• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Might as well post this here as bookmark in case there are dweebs who ever try to debate ki control doesn’t exist in DB

In the manga when Vegeta fires Final Flash at Cell, Trunks says this

父さんはちゃんと計算して範囲を小さくしぼっただ

That is the proper translation, and even if you put into one of those online translators it comes out to this

753178-E5-1-AB9-429-F-A81-F-5925508456-EA.jpg

範囲 = scope, range, area

So there you have it. No BS about his attack being redirected or whatever, just Vegeta condensing it down to a smaller area. There is a similar line about ki being condensed into a smaller point with the KHH against Raditz too
So Vegeta's building lvl smdh :skully .

For real though that's somewhat interesting. Though to be fair if Vegeta did just redirect it like Goku can with his kamehameha then it would still show that ki control is a thing :mjlol.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So Vegeta's building lvl smdh :skully .

For real though that's somewhat interesting. Though to be fair if Vegeta did just redirect it like Goku can with his kamehameha then it would still show that ki control is a thing :mjlol.
You know how some people are :mjlol

“moving it doesn’t mean he can condense it”
“Ki control is a dumb myth by DBZtards”
“Nothing in the original manga supports this!”

then this gets posted and they act like

u3btk.jpg

Maddie

Acclaimed
What I hate is how base and boring this all is, bad writing aside. This is Dragon Ball fucking Super. FFS three main arcs of the anime had extrauniversal tournaments, time travel, exploration of pantheons, etc.

This?

This is the kinda shit that'd be Z era shit. It's so basal and lowly, where is the grand exploration of the multiverse?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
From Godmovement
"This arc is one huge nonsensical clusterfuck. Some good ideas here and there with poor execution and honestly the Bardock stuff has been pretty meh. It's retcon heaven."

What I hate is how base and boring this all is, bad writing aside. This is Dragon Ball fucking Super. FFS three main arcs of the anime had extrauniversal tournaments, time travel, exploration of pantheons, etc.

This?

This is the kinda shit that'd be Z era shit. It's so basal and lowly, where is the grand exploration of the multiverse?
From Godmovement
"This arc is one huge nonsensical clusterfuck. Some good ideas here and there with poor execution and honestly the Bardock stuff has been pretty meh. It's retcon heaven."

It's fucking pathetic when Super Dragonball Heroes is constantly using the Multiverse far better for it's own storylines than Akira Toriyama even bothers with.
It's even worse as you know the Anime Team keeps chomping at the bit to even do the same thing(even like say actually exploring Planet Sadala or making Gohan a badass for real) and we can't even get that because they keep giving Toriyama so much fucking power when it's obvious the dude doesn't even give an ounce of a shit anymore.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Promotional material sucks

apparently there was one that went “Gas’s power is so great that he can move trains” :tiredpepe
I'd wonder if they were even trying at this point, but it became clear to me a long time ago that they don't. Wouldn't be surprised if Heroes refusal to have anything from the Moro or Granolah 'sagas' be brought in is because the guys in charge of the anime, which will include Super, don't like any of the shit in the manga whatsoever.
:mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'd wonder if they were even trying at this point, but it became clear to me a long time ago that they don't. Wouldn't be surprised if Heroes refusal to have anything from the Moro or Granolah 'sagas' be brought in is because the guys in charge of the anime, which will include Super, don't like any of the shit in the manga whatsoever.
:mjlol
They don’t like the manga :mjlol

they want the anime to adapt them and make them better before adding them

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
They don’t like the manga :mjlol

they want the anime to adapt them and make them better before adding them
I gotta feeling there's gonna be a LOT of changes in the anime version to make either of these arcs even remotely salvageable. :mjlol

I gotta feeling there's gonna be a LOT of changes in the anime version to make either of these arcs even remotely salvageable. :mjlol

I can absolutely see that being the case.
Look at the travesties that was the Zamasu and ToP Arc in the Manga and realize that's supposed to be TORIYAMA's view and see how massive the differences are(Zamasu actually having a character that isn't just "Evil Monster", Goku Black being one of the biggest badasses of villains we have had, the ToP actually have some bite and most of the other characters of the universes matter to the point there are plenty of fan favorites.)

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
They actually don't have that in the Manga remember? Saiyan Beyond God is Anime and Movie only, the Manga somehow has them at Buu Saga levels of power in Base some fucking how.
I wasn't talking about that concept. I'm just talking about their general marketing statement of X character has reached the state of the gods :skully . A clear way to vaguely get out of mentioning the gods of destruction despite the fact that Kishi never uses them meaningfully :mjlol.

Maddie

Acclaimed
The manga is trash but I feel you guys are giving too much credit to the anime. People fanboy over the manga for a reason. They think just because it's different than the DBS anime, it's good (Which is retarded), because the anime is a bloated mess of abandoned ideas and bullshit fluff and inconsistent scaling. Only difference is when it needs to it can buckle down and make some amazing entertainment, but that's just it have 8-9/10 stuff in a sea of 4/10 shit. At least GT is just a continuous 6/10.

Back