Does anyone else hate concerts/gigs?

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I don't enjoy them. Too crowded I guess, so many people is gross to me. I would never ever go to a muddy festival. Yuck.

Edit: I'd go to some civilised Boomer shit where I was sat on seats and people didn't throw drinks or piss.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
yeah, i don't think i outright hate them but i'm not big on them and i have to be in the mood and i have to really be into whoever will be performing. they can be pretty gross.

i do enjoy going out to clubs and bars and getting blasted from time to time, which can also be kinda gross environments with a lot of people, but i don't think they are even close to being at the same magnitude as some concerts. huge crowds of people losing their minds, lots of pushing and shoving, not really about that. i'm ok with controlled chaos. some concerts i've been to were pretty chill for the most part, and i've enjoyed those. others were a bit much.

i've been to a couple classical music concerts and they're very nice.

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
huge concerts are meh

festivals i gotta be in the mood

smaller venue concerts are 👌 tho

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Smaller venue ones are the only ones I've been ok at.

Damian Marley and Nas performed at a small venue in Manchester (actually at the university) and I enjoyed that enough.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
You ever get that feeling where you sorta like something, but then you meet someone who's really into it and you start to wonder whether you actually liked it in the first place? Concerts give me that feeling about music. People get so excited about them that I just wonder what I'm doing. I just feel ill at concerts. I just wish I was at home listening to a recording.

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
You ever get that feeling where you sorta like something, but then you meet someone who's really into it and you start to wonder whether you actually liked it in the first place? Concerts give me that feeling about music. People get so excited about them that I just wonder what I'm doing. I just feel ill at concerts. I just wish I was at home listening to a recording.
they're fun to go to with company

prolly wouldn't do much for me on my own

but yeah as kind of an introvert myself any loud crowded scene is usually mentally taxing (tho i also do genuinely enjoy them)

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I 100% get this.

I am actually an extrovert but I prefer conversation or group interaction not messy stuff.

Back