Earthbound/Mother feats, respect & lore thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mother (or Earthbound as it's called in the West) is a trilogy of science fiction RPGs made for Nintendo by Shigesato Ito. Each one tells it's own story, though all of them are overall connected. Each game features a young boy with psychic powers embark on a journey to save the world and the ones he loves. As well as the games, there are also some spinoff manga, and the characters have appeared in Super Smash Bros.
yvdhu3F.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In order to defeat Giygas, Ness must unite his power with that of the Earth, and by drawing out the power of the Melodies in the special places his own strength will grow.
U-ugh… It turns out I’m much, much weaker… than I thought.

But don’t concern yourself with me… You must set out on your adventure…

Oh, right! Before you go, listen to my dying words!

To defeat Gyiyg… you will need to unite the earth’s power with your own.

There are eight locations on earth – “spots that are only yours” – that will draw out your power and strengthen you.

One of those locations is in Onett. A place called “Giant Step”!

Go there first, Ness!

Do you understand?

Excellent. You’re a bright young lad.

So… Oh, the pain… I think I’m about to die… U-ugh…

B-but, before I do, I must give you this.

It’s the “Sound Stone”!

It’s a great item that will absorb the sound from each of the eight “spots that are only yours” on the earth.

Bet you’re happy to get it, huh?

Now, then… I’m about to die now, but do you want to hear all that over again?
Agh! *Gasp* I was… …much weaker than I thought…

So you must now begin your adventure…see… you…

Oh, I just remembered… Listen to my final words…

To defeat Giygas, your own power must unite with the Earth’s…

the Earth will then channel your power and multiply it…

There are eight points that you must visit. Make these places your own…

Each of these locations is “Your Sanctuary.”

One of them is near Onett. It is called “Giant Step.”

Go there first…

Do you understand?

All right. You are a very intelligent young man… and…

Oh! The pain!… Everything is getting dark…urgh!… *Gasp*…

Before I pass on, I want to give you something…

It is the Sound Stone.

You can record the melodies from the eight “Your Sanctuary” locations into this stone. It is an awesome item…By the way…

I’m almost gone, but did you want to hear the story one more time?
Ness creates the realm of Magicant in his mind.
(Japanese version)
Ness, you have stood at all eight power spots of the earth. That was the requirement/condition for creating this realm in your mind known as Magicant.
(English version)
Ness, you’ve stood on the eight power spots of the earth. From these, you created Magicant, the realm of your mind.
Within Magicant is the Sea of Eden, a realm filled with ultimate intelligence, where you can touch the Truth of the Universe.
"Ness, you've stood on the eight power spots of the earth. From these, you created Magicant, the realm of your mind. In Magicant, there's beauty, kindness, sorrow, and hatred. Of course, there's an evil and violent side of you. The Sea of Eden sits at the center of those feelings. It takes you to the truth about yourself."
(Japanese version)
“It’s a place where you can touch the truth of the universe for just an instant.”
(English version)
It’s a place where you can touch the truth of the universe.
In order to defeat Giygas, Ness must merge/overlap with the entire Universe, and this is part of a universal system.
At last, you speak to me.

Listen well, Ness. I am about to tell you something so important that you should probably write this down.

Ready? You are a chosen one. Your destiny is not yours alone… It is part of a universal “system”.

The time will come when every part of you will become one (note: or overlap) with every part of the universe.

You need not understand right now.

Do you remember “Giant Step” back in Onett? That was one of “Your Places”

These are spots that give you power and draw out “every part” of you.

They are protected by monsters affected by that power.

However, you obviously must have defeated them.

Once you’ve stood at all eight of these power spots in the world…

Once the Sound Stone has recorded the melodies of all the power spots, you will see “Your World” for the very first time.

Allow me to list them all:

1. Giant Step, in Onett

2. Lilliput Steps, in the Grateful Dead Valley, near Twoson

3. Milky Well, in Saturn Valley, near Grapefruit Falls

4. Rainy Circle, discovered by Jeff in Winters

5. Magnet Hill, on the outskirts of Fourside

6. Pink Cloud, in Ranma. Poo knows where this is.

7. …and Lumine Hall, that cave of luminescent moss

8. Last is the Fire Spring power spot which shall open its doors southwest of here.

You must listen to the sounds of all eight power spots.

Defeating Gyiyg without doing so will be impossible.

Do you understand, Ness?

The moment when your destiny becomes one with the destiny of the universe… is close at hand.
You finally came, Ness. Finally, you talk to me.

Listen Ness. I’m going to tell you something very important. You may want to take notes.

