Duel: Yu-Gi-Oh Protagonist Battle Royal

Proto234

Distinguished
Well of course the extra monster zone is there, they're using modern rules.

He can't spam it anyway, it's once per turn so it's not going to affect him that much.

Unless you're referring to him not having the pendulum zones/extra spell and trap zones which again, is really not going to affect him that much.

Rule 5, they're using rule 5 okay, it basically doesn't affect anybody in any major way so it's the fairest for everyone involved.
Frankly, MR5 still majorly affects Yuya and Rush duel chars.

Yuya playstyle relies on mass pendulum summoning. And since pendulum summoning from ED will go to Extra deck zone, it will affects his strat no matter what. He can still work on it since he does have other dimensional dragon and their evolutions, but he won't be at 100% capacity.
The lost of action card also hurts him somewhat (later Arc V duels have all the duelists somehow overly relies on them)

Rush Duel chars are affected the worst since Rush duel deck doesn't have searchers nor negation. And rush duel decks main strat is usually mass summoning since their 4* below have low atk, only like 1600 atk and below (with most of their main cards effect benefits greatly if more monsters are in GY).
Limiting them to once per turn summoning will just cripple them.

With that in mind, I think Yusaku has the best shot since his deck seems to be balanced compared to others (discounting magic interference like Zexal Yuma of course)

Honestly, unless we are using Rush Duel format, Rush Duel chars should be excluded.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Frankly, MR5 still majorly affects Yuya and Rush duel chars.

Yuya playstyle relies on mass pendulum summoning. And since pendulum summoning from ED will go to Extra deck zone, it will affects his strat no matter what. He can still work on it since he does have other dimensional dragon and their evolutions, but he won't be at 100% capacity.
The lost of action card also hurts him somewhat (later Arc V duels have all the duelists somehow overly relies on them)

Rush Duel chars are affected the worst since Rush duel deck doesn't have searchers nor negation. And rush duel decks main strat is usually mass summoning since their 4* below have low atk, only like 1600 atk and below (with most of their main cards effect benefits greatly if more monsters are in GY).
Limiting them to once per turn summoning will just cripple them.

With that in mind, I think Yusaku has the best shot since his deck seems to be balanced compared to others (discounting magic interference like Zexal Yuma of course)

Honestly, unless we are using Rush Duel format, Rush Duel chars should be excluded.
Yeah, trap cards and the like and underused in Arc-V due to action cards and the duels being predicated on them. Early on I was cool with it since they worked for it more but the generic cross over field just isn't worth what amounts to "cheating" in a regular game by giving them extra save cards. I mean I guess Speed Spells are like this too but not to the same degree.

Rush mechanics are just retarded and antithetical to interesting duels and there's just no great way to accommodate them properly.

I agree that objectively speaking Playmaker likely wins with no protagonist powers at play, even if his is my least favorite of the original style YGO series.

Proto234

Distinguished
Rush mechanics are just retarded and antithetical to interesting duels and there's just no great way to accommodate them properly.
Hey, I like Rush mechanics.
No negation or hand trap makes it refreshing compared to your usual OCG/TCG

You can do your combo without fear of being Ash'd in Rush Duel

Last edited:

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Hey, I like Rush mechanics.
No negation or hand trap makes it refreshing compared to your usual OCG/TCG

You can do your combo without fear of being Ash'd in Rush Duel
I mean I guess I can appreciate that freedom, but that's because those cards aren't made, not because they aren't in the rules. Imagine playing anything like normal YGO and being able to normal summon as much as you want and draw 5 new cards every turn. It's ridiculous.

Sevens didn't even feel like a YGO series anymore and it became a straight up kodomo series, and as bad as that was, it still had okay characters, while Go Rush fails in every regard while doing the weirdest alternate universe shit I've seen.

They need to go back to the drawing board, especially after Takahashi's death.

Proto234

Distinguished
I mean I guess I can appreciate that freedom, but that's because those cards aren't made, not because they aren't in the rules. Imagine playing anything like normal YGO and being able to normal summon as much as you want and draw 5 new cards every turn. It's ridiculous.

Sevens didn't even feel like a YGO series anymore and it became a straight up kodomo series, and as bad as that was, it still had okay characters, while Go Rush fails in every regard while doing the weirdest alternate universe shit I've seen.
Considering Rush Duel is aimed for kids (as OCG entry format), i am sure there won't be any hand trap or complicated thing like negation in Rush Duel.

It also makes sense for Sevens to be Children series considering what Rush Duel aimed for. Not to mention YGO is originally aimed for children anyways.

Yudias is fine though for me. Like his goofiness (and the fact he is first alien main protag)

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Considering Rush Duel is aimed for kids (as OCG entry format), i am sure there won't be any hand trap or complicated thing like negation in Rush Duel.

It also makes sense for Sevens to be Children series considering what Rush Duel aimed for. Not to mention YGO is originally aimed for children anyways.

Yudias is fine though for me. Like his goofiness (and the fact he is first alien main protag)
I think if they make anything TOO strong it'll just break the format even more than the rules already set.

Go Rush is shit because of many factors, ironically it visually appealed to me more based on the character designs prior to it releasing, but from the get go it was worse than Sevens.

Back