Do you agree with stoves being banned

Maddie

Acclaimed
Apparently the paper that is being used to justify the attack on gas stoves recently came from an institute deeply tied in the pockets of the CCP.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
It's only going to get worse, we should have been shifting to cleaner energy MUCH faster. I realize it's not our fault but it's always this way, everyone pays for the tops inaction.

Apparently the paper that is being used to justify the attack on gas stoves recently came from an institute deeply tied in the pockets of the CCP.

Any evidence for this claim?

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
it's too expensive compared to gas stoves
Like electric cars

It's not that electric cars are expensive, it's that good looking electric cars are expensive.

A chevy volt is no more than 25k, less with all the rebates they brought back.

But nobody wants a volt. They want an Ioniq 5, A Kia EV6, A Tesla. I totally sympathize too, I'd love an Ioniq 5 or 6 but I know it's my fault for not accepting the uglier, better for the environment, affordable option.

Alternatively you can go hybrid, the new Civic has been looking really good and they've seriously upgraded their interior quality, they're not as reliable as they used to be but if you just want a cool looking hybrid, there's going to be more options on the civic coming this year iirc. Including a brand new hatchback with the same hybrid options.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator

Basically working with any China entity is working with the CCP

It doesn't get more biased than that site my dude. Is that really the place you're going to go for unbiased, neutral, facts? I wouldn't.

Might as well watch CNN and use it as your bible. Same shit different side.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them

It doesn't get more biased than that site my dude. Is that really the place you're going to go for unbiased, neutral, facts? I wouldn't.

Might as well watch CNN and use it as your bible. Same shit different side.

They tell you FACTS about who did what that you can independently check.

ZOMGH bias!
what the....

:whathekong

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Washington beacon : Water is Wet, *Links directly to sources to confirm the information.
All sides user : Nope, Cannot believe it. bias website.

same energy

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
They tell you FACTS about who did what that you can independently check.

ZOMGH bias!
what the....

:whathekong
Washington beacon : Water is Wet, *Links directly to sources to confirm the information.
All sides user : Nope, Cannot believe it. bias website.

same energy

Yeah I just independently checked. This is the only website I found such a claim and it has a huge political lean.

Do people not know how to find a good source of information these days? No wonder people believe all sorts of dumbass shit.

Find me a source that leans neither left nor right that confirms this and we'll talk.

Nice false equivalence, it's easy to test if water is wet, your claim is much more extraordinary and so your evidence needs to match. Learn to vet your information.

Let me break it down for you a little more, if you find a source that has ANY obvious bias, you should question it, research it, find more articles/papers that confirm it. If you can't you're probably better off assuming it's a liberal or conservative bullshit piece.

Again

I would not use CNN or the National Review to check my facts because they are significantly likely to spin a story with some kind of bias. Now Reuters on the other hand? Yeah, that's the first place I'd look to confirm.

Last edited:

Maddie

Acclaimed
Reuters is a propaganda site, just like National Review. National Review is especially insidious as it's a conservative site still promoting the boomer delusions of Modernism, Protestantism, Neoliberalism, Americanism, and Democracy to placate conservatives like some sort of opiate.

Wei Ding is on here, he runs this company:

Our track record of professional services includes a number of precedent-setting transactions, demonstrating our deep participation in China’s economic reforms and development. Our goal is to become a leading international investment bank in China, as well as a significant player in the global financial market.

The Rocky Mountain Institute also sits on the China Clean Transportation Partnership:

http://en.cctp.org.cn/product/36498.html

CCTP's founding partners include The Energy Foundation China, China Academy of Transportation Sciences, Transport Planning and Research Institute of the Ministry of Transport, Vehicle Emission Control Center of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, Energy Research Institute of the National Development and Reform Committee, Tsinghua University, Beijing Institute of Technology, Society of Automotive Engineers of China, China Automotive Technology and Research Center, Beijing Transport Institute, Shanghai Electric Vehicle Public Data Collection, Monitoring and Research Center, Clean Air Asia, and the Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation.

These partners are as "independent" as fasci in Fascist Italy, aka only to the extent that they can make a profit. The second they aren't or they fall out of the CCP's favor, they are nationalized and distributed to more loyal corporations.

In fact the National Development and Reform Committee is an outright state organ:

Also RMI partnered with the World Economic Forum:

In January, RMI, the Energy Transitions Commission, the We Mean Business coalition, and the World Economic Forum launched the Mission Possible Partnership to accelerate the decarbonization of heavy industry and transport. The MPP will unify the critical actors needed to influence and enable industry transformation at speed and scale.