Ready? You’re the chosen one. Your destiny is not only yours… It’s the destiny of the whole universe.

There will be a time in which all of you in the universe will overlap each other.

…It’s not necessary to understand now.

Do you remember “Giant Step” in Onett? That is one of “Your Sanctuary.”

It is a spot which gives you power and allows you to realize all your skills.

There was a monster that protected it. The monster was influenced by the power of the place.

You must have beaten those monsters.

You must reach all of the eight power spots in the world…

When the Sound Stone records the melodies of all eight power spots, you can finally see “Your World.”

I’ll tell you all of the power spots.

1. “Giant Step” in Onett.

2. “Lilliput Steps” in Peaceful Rest Valley near Twoson.

3. “Milky Well” in Grapefruit Falls in Saturn Valley.

4. “Rainy Circle” found by Jeff in Winters.

5. “Magnet Hill” at the edge of the city of Fourside.

6. “Pink Cloud” which Poo knows.

7. and… “Lumine Hole” where the shining lichen lives in the cave.

8. A new place is now going to be opened up to you. “Fire Spring,” located southwest of here.

Listen to the melodies of all eight power spots.

If you do not fail, you may upset Giygas’ plans…

Understand, Ness? The time will come.

The time when the destiny of you and the whole universe will overlap… It is fast approaching.
Nesss Magicant has planets and stars in it.
IcHfuDA.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Maria, or Queen Mary, is Ninten's grandmother. She was taken it Giegue's homeworld on the otherside of the Universe, and from there she was able to create and sustain her own mental realm of Magicant.
Prologue
In the early 1900's, a dark shadow covered a small country town in rural America.
At that time, a young married couple vanished mysteriously from their home.
The man's name was George, the woman's name was Maria.
Two years later, as suddenly as he left, George returned.
He never told anyone where he had been or what he had done.
But, he began an odd study, all by himself.
As for Maria, his wife... She never returned.
80 years have passed since then.
MY NAME IS EVE.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU.
MY CREATOR WAS GEORGE...
HE WAS TAKEN TO THE END OF THE UNIVERSE...
THEN BROUGHT BACK LATER.
I AM HERE TO PROTECT YOU.
THAT IS MY PURPOSE.
After telling the story to Ninten, with a rush of wind, Queen Mary vanished. As she disappeared, so did Magicant. Magicant was a mirage... A mirage born of Maria's consciousness. - Narrator
Her lullaby was the only thing capable of calming (and later, harming) Giegue (or Giygas).
Yes... that's right. That is the song. Oh ! Giegue ! I loved him... I loved him, as if he was my own child... He was always wagging his tail, just like a pup... EXCEPT for when I tried to SING him lullabies... Ahhh... George ! This is your wife, Maria. I 'm coming to join you, my purpose is complete...
Narrator: (Ninten hears the voice of Queen Mary)

Maria: Giegue cannot be defeated with force...You cannot defeat Giegue with a weapon of any kind. You must SING my lullaby, with all your feelings...SING my lullaby with all your heart.
The residents of Magicant are are of the nature of their world, and some in fact live in terror of Maria no longer sustaining it.
In a bad dream, Magicant vanished into thin air.
My heart is still pounding so hard.
Maria's lullaby is literally her love taken form.
MIKE, Welcome...
I always believed that you would find your way here.
Your Great-Grand Mother Maria's love Was scattered, scattered in the form of melodies.
I have a melody for you. Listen and remember...
MIKE remembered the tune.
The crystal fragments that had broken off stopped glowing and disappeared..
Although Magicant is a mental realm that exists inside Maria's mind, it's possible for Ninten and his friends to enter and interact with it (they even get one of the Eight Melodies from inside it, as well as other objects which remain after they leave).
DzozxlF.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Truth of the Universe is a mysterious force/entity which governs everything in the cosmos. It traverses the cosmos like a wave and a grain and speaks to people through their minds (it also refers to each person as being their own universe, which would be in reference to Magicant; this would make each Magicant a universe, and there is a Magicant in everyone's mind, though you need to be a powerful psychic to manifest yours).
(Japanese version)
The truth of the universe travels the cosmos like a grain and like a wave and speaks to the universes known as man.

Your coming here, my waiting here… It was all predestined truth.

Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo… When these four forces meet, the twisting cosmos will breathe calmly once more.
(English version)
The truth of space and time moves through the universe like a wave…

Truth speaks through space and matter and makes itself known to human beings.

I was waiting for you, and you came. This was destined to happen.

