• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Nevermind. Found it myself

Though it’s from yesterday so it could’ve changed since.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

Btw I've been wanting to read immortal hulk. Can I just start with the storyline or is there previous issues i'd need to read?
they include an issue 0 that while published in the middle of the run, is a collection of older Hulk stories that explain his background and mental state. It’s really fucking good and I’m glad I started there. There are some things and references to other Hulk stories but as someone who didn’t read those, the story still made sense to me

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
"Let's not do that, he explained in the video and as someone who has managed a ton of VS shows its mentally taxing.The thing is that VS shows are sunk cost work, this is the case for even DB.You look at any VS show and yes I mean DB too, they hardly make any profit.For one you can't sell the IP since its based off of other characters. Its a litigation nightmare.VS fans want content but they barely want to show actual support. Its been the case of making shows since 2014, its the case now.So merch doesn't do well, the brand name itself doesn't do a whole lot either"

"It can be draining having an entire community be your judge jury and executioner"
"A community that doesnt agree with itself half the time."
Tbh if I didnt have an editing gig I would not be in VS rn in any capacity.Its too much of a mental headache.
Honestly I think this era of the community is spoiled afrn you're getting some of the best VS content in the last decade but people are always looking at the gift horses' mouth"it wasnt long enough, they didnt go into this, why did they do this, 7/10 tbh wheres the review"If I gotta see one more connection essay after any VS show episode gets announced imma lose my mind

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Hulk would probably win cause of the immortal hulk stuff.

But from the Singular Point anime, Godzilla is an eldritch being called a Singular Point, which is a literal "bad future".

the Godzilla we see in the series is actually just a shadow of the true Godzilla which exists in the 4th dimension and in another world. There is actually two known godzilla's in Singular Point, Godzilla Ultima which appears in the end of the series, and a smaller Godzilla that the Japanese found during WW2 and put its skeleton in a secret base. There's also evidence to suggest that in SP Godzilla was the beast of revelation and previously appeared in feudal Japan.

So even if you kill the physical body Godzilla will not die.

Once evolving into Ultima, Godzilla in its 100+ meter size is capable of bending space-time near itself and releasing large amounts of Red Dust. (To note, Ultima when it first appeared was only 45 meters it grew too over 100 meters at the end of the series)

Godzilla once reaching the "anointed time" is capable of destroying the universe. Its unknown in the series how but its possibly has to do with evolving far enough to cause a false vacuum decay.

Godzilla was stopped due to Jet Jaguar PP, who used the Archetype's time-bending properties to put itself into a time loop to fight Godzilla until it can find the code for the Orthogonal Diagonalizer.

Archetype is a special material that exists in a higher dimension, just like Singular Point's the Archetype shown in the series is only a shadow of its true self. Singular Points like Godzilla are capable of producing Archetype and incorporate it into their biology, possibly even creating there 3d bodies from it.

The Orthogonal Diagonalizer is a programmable atom, which can change the phase of the Archetype. Thus also being able to nullify it, however, this requires a special code, if wrong it could cause catastrophic effects like turning water into salt. After Jet Jaguar PP calculated the right code it was able to use the OD to destroy Godzilla's body and nullify all the red dust around the world.

However it seems that it didn't effect the true godzilla.

That's a broken down version of Godzilla from SP, I actually made a respect thread for it but had to delete cause the videos took to much space on gdrive.

This is only for the anime btw, there's a guidebook and novel that apparently gets into multiversal stuff. @Mr.OMG has the scans.
If I understand correctly, there was some sort of higher entity that split into two entities, and one of them is Godzilla. Given that the screenwriter was a nutcase named Toh Enjoy, who also wrote the book Self Reference Engine, there is an infinite hierarchy of dreams/multiverse(Godzilla/IT dreams). Atomic breath is capable of destroying space, time, matter and causality. Godzilla is able to manipulate fate, probability, and has infinite processing power. In short, it's all bad. Btw, I just found info on VSB where people were sharing scans of the book

Maddie

Acclaimed
If I understand correctly, there was some sort of higher entity that split into two entities, and one of them is Godzilla. Given that the screenwriter was a nutcase named Toh Enjoy, who also wrote the book Self Reference Engine, there is an infinite hierarchy of dreams/multiverse(Godzilla/IT dreams). Atomic breath is capable of destroying space, time, matter and causality. Godzilla is able to manipulate fate, probability, and has infinite processing power. In short, it's all bad. Btw, I just found info on VSB where people were sharing scans of the book
NGL I know Death Battle won't touch monster girl quest in a quinvigintillion years but Adramelech vs Singular Point Godzilla sounds thematic

No not on the MU the post ya agree with?

Ah that, basically yeah, you really can't profit off of VS. debates that much these days due to simply being way too many Youtube Channels that do the same thing for free. So expecting people to support it because "you put an extra bit of razzle-dazzle on it" is like "How does that matter" when Death Battle exists?

And if the last part said their is true, yeah, the VS. community is spoiled for choice... however, the VS. community is still a niche at the end of the day. Death Battle only gets people who just want to see the fights at the end and a "justification" to throw around like they care, most actual VS. communities don't really give a single solitary fuck about Death Battle outside of seeing how popular certain matches are and if Death Battle can give actual reasons for victory and not nonsensical ones.
So yes, actually trying to have people support a VS. channel through monetary cash flow was always going to fail miserably. You do it as a hobby and for fun, nothing more, nothing less.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Is there a panel showing Gojo's limitless getting overpowered? Because the way the fandom hypes that thing sounds similar to cases of Inappropriate Generalizations

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
c7f6b5300688c32879cecdd2c98f848789cbcd8df428e7debdaa7dc970bb401e.jpg
would be cool to include if Rick vs The Doctor happens at some point

Back