• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Emperorgreymon and Magnagarurumon (Digimon Frontier) vs The Dark Masters (Digimon Adventure)

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Emperorgreymon and Magnagarurumon fight The Dark Masters all at once.

The Dark Masters
8672885-tumblr_inline_nhetqtasdf1rygrz9.jpg

vs

Emperorgreymon and Magnagarurumon
unknown.png

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Frontier duo stomps, Aldamon & BeoWolfmon vs Dark Masters would be better
Strictly comparing Adventure feats to Frontier feats, I would agree with that and the duo would still do very well, even if they wouldn't necessarily win as it's 4 v 2.

But then you got Young Hunters in the big crossover, showing 01 (as it's the younger Taichi) WarGreymon >>>>> Aldamon.
Which would in turn put any individual Dark Master over Frontier Double Spirit Evolutions and they'd just get wrecked.

Harpomon

Notorious
Strictly comparing Adventure feats to Frontier feats, I would agree with that and the duo would still do very well, even if they wouldn't necessarily win as it's 4 v 2.

But then you got Young Hunters in the big crossover, showing 01 (as it's the younger Taichi) WarGreymon >>>>> Aldamon.
Which would in turn put any individual Dark Master over Frontier Double Spirit Evolutions and they'd just get wrecked.
Yeah true, but I can't take that Young Hunters episode too seriously since in the same episode Imperialdramon FM was somehow stronger than the likes of Susanoomon and ShineGreymon BM and it was perhaps the most ridiculous shit I know. But yeah likely we can't completely ignore it even though it was inconsistent as fuck

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah true, but I can't take that Young Hunters episode too seriously since in the same episode Imperialdramon FM was somehow stronger than the likes of Susanoomon and ShineGreymon BM and it was perhaps the most ridiculous shit I know.
In fairness all we see Susanoomon and ShineGreymon BM do is push the VenomVamdemon into position, they don't actually attack them, which is achieved without any real effort on their part so neither one of them ever went all out in that fight.

Imperialdramon FM is simply the one who got to deal the killing blow there (and he even used Giga Death to do so, his strongest attack so it's not like shit was casual like what they did) so it's hard to say it proves anything with regards to how he compares to the other two.

By comparison, Aldamon attacks the BelialVamdemon with his best attack and it does NOTHING (and we even see him annoyed at this), before WarGreymon's attack wipes out three of them easily. It's much more clear cut than the Imperialdramon scene in terms of showing one Digimon's superiority.
But yeah likely we can't completely ignore it even though it was inconsistent as fuck
Honestly outside of the Imperialdramon shit (which is questionable if it proves anything really) it was fine, Omegamon and Dukemon CM being portrayed as peers lines up with Dukemon X being portrayed as a peer to Omegamon.

The Aldamon/Wargreymon thing just puts certain Adventure mons (such as the Dark Masters) higher up Frontier's ladder than previously thought, it doesn't really contradict anything. That part at least I don't really see any major problem with.

Harpomon

Notorious
In fairness all we see Susanoomon and ShineGreymon BM do is push the VenomVamdemon into position, they don't actually attack them, which is achieved without any real effort on their part so neither one of them ever went all out in that fight.

Imperialdramon FM is simply the one who got to deal the killing blow there (and he even used Giga Death to do so, his strongest attack so it's not like shit was casual like what they did) so it's hard to say it proves anything with regards to how he compares to the other two.

By comparison, Aldamon attacks the BelialVamdemon with his best attack and it does NOTHING (and we even see him annoyed at this), before WarGreymon's attack wipes out three of them easily. It's much more clear cut than the Imperialdramon scene in terms of showing one Digimon's superiority.

Honestly outside of the Imperialdramon shit (which is questionable if it proves anything really) it was fine, Omegamon and Dukemon CM being portrayed as peers lines up with Dukemon X being portrayed as a peer to Omegamon.

The Aldamon/Wargreymon thing just puts certain Adventure mons (such as the Dark Masters) higher up Frontier's ladder than previously thought, it doesn't really contradict anything. That part at least I don't really see any major problem with.