In truth, all is pre-determined…

Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo, when these four powers gather, twisted space will bring back peace to the world.
Within the Sea of Eden in Ness's Magicant, he can touch the Truth of the Universe but for an instant (I am not sure if "ultimate intelligence refers to it or to Ness's mind or both).
The Sea of Eden is filled with ultimate intelligence. It’s a place where you can touch the truth of the universe for just an instant. - Star Master
The Truth of the Universe is what selects Chosen Ones when the cosmos is in crisis. Keep in mind that Ness is referred to "a" Chosen One and not "the" Chosen One.
At last, you speak to me.

Listen well, Ness. I am about to tell you something so important that you should probably write this down.

Ready? You are a chosen one. Your destiny is not yours alone… It is part of a universal “system”.

The time will come when every part of you will become one (note: or overlap) with every part of the universe.

You need not understand right now.

Do you remember “Giant Step” back in Onett? That was one of “Your Places”

These are spots that give you power and draw out “every part” of you.

They are protected by monsters affected by that power.

However, you obviously must have defeated them.

Once you’ve stood at all eight of these power spots in the world…

Once the Sound Stone has recorded the melodies of all the power spots, you will see “Your World” for the very first time.

Allow me to list them all:

1. Giant Step, in Onett

2. Lilliput Steps, in the Grateful Dead Valley, near Twoson

3. Milky Well, in Saturn Valley, near Grapefruit Falls

4. Rainy Circle, discovered by Jeff in Winters

5. Magnet Hill, on the outskirts of Fourside

6. Pink Cloud, in Ranma. Poo knows where this is.

7. …and Lumine Hall, that cave of luminescent moss

8. Last is the Fire Spring power spot which shall open its doors southwest of here.

You must listen to the sounds of all eight power spots.

Defeating Gyiyg without doing so will be impossible.

Do you understand, Ness?

The moment when your destiny becomes one with the destiny of the universe… is close at hand.
This is brought up in Mother 3, where Lucas is a Chosen Boy, which allows him to pull the Needles whereas not even the Magypsies can.
It says only those with the power of PK Love can pull the seven Needles. Not even we Magypsies have that ability. In other words, you're able to pull the Needles because you're a chosen boy
Lucas. It seems you’re a chosen one, with the ability to pull the Needles sealing the Dragon away - Leder
Master Proky (or Pokey Minch) manipulates Klaus into becoming the Masked Man, so as to control someone who can pull the needles.
It’s said that whoever pulls the sealing Needles will become the Dragon’s master. However, only a very select few are capable of pulling the Dragon’s Needles. Apparently, neither the Magypsies nor Porky have that capability. Yet, the Needles are being pulled now. That means Porky is somehow controlling someone who can control the Dragon’s power! - Leder

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Giygas is the main villain of the first two games (for reference, I'll be calling him Giegue for Mother 1 and Giygas for Earthbound). In Mother 1 (where he's referred to as Giegue), he causes people to go crazy (and creates black clouds over the mountains).
The black clouds that hang over the mountains...They're making all the towns-people crazy.
Giegue's power also affects animals and the dead (it's implied to even be controlling all the inanimate objects you fight too, as at the end of Earthbound almost all the enemies are gone).
The animals went mad and out of control. The dead became zombies and began attacking people. What can be done? - Citizen 2
The animals went mad and began to escape, so the Zoo was locked. - Citizen 3
Someone must be controlling the dead.- Citizen 4
I think something is controlling the animals. - Citizen 5
During the last battle, he says that he'll put all humans to "sleep".
Ninten! I am grateful to your family. Your Great-Grandparents, George and Maria raised me. But, George stole vital information from our planet that can be used to betray my people... And now, one of his descendants is obstructing our plans, and must be stopped!! Ninten! I am talking about you! Go home now! Perish with the rest of the ugly Earth People. Foolish one, you cannot do a thing with your meager powers... Powers worthy of a lowly insect. Ninten! You alone, I may save you. Just you alone. Board our Mother Ship with me... then, fall into a long sleep with your friends and the other ugly earth people. - Giegue
The only thing capable of hurting Giygas is the song of Maria, as it embodies her love for him.
‚l‚n‚s‚g‚d‚q‰ž‰‡ƒy[ƒW
Narrator: (Ninten hears the voice of Queen Mary)

Maria: Giegue cannot be defeated with force...You cannot defeat Giegue with a weapon of any kind. You must SING my lullaby, with all your feelings...SING my lullaby with all your heart.
10 years from the events of Earthbound, Giygas has destroyed the Universe and sent everything into the eternal darkness of Hell.
A rhinocerous beetle… I am not!