I don't think I need to link the amount of times the WEF was getting wet over China's socioeconomic organization.

Lastly for fun, the actual leader of RMI is Edward D. White, owner of Fahr LLC. He is an avowed supporter of Tom Steyer, which is evident through his company's donations:

Tom Steyer wants "frenemy relations with China" for the purpose of climate change:

Also going back to WEF he joined a board of a company regarding "sustainability" whose CEO was a WEF-stooge

Point is the paper that lobbied for Gas Stoves was not independent. Either it was CCP influenced or it was WEF influenced. I don't think the NGO who talk about penetrating cabinets for a new world order and who invites Tony Fucking blair to discuss digital infrastructure to monitor the health status of all people has it out for the best of people.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Reuters is a propaganda site, just like National Review. National Review is especially insidious as it's a conservative site still promoting the boomer delusions of Modernism, Protestantism, Neoliberalism, Americanism, and Democracy to placate conservatives like some sort of opiate.

Any proof of Reuters propaganda? And I mean not your opinion but a fact? And by that I mean not an article from your preferred site but an obviously impartial source?

Wei Ding is on here, he runs this company:

The Rocky Mountain Institute also sits on the China Clean Transportation Partnership:

http://en.cctp.org.cn/product/36498.html

These partners are as "independent" as fasci in Fascist Italy, aka only to the extent that they can make a profit. The second they aren't or they fall out of the CCP's favor, they are nationalized and distributed to more loyal corporations.

In fact the National Development and Reform Committee is an outright state organ:

They told you in high school not to use wikipedia as a source. I trust you know why?

Also RMI partnered with the World Economic Forum:

I don't think I need to link the amount of times the WEF was getting wet over China's socioeconomic organization.

Lastly for fun, the actual leader of RMI is Edward D. White, owner of Fahr LLC. He is an avowed supporter of Tom Steyer, which is evident through his company's donations:

Tom Steyer wants "frenemy relations with China" for the purpose of climate change:

Also going back to WEF he joined a board of a company regarding "sustainability" whose CEO was a WEF-stooge

Point is the paper that lobbied for Gas Stoves was not independent. Either it was CCP influenced or it was WEF influenced. I don't think the NGO who talk about penetrating cabinets for a new world order and who invites Tony Fucking blair to discuss digital infrastructure to monitor the health status of all people has it out for the best of people.
[/QUOTE]

Honestly it sounds like you're inserting your confirmation bias. At a glance Tom Steyer seems to be a climate activist. If you have problem with climate activists the problem is not the climate activist.

This sounds like some people got mad about their gas stoves potentially going away, and then got mad that we're trying to do something to get China, one of the biggest polluters on the planet to do something about it.

From your own article

"Despite saying he’s concerned over China’s alleged human rights abuses, Steyer said Washington and Beijing would have to find ways to cooperate, specifically citing work the U.S. and China would have to do to tackle climate change."

Oh no truly insidous! What a monster Steyer is. /Sarcasm

Look I hate the Chinese government as much any other person who values Western Democracy as the best way of life and governance BUT he's using something called nuance and context. We're in a climate crisis and even if WE fix our entire country, China would still be a massive issue with pollution, he's not wrong in that we should try to get them to do something about it.

If you want to talk about mistrust of money, government, and corporation, sure I don't trust them either, but your options are to start a revolution or well, this is what you get. Plus of course, that's merely an idle thought, there's no doubt there's corruption anywhere, but we don't have any truly undeniable proof of who, when, where, and how. We have ideas, we observe some things and come to conclusions, but our conclusion are not the same as evidence.
People today need to get that in their heads.

I'd be all for making lobbying illegal, stripping corporations of most of their rights, making it easier for more people to be politicians, and taking the money out of that system to eliminate some of the greed that entices scum to become politicians. All for it, but that's a big thing to do and I'd need much more than just me to want that.

Anyways, I have to go now. I'll come back to this later maybe. Kudos for actually providing some evidence, I just don't think the conclusion you arrived to is correct.
Climate change is a problem and it should be addressed, nothing short of murdering Xi and taking over China ourselves will stop their evil human rights abuse. we would require war or years of subtle, stealthily providing the truth to Chinese citizens to stir their fury and then somehow subtly give them the tools to overturn their own shitty government.

I hate their government, but Climate change does need to be addressed so he has a point when he says we need to get them to do something about their pollution. Nothing insidious about that. I love gas stoves too but fuck, I have an induction hotplate and if I really wanted I could buy 3 more for 300 and cook that way until I can afford a full induction stove.

Back