Dante VS Kratos. Both at their best.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Don't recall if this was done here already, but eh, here we go! Exactly as the title implies. Battle takes place in an open area, both ten meters apart. Standard Equipment only. Who wins this?

Rev97

Illustrious
Are we including some crazy lore feats in God of War 2018?

If not, I’m giving this to Dante most likely otherwise

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Are we including some crazy lore feats in God of War 2018?

If not, I’m giving this to Dante most likely otherwise
I mean, I did say both were at their best. So their best scaling/feats, which isn't pure wank, of course.

Rev97

Illustrious
I mean, I did say both were at their best. So their best scaling/feats, which isn't pure wank, of course.
Lore stuff in the new God of War puts it way above anything actually demonstrated in the rest of the series minus the Primordial fight in the beginning of Ascension

Surtr creating the Sun and providing heat to the cosmos.

^ Thor and Jormungandr destined to destroy the World Tree itself in their final battle. The Jormungandr that appears in the game is actually from the future as a result of a previous fight with Thor sending him back in time because of how much their battle was screwing up space and time.

Scale of the World Tree

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
have any thoughts on this battle as well?

dmc5 dante is sub-rel and at least continental+ and got his own good hax level techs

gow4 kratos is multi continental and relativistic, and got also his good hax techs, overall, kratos wins 6/10

Rev97

Illustrious
And the moment Kratos fights Fat Thor in Ragnarok, he scales to all the mentioned Lore Feats if he didn’t already from fighting Baldur who could beat the crap out of Jormungandr too

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
So, everyone so far is going for Kratos. Am I right to assume that includes you too, Rev97? Or is your vote still for Dante?

Rev97

Illustrious
I said in the first one, take Lore at face value, Kratos, if not I see Dante winning in a good fight

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It sounds likey are mostly even with Kratos being slightly faster but I want to know how their hax goes to see if it can decide the final outcome.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Well alright then. Six votes for Kratos. Guess that means Greek Boyo wins, unless someone comes to Dante's defense. :mjlolGuess we might even be able to add it on the OBD wiki as well.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, in defense of Dante, I do remember something in DMC5 stating that Artemis used legit light, so maybe relativistic DMC is a thing. Also because of the thread's subject in question, Dante should still have Quicksilver, which might even things out despite him being sub-rel. Moreso if we assume he also gets Yamato due to DMC4.

That being said Kratos still wins more often than not.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I mean, in defense of Dante, I do remember something in DMC5 stating that Artemis used legit light, so maybe relativistic DMC is a thing. Also because of the thread's subject in question, Dante should still have Quicksilver, which might even things out despite him being sub-rel. Moreso if we assume he also gets Yamato due to DMC4.

That being said Kratos still wins more often than not.
Well, that's 7 votes for Kratos then. Unless anyone has anything else to add, is it alright to add this to the OBD wiki, if it hasn't been already?

Rev97

Illustrious
Wondering where Relativistic Kratos comes from. Best speed feat I recall is that commercial of him avoiding a lightning strike from Zeus and someone actually reaching out to one of the developers to confirm he reacted to it

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Wondering where Relativistic Kratos comes from. Best speed feat I recall is that commercial of him avoiding a lightning strike from Zeus and someone actually reaching out to one of the developers to confirm he reacted to it
Pretty sure it comes from Helios, and him being able to somewhat react to Hermes' speed.

Back