I’ve come from ten years in the future! Gyiyg, the universal cosmic destroyer, has plunged everything in existence into the darkness of hell!

But… However…

A mysterious legend exists in the future I’m from!

It goes, “Should the boy reach the place, the just one will find the light. The flow of time will shatter the nightmare boulder, creating a path of light.”

My sharp hunch says that you, Ness, are that boy!

……

Gyiyg’s evil plan MUST already be underway in parts of the Earth!

There should still be time, if you begin your fight at once!!

What’s most important is wisdom, courage, and your friends.

According to the legend, three boys and one girl defeat Gyiyg.

I can fill you in on the details later.

Let’s go!

Don’t worry.
A bee I am not…

I’m from 10 years in the future. And, in the future, all is devastation… Giygas, the universal cosmic destroyer, sent all to the horror of eternal darkness…

……

However, you must listen!

Where I am from, there is a well-known legend that has been handed down from ancient times.

It says “When the chosen boy reaches the point, he will find the light. The passing of time will shatter the nightmare rock and will reveal the path of light.”

You see, it is my opinion that you are that boy, Ness. This I believe…

……

Giygas’ monstrous plan must have been set in motion somewhere on Earth…

If you start to confront the enemy immediately, you may have time to counter the evil intentions of Giygas.

Three things are of the utmost importance: wisdom, courage, and friendship.

…The legends from the ancient times tell of three boys and a girl who defeat Giygas.

…I will tell you more later.

Go now!

And do not be anxious about the future.

You have much work to do, Ness.
Much like his much weaker form, Giygas's evil presence is driving people, animals, plants, machines and even inanimate objects to violence by his mere presence (all enemies in Earthbound are either corrupted by Giygas or working for Giygas; after you beat Giygas at the end of the game, you can wander an enemy-less world, further evidence of this).
From now on, you'll be fighting enemies sent by Giygas, as well as humans who have evil thoughts. They'll definitely make trouble during your adventure ! Animals are also becoming violent due to Giygas' influence over the evil in their minds ! It is the truth, so listen! - Buzz-Buzz
Giygas is doing all of this from many years in the past.
Giygas is attacking from our exact location, but he is attacking from many years in the past.
Looking over the translation differences, the embodiment of evil thing may be up for question - in the English version, he's the embodiment of evil, but in the Japanese version, he's notthe embodiment of evil, but made of evil itself (or something). This doesn't affect his overall power though.
Ness! Are you surprised? It’s me, Porky.

You know! Me, Porky, ally of the strong!

Man, you look really pathetic now, you know that?

The “Apple of Wisdom” perfectly predicted that you guys would finally make it here.

But things won’t go the way the Apple of Wisdom says.

You’re going to be defeated, and Master Gyiyg will become even more powerful and even more terrifying.

Why, you ask? ‘Cause of me, of course! It was thanks to Master Gyiyg’s guidance that I, the great Porky, made it here.

The Apple of Wisdom never predicted this.

…Master Gyiyg – no, just plain ol’ Gyiyg – is the embodiment of evil… Or so it might seem, but that’s not the case.

Gyiyg has become “evil” itself… Evil energy which not even he can control.
Are you surprised? It’s me, Pokey.

I assist only the strong and able! That’s Pokey.

You guys look pathetic!

The Apple of Enlightenment has already made a prediction.

…But I won’t let what the Apple of Enlightenment predicted take place.

You guys will be beaten by Giygas. Giygas will be stronger, a more powerful entity than any other!

Why? ‘Cause of me. I was led by Giygas, and now I’m here.

The Apple of Enlightenment couldn’t predict this.

Master Giygas… No, Giygas is no longer the wielder of Evil.

He has become the embodiment of Evil itself… which he cannot control on his own. He is the Evil Power.
During the fight against Pokey, Pokey turns off the Devil Machine and Giygas is unleashed. Giygas's power is so titanic that it destroys "his" mind.
Giygas cannot think rationally anymore, and he isn't even aware of what he is doing now. His own mind was destroyed by his incredible power. What an all-mighty idiot! - Pokey Minch
Even far into the distant past, Giygas already possesses enough power to destroy the Universe.
And here you stand, 'waiting to be burned up with all the rest of the garbage of this universe...
The final battle against Giygas takes place in a bizzare dimension.
In this bizarre dimension, you four are the only force fighting for justice...
Giygas's lair is located in the depths of time (beyond space & time in the English version).
We constructed a pyramid fortress to battle an invader from the heavens.

However, we were defeated.

Nonetheless, our fortress was protected by the gods of Scarabi.

