• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yeah

For Dragon Ball's case, each universe is part of a timeline so part of one temporal dimension (As opposed to like u7 having all of its own timelines and U6 having all of its own), and there is no proof they are causally/metaphysically separate. And when Zen'o destroyed a timeline he only destroyed a finite amount because they jsut went to an earlier point of that timeline and it still existed.

They really dropped the ball on the cosmology.
Technically they didn't in the anime. They literally just time-travelled to a place that was a void without time and space anymore, because the writers forgot how bloody time-travel was supposed to work at its most basic component.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Apparently, having there just be one Zeno, and have him be able to move himself out of there and back to his palace was an idea that took a bit too much brain power for anyone involved in Super at that time to comprehend.
:russ

Maddie

Acclaimed
Apparently, having there just be one Zeno, and have him be able to move himself out of there and back to his palace was an idea that took a bit too much brain power for anyone involved in Super at that time to comprehend.
:russ
To be fair the writing might legit get too confusing when you realize the ramifications, given the main timeline for U7 with the Goku we know is actually *the fourth* timeline and the prime timeline is Cell's timeline. So that's gonna lead to issues when interacting with Champa as presumably he'd have to realize he's interacting with an alternate timeline non-original Beerus whenever we see the two

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
To be fair the writing might legit get too confusing when you realize the ramifications, given the main timeline for U7 with the Goku we know is actually *the fourth* timeline and the prime timeline is Cell's timeline. So that's gonna lead to issues when interacting with Champa as presumably he'd have to realize he's interacting with an alternate timeline non-original Beerus whenever we see the two
Then retcon it so the timeline we know is the original, and have there be only one Zeno, since he's supposed to be the supreme being.

Warlordgab

Illustrious

Basically bases all of tiering beyond baseline universal on this. She is a mega autist and wanted to outright get rid of "multiversal" as commonly percieved, but had to lower her power level to make some compromises and not be totally alien.

Main gist is higher infinities are real and mathematically viable and they can be rigorously analyzed, quantified, and qualified in cross-fictional comparisons. Higher dimensions, however, aren't higher infinities, and merely an arbitrarily large series of points across an axis. Dimensional tiering is nonsense because dimensions are nothing but points. It affects volumetric size of a lower dimension, but won't be actually tangibly relevant unless a structure is infinite dimensional, which at that point the volume of something will always be infinite due to some geometric formulas.

It rejects the arbitrary wank of dimensional tiering but it is extremely strict, uncaring, and unforgiving. For example, not even Zen'o in DBS would likely get beyond universal+
This is amazing. There's some points I find somewhat difficult, but overall seems pretty solid

You should totally bring your friend here. That system of hers probably has a better chance in this site

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
This is amazing. There's some points I find somewhat difficult, but overall seems pretty solid

You should totally bring your friend here. That system of hers probably has a better chance in this site
Be interesting to see how much wank across fiction would get annihilated under this system. :mjlol Especially if it actually WAS accepted in the vs wiki.:trinny:trinny:trinny

Maddie

Acclaimed
She says she used to go on OBD but gave up because "oldfags" rip

But, that makes me wonder, Death Battle is going to deal with higher dimensional shit eventually, they already dipped their toes in it with Wally West vs Archie Sonic, makes me wonder what they're gonna do when they reach Galactus vs Unicron, Kyle Rayner vs TTGL, and Xeno Goku vs ???

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
She says she used to go on OBD but gave up because "oldfags" rip

But, that makes me wonder, Death Battle is going to deal with higher dimensional shit eventually, they already dipped their toes in it with Wally West vs Archie Sonic, makes me wonder what they're gonna do when they reach Galactus vs Unicron, Kyle Rayner vs TTGL, and Xeno Goku vs ???
Will be interesting to say the least

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
How would Cable have a chance in hell against Trunks?
You ask how? Its simple, Liam got Cable as the guy he had to debate for, so he gave him some VERY loose scaling to Peak Silver Surfer, and may've taken a time manip feat out of context to scale it to his speed, in order to make him way faster than Trunks. It was a whole thing. :mjlol:russ

Reactions: OLK

Sir Huxley Rex Bolex IV

All-Conquering Cosmocrat

Basically bases all of tiering beyond baseline universal on this. She is a mega autist and wanted to outright get rid of "multiversal" as commonly percieved, but had to lower her power level to make some compromises and not be totally alien.

Main gist is higher infinities are real and mathematically viable and they can be rigorously analyzed, quantified, and qualified in cross-fictional comparisons. Higher dimensions, however, aren't higher infinities, and merely an arbitrarily large series of points across an axis. Dimensional tiering is nonsense because dimensions are nothing but points. It affects volumetric size of a lower dimension, but won't be actually tangibly relevant unless a structure is infinite dimensional, which at that point the volume of something will always be infinite due to some geometric formulas.

It rejects the arbitrary wank of dimensional tiering but it is extremely strict, uncaring, and unforgiving. For example, not even Zen'o in DBS would likely get beyond universal+
Yeah you should generally try to make your tiering system fit fiction instead of trying to make fiction fit your tiering system, if that makes sense.

Something simple like "Universe < Universe+ (infinite universe) < Multiverse < Multiverse+ (infinite multiverse) < Metaverse (X number of levels of existence) < Metaverse+ (infinite levels of existence) < Immeasurable (beyond infinite levels of existence)" should fit most fictions' while accounting for various idiosyncrasies in their cosmologies.

Back