Dragon Quest vs. Final Fantasy

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Which is the strongest verse? All characters from every game are at their strongest?

Maddie

Acclaimed
Dragon Quest (sadly) hasn't done anything to really prove itself beyond lower end multiversal, so sadly FF wrecks for now. Hopefully that will change in upcoming games and they prove some form of infinite multiverse. For now, that's not the case.

At the very least Dragon Quest is stronger than FFVII and FFXV overall and I take solace knowing that.

Maddie

Acclaimed
So if we ignore Dissidia, Dragon Quest is actually typically more powerful (If not less hax'd and WAY slower) than Final Fantasy. Builders I+II actually retcon DQI-II to scale with III and B2 an outright universal feat. XI is very blatantly multiversal too. Overall the weakest is VII at continental levels, then IX at multi-solar system level at least but likely way higher, while the others are either universal-multiversal by scaling or outright. It's just FF's highs far surpass that. Specifically FFV. But like Mortamor would likely beat Kefka, Corvus probably can beat Kuja, etc. It's just FFV is so beyond the scope of DQ.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
V XI and XIV all get void scaling

XI is a different manifestation however which is where the speculation of it being a separate multiverse comes from

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I and VI benefit from Omega's story in XIV. Namely because Neo-Exdeath functions as a measuring stick for Kefka and Chaos.

Obviously, the MMOs are the strongest standalones. Apparently FFI sits at the top below them. FFVI then FFV then follow.

Or you just throw your hands up in the air and yell because Dissidia Opera Omnia exists

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And here I though I understood FF powerscaling :jaeden Gonna need a rundown on which entries are ranked what and where if I want that to change lol

Back