• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Broly film didn't had to deal shit marketing and the film getting hack :jaeden
and it got released during the holidays

Broly movie would have made bank regardless

Broly is huge in Japan. Him, Vegeta and Bardock are the top 3 there. The truth is that Super Hero just isnā€™t on Brolyā€™s level, but it still did good regardless

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Broly movie would have made bank regardless

Broly is huge in Japan. Him, Vegeta and Bardock are the top 3 there. The truth is that Super Hero just isnā€™t on Brolyā€™s level, but it still did good regardless
need to post proof on that jim
no one here expected it to Do Broly level numbers idk where u get this nonsense :jaeden

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
no one here expected it to Do Broly level numbers idk where u get this nonsense :jaeden
You were giving excuses as to why Broly made more
jaeden1.png

it doesnā€™t need explanation, Broly is just maximum
jaeden1.png

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
You were giving excuses as to why Broly made more
jaeden1.png
re read mate :jaeden
Broly was being hyped up the ass and promoted nearly every day/month
meanwhile this film marketing was dogshit,malware attack which delayed it release etc
Most people expected Super Hero to be dogshit

from TNM, to us in the OBD
this too
would it made Broly level bank if they hyped it better?
possibly albeit likely no
but the shit it didn't help matters

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also, MShadows is from Japan (iirc) and he seems to think Broly is more popular than Goku over there

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Those yearly Jap polls where those 3 always rank at the top

And, you, know, Bardock boosting the Super manga to the Top 10 in Aprilā€¦.just because heā€™s on the cover
imma need proof my buddy i know they popular but ya gotta remind a nigga

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
imma need proof my buddy i know they popular but ya gotta remind a nigga
I gotchu

It seems this poll updates every now and then so Broly isnā€™t in the Top 3 anymore

but Bardock and Vegeta are still in the Top 2

Gohan and Piccolo made it to the Top 5 (although they usually hover in that range even when Broly was still top 3)

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I gotchu

It seems this poll updates every now and then so Broly isnā€™t in the Top 3 anymore

but Bardock and Vegeta are still in the Top 2

Gohan and Piccolo made it to the Top 5 (although they usually hover in that range even when Broly was still top 3)
how reliable is it and is it even a good poll to rely on

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
how reliable is it and is it even a good poll to rely on
It gives us a good idea on how the Japanese view these characters and it basically explains why Bardock constantly reappears in this series

Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty reliable

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
At least Broly should be on the Top 3 pretty consistently. Dude was one of the biggest examples of living memes over there even before DBS Broly, among other things. There was a reason why Broly had three whole movies to himself.

Back