General Grievous in Punishing Gray Raven

sir_fire

Distinguished
Gendy's Clone Wars Grievous. Then again, is there any other version worth using in matchups?

Gauntlet from weakest to strongest, the standard stuff.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm pretty sure most of them just....can't hurt him even if they hit. Alpha can slice space open so that would probably work, but the light sabers are going to go right through her as well.

sir_fire

Distinguished
I'm pretty sure most of them just....can't hurt him even if they hit. Alpha can slice space open so that would probably work, but the light sabers are going to go right through her as well.
He still ran away from a barrage of blaster fire from a squad of ARCs and their LAAT/i rather than just stand there and let it wash against his crotchplate.

unknown.png

like so.

Last edited:

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, I can't see any version of Grievous not washing them, not even Episode III Grievous.
Maybe Disney Grievous but we don't count Disney.

I don't know if I'd go that far, there are some units who can damage him via hax and they have comparable speeds, so they could squeak out a couple of wins.

Like Watanabe's Astral Frame can actually just fuck up molecular bonds with his knives, Alpha with the space fuckery, and the sheer utter bullshit that is Solateer Liv who I'm pretty sure is an outright reality warper (relatively small scale but also explicitly eclipses every other know construct)

I don't know if I'd go that far, there are some units who can damage him via hax and they have comparable speeds, so they could squeak out a couple of wins.

Like Watanabe's Astral Frame can actually just fuck up molecular bonds with his knives, Alpha with the space fuckery, and the sheer utter bullshit that is Solateer Liv who I'm pretty sure is an outright reality warper (relatively small scale but also explicitly eclipses every other know construct)

Unless it's Disney to be real, I can't see them doing otherwise to EU Grievous or Lucas Grievous.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
In the Legends timeline Fodder Clone pilots can react to lightspeed and Fodder Jedi are FTL in reactions with the force, Grevious can both react and move fast enough to kill them by the dozen and contend with some of the most powerful Jedi of the Clone Wars like Mace Windu to the point he was starting to copy his form of Vaapad which makes him insane as a Non-Force user in the setting. In terms of speed, I highly doubt anyone in PGR can match him at this time.
Problem is if they can even hit him with it before he closes the distance and shanks them niggas. Also don't know how Watanabe's knives would handle a lightsaber, or if the reality warping of the others is potent enough to make up for the sheer speed difference.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
In the Legends timeline Fodder Clone pilots can react to lightspeed and Fodder Jedi are FTL in reactions with the force, Grevious can both react and move fast enough to kill them by the dozen and contend with some of the most powerful Jedi of the Clone Wars like Mace Windu to the point he was starting to copy his form of Vaapad which makes him insane as a Non-Force user in the setting. In terms of speed, I highly doubt anyone in PGR can match him at this time.

Problem is if they can even hit him with it before he closes the distance and shanks them niggas. Also don't know how Watanabe's knives would handle a lightsaber, or if the reality warping of the others is potent enough to make up for the sheer speed difference.

I don't think there is a speed difference tbh. Normal constructs can react to lasers being fired at them from blindspots even without using matrix, and during matrix other constructs will appear to be in slow motion.

To be more specific, Riot is a PGR boss who appears in the story trying to laser snipe you from behind and opens every fight he's in with another laser barrage. Lucia, Liv, and Lee (the three main characters) all manage to dodge despite it being a surprise attack the first time.

All three of them were canonically in their base frames when this happened, and despite Matrix being a canon mechanic that some later bosses actually use against you in story and gameplay, no mention of it is made there. Watanabe is explicitly faster than the three of them to a large degree, and Lucia's second frame is also notably faster than her first.....which Alpha styles on so hard that iirc Lucia never lands a single blow. Meanwhile Lucia's third can accelerate so fast she can't control it.

Going into "X is faster than Y who is faster than Z" would be calc-stacking so we can leave that off, but at the very least Matrix allows them to go so fast that Lightspeed opponents are nearly frozen in motion.

Also for what it's worth I recall at least a few Legends books where people could block lightsabers with "vibroblades" which is pretty close to Watanabe's thing. Though that may be an outlier from that series?

sir_fire

Distinguished
Also for what it's worth I recall at least a few Legends books where people could block lightsabers with "vibroblades" which is pretty close to Watanabe's thing. Though that may be an outlier from that series?
Those swords have blades made from very rare and very expensive materials. So nothing on wide circulation in the galaxy.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Those swords have blades made from very rare and very expensive materials. So nothing on wide circulation in the galaxy.

Nah, I don't mean the things from KotOR. In the series about Obi-wan and Qui-gon pre-Episode 1 and a couple other places there were just "vibro-blades" that could at least kinda hold up against a light-saber.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Normal vibroblades can't hold up to lightsabers. They have to be special ones that operate like power-swords in 40k to match the superheated blade of a lightsaber's plasma with their own magnetic looping power-field.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't think there is a speed difference tbh. Normal constructs can react to lasers being fired at them from blindspots even without using matrix, and during matrix other constructs will appear to be in slow motion.

