General Chat Lounge Convo: #1

When you want to get your Shamrock McFlurry at your local McDonald's on the last day of March...

Photo_OREO-Shamrock-McFlurry_Courtesy-of-McDonalds.png

Only to hear the same annoying response from your Indian cashier that "oUr iCe cReAm MaChInE iS bRoKeN!" just like last year when you tried to get your Shamrock Shake but failed...

Sad Pikachu GIF

Last edited:
Today, my other McDonald's location had a Shamrock McFlurry available and my family originally wanted to go out into the area to go shop there and get it on the way, but because of the stupid goddamn rainstorm, we were unable to.

Cursed ass rain. Always ruining my plans.

If anything Shamrock related ain't available this Saturday, then I'm going to be forced to use my newly downloaded McDelivery app on my mum's phone to order it tomorrow or something assuming it's still available or bust.

how's everybody doing today
We're good. Just an interesting anecdotal story of mine during these past two days:

Did something pretty ballsy and gutsy yesterday. Last Monday night, when my mother threw out all my bag of old clothes that I don't even wear anymore for years, I had to take my last shots and videos as my last moments of seeing them before they disappeared from our home forever. My mum objected to me keeping everything sitting in our house and apparently being clingy with them. And my mom actually wanted to throw them away for good instead of donating them to the US Army Veterans like she usually does with our previous old clothes being thrown out. I didn't want to see them all go to waste, so I decided to pull off a bold and sneaky plan of my own:

Yesterday on my way to picking up lunch for my dinner when my mum was still at the doctor and coming back home alone with the keys, I sneaked into my apartment's garbage just across the hall on our floor past the window and unpacked the bag (as of last monday night) and tried to take as many as snapshots and videos of my old abandoned clothes on my IPhone SE when nobody was looking and even wrote and put a paper sign that says "Please donate us. Don't send us to the landfill. Thank you" on the heap of clothes the second time I came into the compacted room with the door closed and bailed out after hearing my father's footsteps approaching by the stairs.

However knowing that my mother would soon find out that the bag was untied and made a mess since she dumps out the garbage every night, I gave her the excuse that I wanted to go outside alone and use my afternoon walking time to talk to someone on the phone in private and when I got out alone, I went into the garbage room and tried to put back all the clothes into the bag and re-tie the bag itself to make it seem like it wasn't touched and put the sign at the bottom of the bag where my mum wouldn't be able to see when dumping out our next day's trash, but the garbagemen or porter could when they get it out.

After my talk on the phone about the daring feat of achievement with another friend of mine while I was outside a block away from my apartment building out of my mother's reach and sight, I decided to do something even more radical to go one step further, which was to go to my apartment's superintendent's door and ask him to go to our garbage room and take the old bag of clothes and have them donated to someone instead of just discarding them entirely and to my amazement, he agreed and complied and took me to a room downstairs near the side entrance of our co-op apartment building and allowed me to put it on the table on the opposite side of his desk where they will instead be awaiting their donation to a clothing drive store in another part of town further away from us instead of meeting their ultimate demise somewhere in a landfill.

And after that, I thanked him and came walking straight back home on my floor all by myself without either my mum nor pop knowing a damn thing about what I just did.

I was glad and satisfied knowing that I was able to succeed in not letting my old clothes go entirely to waste and to evade notice from my strict pedantic mother while carrying on with my merry day.

tl;dr: I felt like Solid Snake or Ethan Hunt after pulling off such a stealthy and well-coordinated stunt and covering my tracks, leaving with me a strong sense of achievement and accomplishment in pulling off such a personal objective with resounding success.

Back