Yeah true, I've to admit that it's been a while since I watched that episode. And yep at least it felt right when Masaru beat a bunch of BelialVamdemons like they were Numemons.

So yeah maybe then Frontier Cherubimon vs Dark Masters could be better? Or something like that if we're thinking about Frontier mons

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah true, I've to admit that it's been a while since I watched that episode. And yep at least it felt right when Masaru beat a bunch of BelialVamdemons like they were Numemons.
Yeah they at least seemed to take the nostalgia Adventure goggles off long enough to acknowledge Masaru's and by extension Shinegreymon's power. Even if it felt like Xros Wars and Frontier got the short end of the stick big time.
So yeah maybe then Frontier Cherubimon vs Dark Masters could be better? Or something like that if we're thinking about Frontier mons
Uh no definitely not.

Frontier Cherubimon was pretty much an equal to either of the Hyper Evolution duo (KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon) 1 v 1. He'd smoke the Dark Masters. Strangely consistent given 02's Cherubimon is also much stronger than them. :maybe

Lowemon/KaiserLeomon would probably be the best match-up for a single Dark Master (reckon 4 would still be too much). They'd definitely beat Velgemon at the very least.

Harpomon

Notorious
Yeah they at least seemed to take the nostalgia Adventure goggles off long enough to acknowledge Masaru's and by extension Shinegreymon's power. Even if it felt like Xros Wars and Frontier got the short end of the stick big time.

Uh no definitely not.

Frontier Cherubimon was pretty much an equal to either of the Hyper Evolution duo (KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon) 1 v 1. He'd smoke the Dark Masters. Strangely consistent given 02's Cherubimon is also much stronger than them. :maybe

Lowemon/KaiserLeomon would probably be the best match-up for a single Dark Master (reckon 4 would still be too much). They'd definitely beat Velgemon at the very least.
Oh yeah, I re-watched their fight against Base Cherubimon and he lasted longer than I remembered, for some reason I remembered that he lost much faster against KG and MG. But yeah thinking about it, KaiserLeomon or IceDevimon would be better choices, both weaker than Cherubimon but stronger than Aldamon & BeoWolfmon

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oh yeah, I re-watched their fight against Base Cherubimon and he lasted longer than I remembered, for some reason I remembered that he lost much faster against KG and MG. But yeah thinking about it, KaiserLeomon or IceDevimon would be better choices, both weaker than Cherubimon but stronger than Aldamon & BeoWolfmon
Funny enough I completely forgot IceDevimon was in Frontier until you mentioned him. :maybe

But yeah he'd be a good pick as well, especially to rustle the jimmies of the level purists who treat the level system as gospel. :mjpls

Harpomon

Notorious
Funny enough I completely forgot IceDevimon was in Frontier until you mentioned him. :maybe

But yeah he'd be a good pick as well, especially to rustle the jimmies of the level purists who treat the level system as gospel. :mjpls
Yeah, Frontier would be a pain in the ass for those leveltards anyway. Not only Lucemon and his forms, but they also had IceDevimon, SkullSatamon (again) etc. And Agnimon and Blitzmon casually owned multiple Perfect Digimons and they weren't nearly the strongest Human Spirits since they were still weaker than Mercurymon, Duskmon and Loweemon. That's also why I enjoy it

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, Frontier would be a pain in the ass for those leveltards anyway.
It's sad when it's one of the reasons they shit on Xros Wars like "where are ma levels"
STILL THERE, Frontier and Xros Wars simply a lot less emphasis on it, focusing instead on the individual.
Not only Lucemon and his forms, but they also had IceDevimon, SkullSatamon (again) etc.
The levels never had much weight to begin with, when Adventure and 02 already had:
  • Greymon beating Parrotmon
  • Togemon beating Monzaemon
  • Andromon and Angemon dueling Piemon
  • Angemon, HolyAngemon and Shakoumon in general
  • Chimairamon matching Magnamon
  • Basically the entire Demon corps
The levels were only ever meant to show how evolved a specific individual was.
It was never supposed to be treated as an absolute thing.
And Agnimon and Blitzmon casually owned multiple Perfect Digimons and they weren't nearly the strongest Human Spirits since they were still weaker than Mercurymon, Duskmon and Loweemon.
Wolfmon also outfought ShadowWereGarurumon as did Agnimon and Snimon performed better against Agnimon than all the Perfects he beat.

