• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Screenshot_2023-11-06_1.56.31_PM.png
Screenshot_2023-11-06_1.56.54_PM.png
Screenshot_2023-11-06_1.54.19_PM.png
Screenshot_2023-11-06_1.53.29_PM.png

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Funnily enough you don't even need to get into The Doctor's higher end shit (absorbing the Time Vortex, The Moment, The Glory) for him to still demolish Rick :maybe

Take the De-Mat Gun for example
dfham5d-300017c0-2db9-4792-b403-1d00517a4b1b.jpg

Here's how it works https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/De-mat_Gun

"When its trigger was pulled, the De-mat Gun would fire a beam that erased its target from reality itself. It did so by scanning its target's timeline, identifying every particle that ever interacted with their body, and then using its superpowerful quantum computer, linked to the Homeworld's causal nexus, to remodel everything else in creation without the target. From the user's perspective, the machine didn't harm anything, but from the victim's point of view, they were suddenly built out of molecules that the universe didn't remember. Despite having no physical form, no past, and no present, the victim would nonetheless continue to exist as a "naked soul".

The Doctor once used this to erase a Sontaran Leader and his troops.

I've seen an argument online that the Doctor could never completely kill Rick because of something called "Operation Phoenix" that sends Rick's consciousness into a clone body in another universe whenever he dies. But the De-Mat Gun would make this completely irrelevant given how it functions :mjlol

Sigismund

Funnily enough you don't even need to get into The Doctor's higher end shit (absorbing the Time Vortex, The Moment, The Glory) for him to still demolish Rick :maybe

Take the De-Mat Gun for example
dfham5d-300017c0-2db9-4792-b403-1d00517a4b1b.jpg

Here's how it works https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/De-mat_Gun

"When its trigger was pulled, the De-mat Gun would fire a beam that erased its target from reality itself. It did so by scanning its target's timeline, identifying every particle that ever interacted with their body, and then using its superpowerful quantum computer, linked to the Homeworld's causal nexus, to remodel everything else in creation without the target. From the user's perspective, the machine didn't harm anything, but from the victim's point of view, they were suddenly built out of molecules that the universe didn't remember. Despite having no physical form, no past, and no present, the victim would nonetheless continue to exist as a "naked soul".

The Doctor once used this to erase a Sontaran Leader and his troops.

I've seen an argument online that the Doctor could never completely kill Rick because of something called "Operation Phoenix" that sends Rick's consciousness into a clone body in another universe whenever he dies. But the De-Mat Gun would make this completely irrelevant given how it functions :mjlol
I mean Baker/4 also had the Key To Time, and his feats in the Assassin's city.

4 Alone Solos, let alone later variants

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
What’ll be your reaction if Rick miraculously ends up winning?
If Swan's heading this, it's a possibility, given he's apparently a huge Rick and Morty fan.

Honestly, I prob won't mind it, if the Doctor being used on-screen is the Chibnall era version, which destroyed everything Doctor Who was with god awful writing. Because go figure, the first female doctor was essentially a dipshit despite supposedly being 'hyper intelligent'. I can absolutely see Rick beating her, if it's just her. :heston

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
If Swan's heading this, it's a possibility, given he's apparently a huge Rick and Morty fan.

Honestly, I prob won't mind it, if the Doctor being used on-screen is the Chibnall era version, which destroyed everything Doctor Who was with god awful writing. Because go figure, the first female doctor was essentially a dipshit despite supposedly being 'hyper intelligent'. I can absolutely see Rick beating her, if it's just her. :heston
Ur thoughts on Courage vs Scooby?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member

I’m pretty sure the primary version they’re using will be the 10th since he was focused on in the next time trailer. Though he could cycle through all of his forms throughout the DB.

They’re definitely using a lot more than just Chibnall’s era given Ultraguy’s Suggested Media: https://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2023/11/suggested-media-drwho.html?m=1

And all the stuff they brought up in the Deathbattle Cast they did for this fight a while back

Maddie

Acclaimed

Pretty sure its confirmed to be Tenant Doctor

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I’m pretty sure the primary version they’re using will be the 10th since he was focused on in the next time trailer. Though he could cycle through all of his forms throughout the DB.

They’re definitely using a lot more than just Chibnall’s era given Ultraguy’s Suggested Media: https://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2023/11/suggested-media-drwho.html?m=1

And all the stuff they brought up in the Deathbattle Cast they did for this fight a while back

Pretty sure its confirmed to be Tenant Doctor
I already know it'll be more than the god awful 13th Doctor. I'm just more so saying that if it were her and just her, Rick has a solid chance at winning, and I'd actually be rooting for him to, in that instance, because of how dreadful Chibnall era 'Who' was.

Not sure how I feel about 10 being the primary Doctor, though I suppose for casuals/normies, he's the most iconic and well-known Doctor, as opposed to the serious fans of the series(pre-chibnall era) who would have 4 as theirs, generally speaking, with the 1st coming right after, simply for being the '1st'(until Chibnall ruined it with that shitty retcon).

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Ur thoughts on Courage vs Scooby?
I enjoyed it. Going with a tie where neither doggo dies, on one hand, is cheap as hell, and brings up the question as to why a few other death battles, which likely should've ended in a draw, didn't. On the other hand though, seeing a good boy die on-screen isn't something I'd like to see, so I'll give them a pass on that ending. :wow

Maddie

Acclaimed
I already know it'll be more than the god awful 13th Doctor. I'm just more so saying that if it were her and just her, Rick has a solid chance at winning, and I'd actually be rooting for him to, in that instance, because of how dreadful Chibnall era 'Who' was.

Not sure how I feel about 10 being the primary Doctor, though I suppose for casuals/normies, he's the most iconic and well-known Doctor, as opposed to the serious fans of the series(pre-chibnall era) who would have 4 as theirs, generally speaking, with the 1st coming right after, simply for being the '1st'(until Chibnall ruined it with that shitty retcon).
actually as fucking horrible as the Timeless Child is it removes Rick's last remaining wincon cuz it gives the Doctor infinite regens

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
actually as fucking horrible as the Timeless Child is it removes Rick's last remaining wincon cuz it gives the Doctor infinite regens
Double-tap is a thing. Shoot the bitch down while she's regenerating.

11 showed he was clever enough to get out of that situation(even if the writing behind it was pure bollocks) but she hasn't.(Know I'm grasping at straws here, but she literally didn't.) :mjlol

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I enjoyed it. Going with a tie where neither doggo dies, on one hand, is cheap as hell, and brings up the question as to why a few other death battles, which likely should've ended in a draw, didn't. On the other hand though, seeing a good boy die on-screen isn't something I'd like to see, so I'll give them a pass on that ending. :wow
Out of curiosity which DBs are you referring to with this?

I get the reasoning here that both of them were practically unkillable due to coming back from nothing. It would've taken some shit like erasing them from all of time but neither of them had an ability like that at their disposal.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
The fight will basically be the Doctor getting pissed at Rick's bullshit and then doing this

I've been seeing the discourse online and a surprising amount of people think The Doctor's purely a pacifist :hestonpls

Aside from the video you linked already, they should just take one look at this to see how wrong they are :catsalute

Back