• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
image0.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Surge VS Albedo (Sonic the Hedgehog VS Ben 10)- Sam doesn’t know anything about Surge, so John explains the basics of her character. Sam says in response “I guess [the matchup] makes sense”.

Firekong VS Flame Dragon (Monster Legends VS Dragon City)- They don’t know the games, but John likes it.

Scion VS Lavos (Worm VS Chrono Trigger)- They don’t know anything about Worm, but Sam says the connections seem to make sense, and he thinks a Lavos fight would be cool.

Deku VS Spider-Man (My Hero Academia VS Marvel)- Erin and John say that Deku is “slowly becoming a Spider-Man”, and Erin thinks it’d be fun to play off the similarities between the characters. John points out that Deku was heavily inspired by Spider-Man. Erin thinks it’d be a Liam episode.

Calypso VS The Genie (Twisted Metal VS Aladdin)- They don’t remember Calypso. John thinks the dynamic seems similar to Bill VS Discord. Sam says there’s good animation potential, and a Genie fight would be fun.

Stan Smith VS Sterling Archer (American Dad VS Archer)- Sam says it makes sense overall, but he has “so close to zero interest in it”, mainly because he dislikes Seth MacFarlane’s style of comedy and doesn’t want to watch all of American Dad.

Ban VS Andy (The Seven Deadly Sins VS Undead Unluck)- Since both characters are immortal, it might be difficult to find a win-con, meaning it would be fun to analyze. Sam says some researchers are fans of SDS.

Blaze VS Rivet (Sonic the Hedgehog VS Ratchet & Clank)- Sam thinks Rivet is a better character than Ratchet, which derails the discussion. They don’t really talk about the MU.

Proto Man VS E-123 Omega (Mega Man VS Sonic the Hedgehog)- Sam thinks Proto Man needs more attention, and it’s a cool MU. At the same time, he thinks they'd be at a lack of content for Omega because he’s not in that many games, but John says he’s pretty prominent in the IDW comics.

Undyne VS Majima (Undertale VS Yakuza)- It makes sense, but Sam thinks Majima should get “more of a fever dream fight”. Erin thinks the fight track would pop off.

Raiden Shogun VS Saber (Genshin Impact VS Fate)- John gets why the MU is suggested, but says Fate characters are insanely broken, and should be pit against equally broken characters, which Raiden isn’t. Sam says Genshin Impact and Fate are both franchises that they really want to bring into DB, but they need to find the right MUs first.

The Crawler VS Miles Morales (MHA: Vigilantes VS Marvel)- “It’s Deku VS Spider-Man, but the spinoffs”, so if that MU makes sense, so does this one. Sam loves Miles and is glad that Spider-Verse has made him so popular.

Roy VS Roy Mustang (Fire Emblem VS Fullmetal Alchemist)- Sam thinks it makes sense and would be cool. It would probably be a fairly close MU, though they’re not sure where exactly FE Roy scales.

Ramen VS Spaghetti- They find it hilarious (as a meme, probably not as an actual MU). They all think ramen wins.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid VS Neptune (Kamen Rider VS Hyperdimension Neptunia)- Ex-Aid being described as a “video gaming doctor” raises some questions. Sam says Hyperdimension Neptunia is right up their alley, and the MU seems fun.

Yamcha VS Ban (Dragon Ball VS The Seven Deadly Sins)- Returning to the earlier point from Ban VS Andy, John says Yamcha actually has a win-con, since his power is great enough to atomize Ban. Sam makes the point that, despite Yamcha being a joke character, he is still pretty powerful.

Garnet VS White Chain (Steven Universe VS Kill Six Billion Demons)- They aren’t familiar with Kill Six Billion Demons, but they love White Chain’s design. The connections seem strong, and the MU seems cool.

First matchup for the next Ballot Banter in Ember VS Sylvanos (Brawlhalla VS Rivals of Aether).

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Ban gave up his immortality in favor of stat amps so there’s nothing stopping Yamcha from just one-shorting him with a ki blast lol

I'm not sure how many people know that Ban gave up his immortality, considering his other matchup is with Andy. I, and probably many others, did drop the series around that point.
Also, Undead Unluck being mentioned at all!
Would love a match up with either Andy or Fuuko but besides the seeies still being unpopular, even with the anime, I think they're about to enter an arc with major power-ups/powercreep.

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
The fight would be simple, yet hard-hitting, due to both their styles. Composite just gives them retarded scaling and added abilities that they barely use. :russ
Ngl if they can get torrian back on this this should would be easy top 10 all time
Imagine him and DevilArtemis together

Back