It is said that every 1000 years, the invader from the heavens will be reborn and attack again.

Hidden in the depths of time, the invader placed a “hive” of evil.

The depths of time are far beyond the Evil Lands. Beyond the Abyss.

The Evil Lands are completely dark.

Only the “Hawk Eye” can see.

The Sphinx watches over all, waiting for the coming of a truly brave warrior.”

4 3
2 5

Dance in front of the Sphinx.
“To fight against the invaders, we built this pyramid fortress.

However, our efforts were futile, and we lost.

Nonetheless, our pyramid was protected by the gods of Scaraba.

The invaders will be reborn every millennium and will attack again.

Even now, the invaders hide beyond space and time and build their evil stronghold.

A place out of time is beyond the Dark, and is even farther beyond the Lost Underworld.

The Deep Darkness is shrouded, it is without light.

Only one with the Hawk eye can pierce the dark.

The Sphinx now watches over everything, waiting for the coming of a truly brave hero.

4 3
2 5

Dance in front of the Sphinx!”
It requires Paula praying to people around the world and across time in order to defeat Giygas, including the player themselves (these Prayers are also the embodiment of Maria's love). Even then, it's possible for Paula's plea to fail and be consumed by the darkness.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Dark Dragon is a being of unfathomable power capable of remaking the world. The power of the Dark Dragon is limitless, and bigger than the Nowhere Isles (the islands even look like a dragon), placed to sleep by the Seven Needles, and awakened when the Seven Needles are pulled. Its power protects the Nowhere Isles from danger and the heart of the awakener will pass onto the Dragon and the world will be remade in their image - be it good or evil, the world will be remade in their image. When their Needle is pulled, the protecting Magypsy disappears.
First, know this. These are specially-protected islands.

We reside upon these islands together with a limitless power.

That power is the Dragon that sleeps in the darkness under the islands.

The Dragon is incredibly large. About as large as all these islands put together.

Because the Dragon is asleep, these islands are protected from disaster.

But its power is too great for humans to control.

It was for this reason that our ancient Magypsy ancestors placed seven "Needles" in the Dragon to make it sleep.

One Needle for each Magypsy.

For a very, very long time, we have continued to guard the Needles.

But it has been told that someone to wake the Dragon will appear when its power is needed...

However, if the one who needs the Dragon's power has a heart of evil, that power will obey all that is evil. It's very possible that everything could be completely destroyed simply to satisfy wicked ambition.

On the other hand, the exact opposite is what we hope for. If a person with a heart of good pulls the Dragon's Needles and uses its power, the fate of all evil will be washed away, and all life as we know it will shine brightly.

That is what is told.

Finally, listen to this, but don't worry.

When each of our seven Needles is pulled, we Magypsies will cease to be, our millenia-long lives over.

Isn't that just romantic of us?
- Ionia
The power seeping from the pulled Needle spots is described as incredible.
104-180.png

Said above protection protected the Nowhere Isles from the end of the world (note also that the world earth is in lower case, as in to imply matter in general and not just one planet; this'll be important later).
Leder
The reason these islands are special is because they harbor a giant dragon nearly as large as the islands themselves. Long, long ago, people lived together with the Dragon. However, at some point in time, the people and the Dragon could no longer coexist. So, using the seven Needles, the Dragon was placed into a long, long sleep by the ancestors of the Magypsy people, who have lived here since ancient times. Ever since, the Magypsies have guarded the Needles, in an effort to prevent the Dragon from being woken until its power is truly needed. Thus, until the time of its awakening, the Dragon continued to sleep, as the power of the earth itself. And so, because of the tremendous energy of the Dragon hidden deep below, these islands were protected from the end of the world. - Leder
Only a Chosen One can awaken the Dark Dragon. Not even the Magypsies or Porky can pull the Needles. Lucas and Claus are both Chosen Ones. Note also that Master Porky, who is now considerably powerful, is hunting for the power of the Dark Dragon.
It says only those with the power of PK Love can pull the seven Needles. Not even we Magypsies have that ability. In other words, you're able to pull the Needles because you're a chosen boy. - Ionia
Leder
However, only a very select few are capable of pulling the Dragon’s Needles. Apparently, neither the Magypsies nor Porky have that capability. Yet, the Needles are being pulled now. That means Porky is somehow controlling someone who can control the Dragon’s power!

