being more efficient is dumb?

then again, this is my stove:
2d23b99ba56487f77a61d2a6db59698a.jpg

• Kek
Reactions: Ral

One Last Username

Distinguished
no making average people only buy the newest stoves is stupid
as they are often far above the actual budget of what an average person can afford

same reason why people buy used cars instead of new ones
All the apartments I have ever every live in came with a gas stove.

There are provinces and states where you need to find your own, but you can buy a used electric stove no problem.

:lmao

Bob74h

The Supreme King
At least according to the prices
I can find

Gas stoves are more cheaper
image.png

vs
image.png

Make the eco friendly option more consumer friendly ie more affordable and then people will desire the electric stoves

make it affordable, that's literally the only problem here as most people arent really going to care if it's gas or electric powered as long as it gets the job done
however if your charging me up the ass, Im just going to get the gas stove. it's not about the method it's using to cook, it's about the cost of the item most generally

One Last Username

Distinguished
At least according to the prices
I can find

Gas stoves are more cheaper
image.png

vs
image.png

Make the eco friendly option more consumer friendly ie more affordable and then people will desire the electric stoves

make it affordable, that's literally the only problem here as most people arent really going to care if it's gas or electric powered as long as it gets the job done
however if your charging me up the ass, Im just going to get the gas stove. it's not about the method it's using to cook, it's about the cost of the item most generally
those electric are used?

One Last Username

Distinguished
Used:

$250

vs

$450

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Let's keep in mind that electricity takes more time to produce heat than natural gas. I should know lol I had an electric stove and oven down south and as soon as I came back up north it was back to gas stoves. It would take 30 mins to an hour more to cook something in a electric oven on Thanksgiving than it would to be to throw the bird in a gas oven. Though I could be wrong scientifically, but the electric stoves that were place in the apartments I lived in took a hot min to bring water to boil (c wut I did thar?)

I'd also like to mention that I now live above the largest gas line in the USA and I don't pay for natural gas like elsewhere lol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
bizarrely the only time i have had an electric stove was in a house in an extremely rural area that didn't even have heat

it worked fine though so i guess if i ever have to buy another stove for some reason and it's electric, not a big deal for me

Reactions: Ral

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
Used:

$250

vs

$450

The electric ranges here and the new electric ovens use different mechanisms, though. The new ones use Induction vs heating through resistance coils.

Resistance heating sucks complete donkey dick. The oven you linked is the type a slumlord puts in their apartment complex to meet the bare minimum appliance requirement. They're worthless, less useful than a microwave.

Induction is a lot better, though it isn't as versatile as a gas range. With induction you can actually boil water faster but you can't move around pots/pans for cooking and this presents some limit. And it's twice as expensive.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
But gas ovens being cheaper isn't really the point - gas *infrastructure* is more expensive to maintain than not doing so, so developers will happily take not having to do so when they build an apartment complex or something, and certain cities with bad infrastructure can justify rolling back, and gleefully say it's for the environment when gas stoves are probably like...in the double or triple digits on the list of shit bad for the environment

Back