• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Because I don't want comic matchups from Marvel/DC (Not even SvK because their scaling for DC is so fucking retarded they'd have Simon lose to base pre-Circle of Fire Kyle at this point) these are all the matchups I would really want left
Wouldn’t street level matchups not have that problem?

I’ll still keep wanting Mysterio vs Scarecrow and Bullseye vs Deadshot, come what may :catsalute

Maddie

Acclaimed

I’ll still keep wanting Mysterio vs Scarecrow and Bullseye vs Deadshot, come what may :catsalute
Yeah but I'm usually not into street level capeshit ~~or fighting games~~

also I am so sick of every permutation of Spiderman vs Batman

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member

Fair enough.

Though I would like to say I think the main appeal of Bullseye vs Deadshot is that Bullseye is a more unconventional marksman who’ll take random everyday objects and throw them with enough accuracy to still make them lethal.

Toothpicks (sniped a woman through a window with one, one time), paper clips (derailed an ambulance with one), friggin Paper Airplanes (threw one hard enough to pierce through a window, and another hard enough to KO Daredevil lol) you name it. It would just be so much fun IMO to see an animated fight with him doing crazy trick shots with a bunch of random bullshit :skully

No other fight has that exact appeal to me.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
spider_man_vs_batman_sprite_art_by_d2thag23_dglx0e9-pre.jpg
homelander_vs_iron_patroit___diabolical_patriots__by_mugen_senseistudios_dgllak2-pre.jpg

Maddie

Acclaimed
If they ever do Aragorn I'd prefer they do Baahubali:

• Aragorn would probably beat both due to the lore book stuff, but at the very least Baahubali looks like he stands a chance and can beat the mainstream movie Aragorn. Everyone knows Jon Snow gets his teeth kicked in. Seeing how impressive Baahubali is but then learning "oh shit book Aragorn is jacked" would be more entertaining than "Yes, we know Jon Snow gets nolubed"
  • Baahubali and Aragorn have the whole "claimant to the throne in exile" thing going on and both of their story's are about them becoming the rightful king again
  • Baahubali was a sort of celebration of Tamil and Hindu mythology in the form of a modern myth, luch like LotR was a celebration of Anglo-Saxon and Christian legend in modern myth.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If they ever do Aragorn I'd prefer they do Baahubali:

• Aragorn would probably beat both due to the lore book stuff, but at the very least Baahubali looks like he stands a chance and can beat the mainstream movie Aragorn. Everyone knows Jon Snow gets his teeth kicked in. Seeing how impressive Baahubali is but then learning "oh shit book Aragorn is jacked" would be more entertaining than "Yes, we know Jon Snow gets nolubed"
  • Baahubali and Aragorn have the whole "claimant to the throne in exile" thing going on and both of their story's are about them becoming the rightful king again
  • Baahubali was a sort of celebration of Tamil and Hindu mythology in the form of a modern myth, luch like LotR was a celebration of Anglo-Saxon and Christian legend in modern myth.

I agree on this. Plus more exposure for Baahubali is always great. That movie should be a household name :wow

Maddie

Acclaimed
I agree on this. Plus more exposure for Baahubali is always great. That movie should be a household name :wow
While I wouldn't call Baahubali extremely popular it is more beloved than whatever GoT is right now with the show's shitty ending the books being in development hell

Great Potato

Preeminent

How would the Scarecrow vs Mysterio match even work? To my knowledge, Scarecrow's fear toxin needs to be inhaled to take effect, and Mysterio's fishbowl helmet should shut that down. That should make it a stomp unless he gets the jump on Mysterio before he puts his costume on.

Unless you mean Rey Mysterio, in which case he's survived being thrown off the roof of a skyscraper and regenerated his eyeball after his match with Rollins, so I'm not sure Scarecrow can keep him down before he finishes it with the 619.

Bulleye vs Deadshot would be a Daredevil vs Batman match-up, which I think we've only had one of so far.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
How would the Scarecrow vs Mysterio match even work? To my knowledge, Scarecrow's fear toxin needs to be inhaled to take effect, and Mysterio's fishbowl helmet should shut that down. That should make it a stomp unless he gets the jump on Mysterio before he puts his costume on.
I’ve heard Scarecrow also has syringes he can stab you with to inject it, and a “Scarebeast” form.

Mysterio still wins for sure, but with all the illusions going around it’s sure to be a visually engaging fight.

Back