…We have to put a stop to Porky’s antics. If we don’t, the world will be completely destroyed again, and it will spell the true end for everything. For Porky, that might be the ultimate pleasure, but we can’t allow it to happen. We, the last handful of people there are, absolutely can’t allow it to happen. Lucas. It seems you’re a chosen one, with the ability to pull the Needles sealing the Dragon away. You MUST pull the Dark Dragon’s Needle with your own hands, and pass your heart on to the Dragon. Let this be my one and only order to you as your “leader”.
- Leder
The Awakening of the Dark Dragon by someone with an evil heart will end all life and (for that matter) everything else, or at least it'll be bent horribly to malevolent will.
The beginning of the end. The end of everything. - Master Porky
...the time has come for you to save the future of all life as we know it. - Leder
We have to put a stop to Porky’s antics. If we don’t, the world will be completely destroyed again, and it will spell the true end for everything. - Leder
A great, undefiable power has prepared a festival for the end of all life... - Shimmy Zmizz

To back up that this is infact referring to everything, the Dark Dragons awakening would restart all of life and all of time.
0yd5TZO.png

BSx7YRL.png

Though there is the option of the world being remade for good and a world being remade for bad depending on the heart of the one who pulls the final needle, if someone with no heart pulled the final needle then everything would cease to exist, including the Dark Dragon itself. Itoi says that this would include the real world and him too.
- In the end, the dragon is revived and the island is completely destroyed, but everyone is still alive, aren't they?
Itoi: That's right. So to bring out the strength in these human beings, no matter what, Hinawa and Claus had to make sure to tell everyone their goodbyes.
- Oh, is that right?
Itoi: That was the theme of the last battle.
- In the end, Lucas was able to pull out the last needle. But if it had turned out so Claus had pulled the needle, then...?
Itoi: Indeed, what would have happened if Claus had pulled it out? I'm sure the same thing would have happened, except that in the end, everything--even the breath of life itself--would go extinct. Even the dragon, too.
- Even the dragon?
Itoi: Yeah, even the dragon. If that were the conclusion, then even the creator himself would no longer be alive, so there was no way that I could write that... Not if it were to be the end of me as well. There's no way I could have an ending like that. It's nothing more than simple philosophy. (laughs)
Even ignoring the metahax implications, this would mean that at least two universes where in peril. The remaining characters at the end even ask how the player is going in their world.
4R9l0Bm.png

Leder mentions that Master Porky was shut out from all other times and spaces, which is how he ended up at the Nowhere Isles.
However, he was apparently shut out from all other times and spaces and tumbled into this era and these islands.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Atomic Powered Robot is a robot which revitalizes its own energy and the energy of other robots with the power of the atom. It appears in all three games. When defeated, it unleashes a huge nuclear explosion.
A robot that replenishes other robots' energy by utilizing the power of the atom. — Battle Memory (Mother 3)
The Nuclear Reactor Robot is even more powerful than the Atomic Power Robot, and can unleash an even more powerful explosion upon its defeat.
Replenishes even more energy than the Atomic Power Robot, but its explosion is all the more powerful, too." — Battle Memory (Mother 3)
The monsters on Mt. Itoi are strong enough to rip a pickup truck clean in two.
Teddy, moaning from a bad dream, wakes up. Twilight is already nigh. Sitting upright in bed, he lights a cigarette. He does not open the curtains, for he does not want to see Holy Loly Mountain. Several days before, Teddy's parents, in order to test the condition of a pickup truck that had finished repairs, headed for the Holy Loly region like they always did. Teddy knew that the drive was also doubling as a date - the couple's youth could be thought of as somewhat happy. Until seeing the pickup truck torn clean in two the next day on the TV news...... The voice of the announcer, telling of the police's viewpoint that it was an accident due to speeding, didn't enter Teddy's ears. His eyes at the time suggested he was seeing some kind of nameless monster. The sadness of losing his parents, coupled with his incomparable feeling of powerlessness, today carries his feet to Valentine's Live House. Teddy smashes a bottle of beer he had drank dry. Teddy tries to distract himself with irrational fighting. Even the Live House owner, who had known him since he was 12, can't find the words to console him with. Meanwhile, on the streets, the crowd of the Bla-Bla Gang, having lost its leadership power, are reduced to unchained mad dogs. - Encyclopedia Mother

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The hospital in Maria's Magicant can cure the cold you have even if it came from the real world.
-Hospital
There are also dreams called nightmares. Should you dream (?) of fighting monsters outside of town and sustain injuries to your body and heart, head for this hospital. Charging nothing for treatment, a dream (?) medical system has been established. Even that cold you brought from outside your dream can probably be cured here.
The shadiest figure in Maria's Magicant comes from a real world (interestingly enough that it says "a" and not "the").
-The Person Who Gives You the Big Bag
Suspicion. Deceit. Ripping-off. These three words are not in Magicant’s dictionary. Once you get that into your head, we proceed to visit the home in the southwest corner of town. A man who embraces dreams in a real world awaits you.
Magicant exists in someones dream, which you somehow entered.
The Land of Magicant
This place is in someone’s dream, so where is the dreamer?

