Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
It will acknowledge them

it’s post-Granola
A man can hope that they won't, I guess. Even if they probably will. Either way, movie seems like a total waste of time for me, so I won't try to go watch it. What about any of you lads?

Wait the Dragon ball boys and vs debaters under the same roof...GETTING ALONG?!

@Ral @Trinity I want you to feast your eyes on the miracle you have wrought using the Kraut's idiocy as a fuel source. In the 20 years I've been a part of this hobby OBD type board regulars and Dragon Ball board type fans usually rarely co-exist in the same section for more than two hours before there is massive scale brawl.

Yet we have achieved five solid days of harmony.

Truly, we live in a golden agegglife.png

Last edited:

Maddie

Acclaimed
I just see this as more of a delay to DBS' progression.

DBS promised more universes to explore. We are still stuck with U7 shit. I want them to travel across universes for once. Dragon Ball has, aside for the Cell arc arguably, constantly raised the stakes in one way or another, but since the end of ToP, it's reached a screeching halt. I hope the anime, if it comes back, raises stakes again.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

DBS promised more universes to explore. We are still stuck with U7 shit. I want them to travel across universes for once. Dragon Ball has, aside for the Cell arc arguably, constantly raised the stakes in one way or another, but since the end of ToP, it's reached a screeching halt. I hope the anime, if it comes back, raises stakes again.
The anime would have to give quite the boost to what Moro and Granolah are capable of for that to be the case, along with expanding on the cosmology to fit in higher mathematical dimensions for more impressive shit, which I don't really see them doing.

Maddie

Acclaimed
The anime would have to give quite the boost to what Moro and Granolah are capable of for that to be the case, along with expanding on the cosmology to fit in higher mathematical dimensions for more impressive shit, which I don't really see them doing.
I don't need higher dimensional shit. I just want the other universes to be explored and hax to be more exotic to any degree. And not just one trick pony shit like deviltime beam. I mean consistent grounded abilities that are potent and practical.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I don't need higher dimensional shit. I just want the other universes to be explored and hax to be more exotic to any degree. And not just one trick pony shit like deviltime beam. I mean consistent grounded abilities that are potent and practical.
Closest we got to that was Hit, and look where that went. Doubt Toriyama even remembers him. :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I don’t really care for feats

that being said since the Red Ribbon Army is returning for this movie there’s a very slight chance Cell could be resurrected

who knows

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
also

we all agree though that the dbs manga is still terrible and it is a stepping stone for the anime canon crew :mjlol
As bad as the anime could be, the manga did one spectacular thing. It managed to make the anime look good by comparison. :mjlol

Maddie

Acclaimed
As bad as the anime could be, the manga did one spectacular thing. It managed to make the anime look good by comparison. :mjlol
Anime could get very good, but get very bad, but tended to feel soulless or be going by the motions. Like it just went on autopilot and was mediocre to terrible but then snapped back to reality and did some amazing shit... just to go back into autopilot.

I think Toyo is legit trying to come up with something, he's just such a basic writer he can't come up with anything groundbreaking or massive. He's just a hack.

GT managed to stay consistently mediocre to decent with moments of great passion and ambition. I would argue GT did better than Super in that regard. So much less bloat.

Sigismund

I would argue GT did better than Super in that regard. So much less bloat.
Helps that GT had the OG DBZ crew and got canceled halfway through so they didn't need to make bloat like DBS didn't since Toei knew it was a failure

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Anime could get very good, but get very bad, but tended to feel soulless or be going by the motions. Like it just went on autopilot and was mediocre to terrible but then snapped back to reality and did some amazing shit... just to go back into autopilot.

I think Toyo is legit trying to come up with something, he's just such a basic writer he can't come up with anything groundbreaking or massive. He's just a hack.

GT managed to stay consistently mediocre to decent with moments of great passion and ambition. I would argue GT did better than Super in that regard. So much less bloat.
You see that's the thing. The anime had some good shit to it, while the manga has practically none. Whatever the anime did good, the manga somehow made shit. As for Toyo himself, Granolah straight up comes across as a badly written OC from fanfiction, and Moro was just the latest Cell to come along, minus the cellular regeneration, written in a piss poor arc by old man Toriyama who clearly didn't give a fuck, and Toyo who is, as you said, a hack. Super's biggest problem, in both the anime and the manga, was the lack of planning that went into it. The difference was, some of the anime writers were able to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, whilst Toyo, at his best, kept it at chicken shit. Super had better highs than GT in my opinion, but its bogged down by plenty more lows due to the aforementioned above.

Maddie

Acclaimed
You see that's the thing. The anime had some good shit to it, while the manga has practically none. Whatever the anime did good, the manga somehow made shit. As for Toyo himself, Granolah straight up comes across as a badly written OC from fanfiction, and Moro was just the latest Cell to come along, minus the cellular regeneration, written in a piss poor arc by old man Toriyama who clearly didn't give a fuck, and Toyo who is, as you said, a hack. Super's biggest problem, in both the anime and the manga, was the lack of planning that went into it. The difference was, some of the anime writers were able to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, whilst Toyo, at his best, kept it at chicken shit. Super had better highs than GT in my opinion, but its bogged down by plenty more lows due to the aforementioned above.
I personally liked the handling of the Zamasu arc better for Toyotaro, also did better with using less forms and making use of SSJG earlier. Otherwise yeah.

I really don't want Broly to be the last good piece of canon Dragon Ball media. That would really dishearten me.

I feel Super has cooler highs, like legit more entertaining and well done, but GT felt more relevant and poignant, like there was a reason stuff was happening. It felt like people who were optimizing the world of dragon ball and completing its lore full circle. DBS just adds stuff onto a jenga tower.

I found the Manga's attempts to play with has in the Moro arc was cool

but they immediately shat the bed by making him act and look like another Cell-Freeza copy pasta.

I wanted Moro to live up to his promise of being a dark, Goat Wizard that was more difficult to take down due to Has than pure Raw strength. But we can't have nice things, it seems.

Back