Duel: Yu-Gi-Oh Protagonist Battle Royal

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Because why not? The protagonists of every Yu-Gi-Oh series face each other to determine who truly is the King of Games.

Rules
  • Life Points are set to 8000 for all players
  • Duelists are using the EoS/Strongest possible version of their standard anime decks (evil versions not included)
  • NOBODY may declare an attack on their first turn.
  • Everyone is in-character.
Who wins the duel AND in what order do you think the protagonists will be eliminated? :maybe

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
It's hard to say. I guess Playmaker, Yuya or Yuma wins this. Of the original universe, Yusei is the best duelist based on the fact that he defeated duelists that used cards on the level of the Three Egyptian Gods and Z-One, who has the Timelords and other cards related to the gods.

King of time

Exceptional
Then Yudias solo by using his laser beam lol.

Though how does their deck work then? They are playing in different format
Speed dual, Yudias was erased by Yuma and questioned his existence, only uses anime feats not manga and prohibits deck updates

Last edited:

Proto234

Distinguished
Speed dual, Yudias was erased by Yuma and questioned his existence, only uses anime feats not manga and prohibits deck updates
No, not the same.
Speed duel doesn't allow you to normal summon more than once which rush duel allows.
Speed duel doesn't have maximum summon mechanic nor does rush duel has skill card.
Rush duel starts at 8k LP while Speed duel is half of it

Like I said, the format is massively different

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Though how does their deck work then? They are playing in different format
They are playing in traditional rules as that's what most of the decks here are built around and I can't exactly allow Rush Duel rules on account of just Yuga, it'd be equivalent to allowing Riding Duel rules for Yusei's benefit because that's his preferred format when only two of the protagonists (him and Yuya) have Riding Duel versions of their decks.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
wait wait

Have any of them ever used the synchro archfiends?
Do you mean Red Demons Dragon (Red Dragon Archfiend) stuff?
That would be Jack Atlas who was the rival character for 5Ds, none of the protagonists have those.

Proto234

Distinguished
They are playing in traditional rules as that's what most of the decks here are built around and I can't exactly allow Rush Duel rules on account of just Yuga, it'd be equivalent to allowing Riding Duel rules for Yusei's benefit because that's his preferred format when only two of the protagonists (him and Yuya) have Riding Duel versions of their decks.
Then both Yuga and Yudias are sitting duck since both of their decks are pretty much unplayable in traditional format.
Hell, traditional format doesn't Galaxy type (not to be confused with Galaxy eyes)which Yudias play.

This also brings to second question, do they use Master rule 3 or Master rule 5 (the latter will cripple Yuya, though the former will make Yusaku sitting duck )

Cubey

The Formality
Do you mean Red Demons Dragon (Red Dragon Archfiend) stuff?
That would be Jack Atlas who was the rival character for 5Ds, none of the protagonists have those.

I meant like chaos king archfiend and thought ruler archfiend. Or if any have used archfiend emperor but that’s an effect monster.

Proto234

Distinguished
I meant like chaos king archfiend and thought ruler archfiend. Or if any have used archfiend emperor but that’s an effect monster.
The former is Jack's card while the later is Divine's card. Not used by the protags

Archfiend is used by Titan, a minor villain in GX and again not used by protags

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Then both Yuga and Yudias are sitting duck since both of their decks are pretty much unplayable in traditional format.
Hell, traditional format doesn't Galaxy type (not to be confused with Galaxy eyes)which Yudias play.
The actual cards themselves will still work fine, they're just not playing with Rush rules.
This also brings to second question, do they use Master rule 3 or Master rule 5 (the latter will cripple Yuya, though the former will make Yusaku sitting duck )
Why would being able to summon his monsters to any slot "cripple Yuya" and I don't see how rule 3 affects Yusaku?

Proto234

Distinguished
Why would being able to summon his monsters to any slot "cripple Yuya" and I don't see how rule 3 affects Yusaku?
Master rule 3 doesn't have any Extra Monster Zone, which Link needs.
As for Yuya, well he can't spam pendulum summoning if we use Master rule 5 so it does affects his gameplay.

Worse if we use Master Rule 4 lol. It will affect anyone not named Yugi or Yusaku

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Master rule 3 doesn't have any Extra Monster Zone, which Link needs.
Well of course the extra monster zone is there, they're using modern rules.
As for Yuya, well he can't spam pendulum summoning if we use Master rule 5 so it does affects his gameplay.
He can't spam it anyway, it's once per turn so it's not going to affect him that much.

Unless you're referring to him not having the pendulum zones/extra spell and trap zones which again, is really not going to affect him that much.
Worse if we use Master Rule 4 lol. It will affect anyone not named Yugi or Yusaku
Rule 5, they're using rule 5 okay, it basically doesn't affect anybody in any major way so it's the fairest for everyone involved.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Yuya still gets affected by MR5, but it's probably the fairest besides just slapping Link monsters onto MR4.

Back