Though in fairness the spirit levels aren't meant to equate to the normal levels. They're like Armor levels in that they're outside the normal level system anyway. Just like the Appmon Grades wouldn't necessarily equate to the Digimon levels either. :maybe
That's also why I enjoy it
Well that among other things, Frontier was just a generally good series overall.
For me it's on par with or even above Adventure 01.

Harpomon

Notorious
It's sad when it's one of the reasons they shit on Xros Wars like "where are ma levels"
STILL THERE, Frontier and Xros Wars simply a lot less emphasis on it, focusing instead on the individual.

The levels never had much weight to begin with, when Adventure and 02 already had:
  • Greymon beating Parrotmon
  • Togemon beating Monzaemon
  • Andromon and Angemon dueling Piemon
  • Angemon, HolyAngemon and Shakoumon in general
  • Chimairamon matching Magnamon
  • Basically the entire Demon corps
The levels were only ever meant to show how evolved a specific individual was.
It was never supposed to be treated as an absolute thing.

Wolfmon also outfought ShadowWereGarurumon as did Agnimon and Snimon performed better against Agnimon than all the Perfects he beat.

Though in fairness the spirit levels aren't meant to equate to the normal levels. They're like Armor levels in that they're outside the normal level system anyway. Just like the Appmon Grades wouldn't necessarily equate to the Digimon levels either. :maybe

Well that among other things, Frontier was just a generally good series overall.
For me it's on par with or even above Adventure 01.
Yeah true. And I'd also add that Zudomon massively wounded MetalEtemon, sure it was mostly due to his hammer but still he was level below him and he did that and that was really the only reason they were able to beat him (since SaberLeomon couldn't hurt him at all before that).

Plus ofc SkullSatamon vs Imperialdramon DM and HolyAngemon. And Tamers had numerous cases, even Gulfmon lost against their Perfect forms.

And yeah Frontier could come right after Tamers and Savers, then Adventure 01 and Xros Wars 01.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah true. And I'd also add that Zudomon massively wounded MetalEtemon, sure it was mostly due to his hammer but still he was level below him and he did that and that was really the only reason they were able to beat him (since SaberLeomon couldn't hurt him at all before that).
It's funny 'cause MetalSeadramon tanks a hit from WarGreymon's claws specifically "because they're both made of Chrome Digizoid" so when they use it as an excuse for Zudomon to hurt MetalEtemon it doesn't really matter. Zudomon still needed to throw the hammer with enough force to damage him in the first place.

So you're quite right that it's another good example.
Plus ofc SkullSatamon vs Imperialdramon DM and HolyAngemon.
Well he's part of the Demon corps (along with LadyDevimon and MarineDevimon) so I did include him. :maybe

One of the Drama CDs also had Armor levels beat an Ultimate in Pukumon.
And Tamers had numerous cases, even Gulfmon lost against their Perfect forms.
Renamon killed multiple Adults early on, only for the same attack to bounce off Guilmon's body like she was trying to slap him with wet tissue paper. :kobeha
  • Leomon soloing a Deva (strangely consistent with him beating Hangyomon in Adventure)
  • Guilmon killing IceDevimon without any power boost AFTER the latter already beat Kyubimon
  • Growmon and Galgomon killing the rooster Deva
  • Growmon killing the Snake Deva with only a single power boosting card.
The fact there are still people who immediately say "this Digimon's higher level therefore they win" is baffling to me.
And yeah Frontier could come right after Tamers and Savers, then Adventure 01 and Xros Wars 01.
Yeah basically the same as my list.
Tamers > Savers > Frontier >/= Adventure 01 > Xros Wars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adventure 02 > Young Hunters

Back