Maddie

Acclaimed
Making a thread soley for DC Comics regarding vs debating and lore involving it

883.png

Impulse

Illustrious
This question can sound dumb since I never heard myself

Does Boomtube amp character

As someone on old OBD try to tell me that?

Maddie

Acclaimed
This question can sound dumb since I never heard myself

Does Boomtube amp character

As someone on old OBD try to tell me that?
I was the one who by mistake spread that piece of information because people on Seth's server told me that. It was a means of rationalizing why Superman seemed to be doing better feats in the Godsphere, when there were better explanations (Such as Starlin being a hack when it comes to DC and DotNG being gayass shit and Soulfire Darkseid being fodder)

In reality, the emanation of Fourth World is a universe spatio-temporally separated from realspace where everything is much bigger. What appears as planets in realspace are specks of dust to the New Gods' scale. What they deem an Earth sized planet like Apokolips and New Genesis would be larger than the largest stars to denizens of realspace. Whenever someone goes through a boomtube, they are upsized to adjust to the scope of Fourth World. So the planetary collision in Death of the New Gods, which would be like two massive stars slamming into eachother to our perspective, is just two earth-sized planets colliding to Superman when he is in there. There is no real amp, just a proportional equalization.

However, in stories such as Where is Thy Sting? and Man of Tomorrow #15, Superman is acting in Dream itself, a zone within the Godsphere. In those instances he is unbound from material restraints and is moving around and acting as an omniversal platonic idea. That can be seen similar to Boomtube Amps, but Boomtubes don't bring you to the Godsphere, just an emanation of Apokolips and New Genesis, shadows of the true platonic zone beyond all space, time, causality, and physics. Superman in any normal circumstance doesn't scale to this however, as it's basically the platonic godhead of Superman dealing with Neron or Death in those stories, not the Man of Steel from New Earth.

Back