• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nah but I could tell Guts vs Dimitri is gonna be a stomp just by the genre alone really

Berserk is like Witcher where it's this low medieval fantasy with very few magical elements + strong characters, it just so happens the MC is the baddest dude around and slays the (in universe) unbeatable monsters left and right. Contrast it with anyone from Fire Emblem, a zany JRPG, the same type of game known for having the heroes kill gods by the end :tupac

Same reason pretty much anyone could tell Chosen Undead was gonna get stomped really, one character's from essentially a Berserk fanfic that isn't afraid to get a bit mythological, and the other is from a 60s Marvel-level drug fueled fever dream :risigif

Maddie

Acclaimed
@Sigismund Do you think Kyle with White Lantern Ring is godsphere level or still just Orrery level? Is there a way Death Battle can rate Kyle up to Godsphere levels through some fast and loose scaling even if he shouldn't or should be?

Godsphere level Kyle might be too much for Simon, though the Anti-Spiral realm might be similar @Stocking Anarchy isnt the Anti-Spiral Realm like a platonic realm of thoughts and emotions? Does it have any transcedental language or statements? Or is it still spatially/scientifically bound?

Sigismund

@Sigismund Do you think Kyle with White Lantern Ring is godsphere level or still just Orrery level? Is there a way Death Battle can rate Kyle up to Godsphere levels through some fast and loose scaling even if he shouldn't or should be?

Godsphere level Kyle might be too much for Simon, though the Anti-Spiral realm might be similar @Stocking Anarchy isnt the Anti-Spiral Realm like a platonic realm of thoughts and emotions? Does it have any transcedental language or statements? Or is it still spatially/scientifically bound?
Kyle should scale above Nabu/Dr Fate, and thus above the Lords of Order and Chaos. They can slot him as "Godsphere" from that IIRC.

Also with the Life Equation, Kyle goes up further, so if they give him that to match STTGL, he should do even better

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Anyways speaking on Trigger MU
Ragyo vs Lusamine is a popular one tossed around

Idk who Satsuki best at this point it's all over the place

Nui been pit against Doflamingo

Mako vs Chie a thing and was a CDB

Kyle vs Simon is the big one but needs more of a push

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

It's a common misconception. The Anti-Spiral realm is a pocket universe created by the Anti-Spiral which exists on the highest levels of the Multiverse(s), which they can control to their whim (including probability and the flow of time). However, an argument can be made for the Anti-Spiral dimension being a multiverse of its own, as we see alternate Simons when Team Dai-Gurren is thrown within the Labyrinth (from within the Anti-Spiral dimension).

The Super Spiral Space on the other hand (which yes, is different to the Anti-Spiral dimension), is a realm created by warping the entire Multiverse and combining all versions of a person/mecha along with all of the thoughts and experiences and emotions they had. The Super Spiral Space transcends all known laws of physics as held by perceptual beings. There's more on the Super Spiral Space that I'm trying to decipher because it's one of the most insane aspects of Gurren Lagann, and I'm still uncovering how it works to this day.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

>vs Lusamine

Sounds silly

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Where's Lusamine sitting at?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Let's see how much attention you've all been paying...
Super-Galaxy-Gurren-Lagann-vs-Galo-de-Lion.jpg

KAMINA-VS-GALO.png

The-Promare-vs-Woodward.png

Am-vs-Satsuki.jpg

David-vs-Kenji.jpg

Midori-vs-Sucy.png

Adam-Smasher-vs-Vulcan.png
IMO the winners would be...

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann
Galo Thymos
Woodward
Satsuki
This one I'm actually not too sure on
Sucy Manbavaran
Adam Smasher

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Doomslayer vs Doomguy pros and cons
+Master Chief is still more skilled while Doomslayer is more experienced and brutal, would make for an interesting choreography... back in 2016
+The stats weren't too bad, and the fight may start well..... Back in 2016
+Both have AI companions
+Both are traumatized over the loss of loved ones
+Wide weapons arsenal
-While 2016 Doomslayer vs Master Chief may be fun, Doom Eternal (Specifically TAG) exists and it makes it the largest stomp in Death Battle history at the moment. Small building level with a few decades of experience vs multiversal+ with literal eons of battle experience fucking ouch
-Master Chief's popularity has utterly died due to the failures of 343 Halo
-Doomslayer isn't really a space marine anymore, he's more of a godlike wrath blood warrior. The space marine theming isn't much of a thing anymore. Chief has other options like Prophet, Shephard, etc.

Still want Doomslayer vs Marathon Securitybro :wow
There is a new Marathon game coming out so while it’s insanely unlikely …

I do also think it’s the most thematic though. Marathon came out extremely close to the original Doom, and while it wasn’t as influential, it’s pretty insane that a game of that era had deep enough lore to still be fervently argued over to this day. It would be a cool match due to, aside from comparable power, the opposing philosophies of the games at the time of release (Doom “story in a game is useless” and Marathon’s stories within stories) and both of them hugely influencing shooter games, albeit Marathon indirectly by spawning Halo

Back