Death Battle Discussion

OrlandoSky

Paramount
That explains a lot about the latest season and them distancing themselves from RT as well as focusing a lot on Youtube content

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
It can, there will be obvious budget cuts though. They have 5.78 Million subscribers that's higher than Game Grumps
worst case scenario they'll raise a gofundme per season or rely on patreon.
Main problem currently is that RT still owns the rights of the Death Battle IP
And they now lack major funding from a business point
You also need to pay researchers, writers, editors, hosts, artists, etc etc

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Main problem currently is that RT still owns the rights of the Death Battle IP
And they now lack major funding from a business point
You also need to pay researchers, writers, editors, hosts, artists, etc etc
And making animation is expensive lately, I found out here in Latin America the minute of animation is around $800, in the USA it must be much more and that the channel must be profitable because if it only covers the costs it is not worth it.

It's sad for people who lose their jobs.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
And making animation is expensive lately, I found out here in Latin America the minute of animation is around $800, in the USA it must be much more and that the channel must be profitable because if it only covers the costs it is not worth it.

It's sad for people who lose their jobs.
Back in the S5 days they said that the usual cost was about $5k per episode, the most expensive being Power Rangers vs Voltron being $10k

That's about $80k per season and according to Sam's post here it doesn't look like the Youtube channel would help with that

Keep in mind in terms of youtube monetization (very roughly) 1 million views is around 1k and assuming none of the episodes from S10 are claimed (which is borderline impossible) the total money the most generous money they earned via youtube views would be 39k. Granted sponsorships would make up for lack of monetization and I don't know how much they pay but still.

Back