To be more specific, Riot is a PGR boss who appears in the story trying to laser snipe you from behind and opens every fight he's in with another laser barrage. Lucia, Liv, and Lee (the three main characters) all manage to dodge despite it being a surprise attack the first time.

All three of them were canonically in their base frames when this happened, and despite Matrix being a canon mechanic that some later bosses actually use against you in story and gameplay, no mention of it is made there. Watanabe is explicitly faster than the three of them to a large degree, and Lucia's second frame is also notably faster than her first.....which Alpha styles on so hard that iirc Lucia never lands a single blow. Meanwhile Lucia's third can accelerate so fast she can't control it.

Going into "X is faster than Y who is faster than Z" would be calc-stacking so we can leave that off, but at the very least Matrix allows them to go so fast that Lightspeed opponents are nearly frozen in motion.
While that is impressive it still just means they are some degrees of FTL which is what fodder Jedi are and Grevious handles whole groups of them with ease while contending with the best like Mace Windu and even when weakend during Episode 3 it took Obi-wan who was the best user of Soresu, the most defensive Lightsaber form which is the perfect kryptonite to Grevious, to beat him. Not sure how ftl they are but I don't see PGR being at that level right now.
I never chacked if Vibroblades were able to fully block a lightsaber or if they were just able to deflect at best but the strength behind who wields a lightsaber also matters as there are times where certain Jedi can overpower another through sheer brute force like when Exar Kun did against Vodo-Siosk Baas by breaking through his force empowered sitck that could block lightsabers. Grevious may not be able to do it if he does not use the force but I don't remember if Exar did what he did with it or not. If it was not with the Force I can see Grevious just pushing through any blades he comes in contact with as he has no problem overpowering Jedi who can amplify their strength with the Force.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
While that is impressive it still just means they are some degrees of FTL which is what fodder Jedi are and Grevious handles whole groups of them with ease while contending with the best like Mace Windu and even when weakend during Episode 3 it took Obi-wan who was the best user of Soresu, the most defensive Lightsaber form which is the perfect kryptonite to Grevious, to beat him. Not sure how ftl they are but I don't see PGR being at that level right now.

I mean, the ones who do the initial feat are also functionally "fodder" tier. The Gray Ravens for the first several chapters are outclassed in strength and speed by most other constructs (*especially* the Ascendants) until they start getting their stronger frames.

And again, Matrix makes them so fast that said laser-dodging constructs look like they're frozen in motion. Which would make them dozens to hundreds of times faster iirc on how "slow motion" stuff works.

Meanwhile Lucia's Plume frame is so fast with her thruster she can't fully control it....and Alpha is *still* faster than her.

Also Grevious never contended with Windu that i remember, Mace just force crushed his ribcage. They didnt even cross lightsabers that i saw.

I never chacked if Vibroblades were able to fully block a lightsaber or if they were just able to deflect at best but the strength behind who wields a lightsaber also matters as there are times where certain Jedi can overpower another through sheer brute force like when Exar Kun did against Vodo-Siosk Baas by breaking through his force empowered sitck that could block lightsabers. Grevious may not be able to do it if he does not use the force but I don't remember if Exar did what he did with it or not. If it was not with the Force I can see Grevious just pushing through any blades he comes in contact with as he has no problem overpowering Jedi who can amplify their strength with the Force.

Isn't Exar Kun like.....Luke-tier in terms of Force power? He's leagues above Grevious, I don't think there's any kind of scaling there.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's a unique kind of disrespect when the ultimate Jedi sword master doesn't even bother to draw his saber on you and instead just crushes you with TK :skully

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, the ones who do the initial feat are also functionally "fodder" tier. The Gray Ravens for the first several chapters are outclassed in strength and speed by most other constructs (*especially* the Ascendants) until they start getting their stronger frames.

And again, Matrix makes them so fast that said laser-dodging constructs look like they're frozen in motion. Which would make them dozens to hundreds of times faster iirc on how "slow motion" stuff works.

Meanwhile Lucia's Plume frame is so fast with her thruster she can't fully control it....and Alpha is *still* faster than her.
Again impressive but I dont know how fast the average Jedi or council members are so I will ask @Aurelian see how they compare.
Also Grevious never contended with Windu that i remember, Mace just force crushed his ribcage. They didnt even cross lightsabers that i saw.
He did in the labyrinth of Evil Novel which is where that "Copying Vaapad" bit comes from. And Grevious can still best other Jedi council members like Ki-adi-mundi and Shaak-ti and other Jedi at the same time and has caught Adi Galli off guard despite the Force letting them know when danger is near so he is not stronger than Windu of course but he is still strong enough to beat some of the most powerful Jedi at the time.
Isn't Exar Kun like.....Luke-tier in terms of Force power? He's leagues above Grevious, I don't think there's any kind of scaling there.
I was just using him as an example and even than I said myself it may not count since it may have just been with the force which Grevious cannot use.

Back