When you awaken from the dream, you find yourself standing in a world you have never seen before, one like a sea of clouds colored all-pink. The God’s Country of “Where is God’s Tail” – the strange words recorded in your Great-Grandfather’s Diary – could it be this land? And then “God’s Tail” is, no doubt, the pink rock. Such a world as this is not portrayed even in The Wizard of Oz or Alice in Mirror-Land , or for that matter, Ende’s Momo. You’re probably only barely self-aware of the nostalgia you feel in the depths of your heart, the meaning of which you do not understand. While you listen in the depths of memory to the strange timbre like the tops of clouds and like the bottom of the sea, warm voices calling can’t disturb you without presage. For you, having hardened your will to fight unseen foes, this unexpected peace is, of all things, probably a great help.
There’s a sense that you have entered someone’s dream. Although entering someone else’s dream isn’t supposed to be possible, it is a land like a replicant of a dream. However, you mustn’t allow yourself to become comfortable. After all, even in dreams, there are things that vary from that which scares you to the point where you break out in a sleep-sweat, to that which causes you to unthinkingly shout for joy and awaken.
Magicant has an immeasurable area, as does the town within Magicant.
MAGICANT
Area: Immeasurable
Population: 42
Average Temperature: Uncertain
MAGICANT TOWN AREA
Area: Immeasurable
Population: 27
Main Industry: Philosophy
The Flying Men that help you on your quest were part of a story made by Ninten's Grandmother (Maria).
This means the dream of Flying Men lives in your heart…

A house stands smack dab alone on the outskirts of Magicant North. Here, there live five brothers who resemble both bird and human: the Flying Men. When you were still young, your mother, by your bedside, softly told you the story of the Flying Men. You probably don’t remember it, but that sad story was made by your great-grandmother. You ought to visit them. You ought to speak with them. For you just might recall the tale……

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The underground stream found in Maria's Magicant is said to be the river which exists in the space between this life and the next.
The Underground Stream
In the space between this life and the next, there is a dark, deep river

A black stream, of which it is unknown where it flows from or where it flows to. In its center floats a colossal labyrinthine fortress. Mysterious apparitions fly about, and if we assume there is such a thing in this world known as the bottom, this is a bottomless loneliness that can only produce this kind of image. Most likely, it can’t help but cross your mind that maybe Queen Mary’s sadness is really this kind of loneliness.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A list of PSI abilities.

Hypnosis - Puts an enemy to sleep (used by Ninten, Ness and Kumatora)

PK Flash - Enflicts a status effect, from strangeness to paralysis to crying to knock out (used by Ness and Lucas)

Darkness - Blinds your enemies (used by Ana)

Lifeup - Recovers health for you and and your allies (used by Ninten, Ana, Ness, Poo, Lucas and Kumatora)

DefenseDown - Decreases the defence of enemies (used by Ninten, Paula and Kumatora)

DefenseUp - Increases the defence of allies (used by Ninten and Lucas)

QuickUp - Increases the speed of allies (used by Ninten)

OffenseUp - Increases the attack power of your allies (used by Ninten, Paula and Lucas)

Shield - Protects you and your allies from attacks, and can reflect attacks back (used by Ness, Paula, Poo and Lucas)

PowerShied - Deflects all PSI attacks back at those who sent them (used by Ninten and Ana)
Shield Off - Used to remove the psychic shield of an enemy (used by Ninten and Ana)

Healing - Cures status allignments and revives fallen allies (used by Ninten, Ana, Ness, Poo, Lucas and Kumatora)

Paralysis - Paralyses one or more enemies (used by Ana, Ness and Kumatora)

Teleport - Allows Ness to visit anywhere he's been before (used by Ninten, Ana, Ness and Poo)

Brainstorm - Used to muddle the enemies minds (used by Ana, Poo and Kumatora)

PSI Magnet - Syphons the psychic energy of enemies (used by Ana, Paula, Poo and Kumatora)

PSI Block - Stops an enemy from using PSI (used by Ana)

Telepathy - Used to read the minds of humans, animals and other creatures (used by Ninten, Ana, Ness, Paula, Lucas and Kumatora)

4-D Slip - Used to escape a dungeon (used by Ninten)

