• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
89j4wq5fnas91.png

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
oh wait I missed something lol

Golden Megatron vs Frieza is definitely a stomp now

Selects-104-VolcaF1.jpg

a weaker Megatron ( Megatron Omega) takes the big bang cannon and lives to keep fighting and become Golden Megatron

so his durability is also way higher than Frieza's is

still trying to figure out speed though, the Black Matrix controls time but I don't know if it can apply to him at all.

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
oh wait I missed something lol

Golden Megatron vs Frieza is definitely a stomp now

Selects-104-VolcaF1.jpg

a weaker Megatron (Ultra Megatron) takes the big bang cannon and lives to keep fighting and become Golden Megatron

so his durability is also way higher than Frieza's is

still trying to figure out speed though, the Black Matrix controls time but I don't know if it can apply to him at all.
Explain the big bang cannon
Also

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Explain the big bang cannon
Also

its the power of the silver matrix focused as an attack, also Primus claims Star Convoy couldn't use it as well as he can

The Silver Matrix is technically multiversal in power (has the 7 Star Powers which each are universe+ on their own), but most people in the story were using it to try and destroy and recreate the universe

so minimum universe+ durability possible low multiversal dura for anyone who survived it

and Primus had combined the Blue Matrix energy with the Silver right before he fired the shot, so it's actually stronger

I also misinterpreted how Golden Megatron lost
He is stopped at first by a future version of himself and then has his Golden Power cancelled by Star Convoy, so that's not all that easy to replicate because you need Golden Power from The One to do that in the first place

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
the japanese transformers stuff is nutty as hell I had to read this comic 3 or 4 times and cross reference tfwiki to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything :wow

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
They talk a lot over Mickey vs Bugs a lot in the current Champion Cast and they claim that "it would be one of the hardest matchups we ever do", and that "they're going to do it eventually" and that "if they're going to do it, they want to do it right"

Honestly this whole cast MIGHT have just deconfirmed it for next season.

They're talking about how it'd be a monumental task to cover their research due to all their appearances, that the episode itself would be very production intensive since they'd either have to go hand drawn, or a sprite blend.

It's 100% a matchup that they want to do no matter what but it just seems like a herculean effort they're putting down for right now.

In terms of other interesting info here:
-Swan clowned on someone for playing Devil's Advocate against Grim because apparently he thinks Grim takes/stomps it, and then proclaimed it gave him a Joker moment.
-Bond vs Wick was a very difficult fight to figure out the fight/fight choreography of and took a lot of time
-Popeye vs Saitama was the opposite, the fight's progression, ideas, and jokes were all nearly identical to the initial draft, the beginning and the end were nearly identical, the only parts that they changed much were the transitions and the middle part with the boat. They also said that the idea with Saitama's death finally giving him what he wanted along with his death being a type of "canon death" was very bold of them to do.
-They often don't want to have massive stories or arcs in the fight, as they don't want to step on the toes of the creators of the characters when it comes to storytelling, and they also emphasized that Death Battle is a show about the fight itself more than anything else. They acknowledged the joke about the animation starting with characters just, fighting for no reason, and said it's very intentional sometimes, and that fight setups are very silly intentionally. They don't prioritize fight setups or stories in fights, but like putting them in when they can (they used Saitama vs Popeye, Deadpool's episodes, and He-Man vs Lion-O as their setups or fight stories/character presences.
-They brought up that sometimes fights are incredibly easy to make setups for, like Dio vs Alucard, considering their roles are vampires & vampire hunters.
-Ben feels like Season 1 & 2 are the worst parts of the show, and that about halfway Season 3 is where they finally started to figure themselves out. They do acknowledge that Season 2 has some classics like Snake v Sam and Torrian episodes. Swan took a jab at how bad S1 & 2 (I think their research) was.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
So far the remaining episodes

10/16 - Spongebob vs. Aquaman
10/30 - Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees
11/13 - ???
11/27 - ???
12/11 - Sauron vs. Lich King or Darth Vader

Any guesses/predictions on what the ones in November might be? I'm assuming the Sauron one will be the season finale since that's a pretty finale-ish type fight involving final boss dark lords.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
So far the remaining episodes

10/16 - Spongebob vs. Aquaman
10/30 - Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees
11/13 - ???
11/27 - ???
12/11 - Sauron vs. Lich King or Darth Vader

Any guesses/predictions on what the ones in November might be?
Sauron vs Lich is easily happening after Jason vs Michael

no way its season finale material nor would DB have teased one early in a trailer

the unconfirmed MU could be whatever like the season finale

Back