game Awards along with Arcane, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and The Cuphead Show!

Back