PSI Farewell - Used by Poo to teleport away after the journey is complete (used by Poo)

PK Thunder - Calls down one or more lightning bolts (used by Ana, Paula, Poo and Kumatora)

PK Fire - Sets enemies on fire (used by Ana, Paula and Kumatora)

PK Freeze - Freezes the target (used by Ana, Paula, Poo and Kumatora)

PK Beam - A beam attack (used by Ana)

PK Ground - Generates a powerful earthquake (used by Kumatora)

PSI Rockin' - A powerful PK attack and the ultimate attack of Ness (used by Ness)

PK Starstorm - "Shakes off" or drops stars on your foes, and the ultimate attack of Poo and Kumatora (used by Poo and Kumatora)

PK Love - The ultimate attack of Lucas and Claus, used by those who can pull the Seven Needles and awaken the Dark Dragon (used by Lucas and Claus)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Star Master appears to Poo and Ness several times throughout their journey...including in Magicant itself. He teaches Poo Star Storm, and knows great knowledge on Magicant.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Pokey Minch (or Master Porky, as he'll later become) is a bully made tyrannical dictator, and the main villain of Mother 3. After the defeat of Giygas, Pokey travelled across time and space at will using the Phase Distorter, until he was shut out of every other time and space. Here he set up his fascist armies by brainwashing everyone in New Pork City and experimented on animals to create the chimeras.
Truthfully, we had no idea how Tazmily Village would turn out. But things actually went rather well. The people who had arrived on the White Ship had fully taken to their new identities. They believed they had always lived together peacefully. It was when a person by the name of Porky stumbled upon these islands that everything started to go amok.

It seems he used a “Time Distorter” machine to travel through time and space at will. However, he was apparently shut out from all other times and spaces and tumbled into this era and these islands. Even worse, he used his Time Distorter to bring many people from other eras here. The Pigmasks, as well as everyone in New Pork City, were all brought here and brainwashed by Porky.

This Porky fellow seems to view these islands as his own personal “toy box”, with which he can do anything he wants. He would take animals apart and recombine them to make creepy, new “Chimeras”. As a child-like dictator, he began doing whatever he pleased, including building Thunder Tower and forming his own army. Porky eventually learned the White Ship secret because of a traitor among the Magypsies
Master Porky is simultaneously a young boy and an old man at the same time.
SFbWK8E.png
Pokey Minch (and later Master Porky) can fight against Ness and Lucas and their friends (even against endgame Ness).

Master Porky cannot die (even if you defeat him), and no longer ages due to how much he has travelled through time. If he succeeded, only him and the Dark Dragon would remain.
Now do you see?! Now do you understand the sadness Master Porky bears now that he's Godlike?
Let me fill you in on something. No matter how much you attack me, I'll never die. Even if I somehow wind up beaten, I'll never die. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

I've gone through time and space so many times I haven't aged like a normal person. Who knows, I might be 1000 years old, or even 10,000 years old. But despite that, I'm still the same kid at heart! Is that funny? It is, isn't it? Does it make you laugh? *cough* *wheeze* Are you laughing at me?!

If the dragon wakes up, it might end up destroying everything and extinguishing all life. Even so, ahaha aha ahahahahahaha!! *cough* *gasp* *cough* Even so, I'll be alive. Me and the Dragon will be the only things left alive in the whole wide world! I'm more than ready for that possibility. Ahaha ahahahahaha! *cough* *cough* *gasp* *wheeze*

With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. until everyon who won't like me is gone.

After his defeat, Master Porky sealed himself away in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, which would keep him absolutely safe forever.
Oh, my! As evil as old Porky here is, I feel bad for him now. It's true that the "Absolutely Safe Capsule" that the Mr. Saturns and I developed together can protect one from every manner of danger. It IS an absolutely safe, capsule, but once you enter it, you can never exit it...Even what's outside of the Absolutely Safe Capsule is absolutely safe. I did tell Porky in a hushed voice that he shouldn't use it yet... But all he can do now is live for eternity inside the capsule, in absolute safety. Who knows, in a way, he may've gotten exactly what he wanted. - Dr Andonuts
Even when the Sun burns out and the Earth is consumed, Porky will still be absolutely safe.
- That means that even when the world crumbles away, Porky will never die.
Itoi So 5.5 billion years from now, Porky will still be alive. ...But the grief of that is incredibly depressing to me. It's amazing... Porky is truly a poem in himself.
Master Porky is still in the Absolutely Safe Capsule after the Dark Dragon remakes the world.
173-238.png

Back