• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Golden Amazo (DCAU) vs God Emperor Doom (Marvel)

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
Recent Amazo upgrade:

iHDQZ0J.png

VS

hFsHEM2.png

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Doom one-shots him. He's on a complete nother tier compared to Golden Amazo.

You're better off having him face Dormammu or Shuma.

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
General question to anyone: Is the Marvel Multiverse generally larger than the DC Multiverse?

The DCAU is made of an infinite number of universes. Some dialogue implies that each universe itself may in fact also be infinite. There are also probably a few infinite planes of existence in those universes. The Phantom Zone comes to mind. Diana mentions the Greek afterlfe.

Overall it's a pretty chonky cosmology.

Doom one-shots him. He's on a complete nother tier compared to Golden Amazo.
Really? I did a bit of digging and it really seemed like they should be comparable.

When he's ruling over Battleworld, he's not still channeling the power of all those Beyonders, is he? He's taking a portion of Molecule Man's power, right?

MM would obviously blink Amazo away (if he needed that much effort) but Doom should only be capable of what he's shown, I would think. We were never given a stated percentage for how much of his power Doom could channel at once.

Well, if you're right I guess I better go digging the multiversal bargain bin to find a good match-up for him. *le sigh*

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
1DGIRHXACoo.jpg
DCAU on its own being an infinite multiverse is obviously impressive it just doesn't really measure up when you're going against like, Beyonder level characters who scale to everything in Marvel

Marvel's "multiverse" being composed of an infinite number of multiverses and other shit beyond that. I'm sure there's a lot more to the marvel cosmology that Rom can elaborate on but even just the little I know, DCAU wouldnt be enough

DC as a whole vs Marvel as a whole people will probably be arguing until the end of time nobody seems to want to really dissect one cosmology vs another. I've mostly just seen people claim one is bigger than the other arbitrarily

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
General question to anyone: Is the Marvel Multiverse generally larger than the DC Multiverse?

The DCAU is made of an infinite number of universes. Some dialogue implies that each universe itself may in fact also be infinite. There are also probably a few infinite planes of existence in those universes. The Phantom Zone comes to mind. Diana mentions the Greek afterlfe.

Overall it's a pretty chonky cosmology.
On the most basic level, every marvel universe is infinite, the multiverse is made up of a trans-infinite number of universes, or just infinite if you'd like. Then there are megaverses, which contain an infinite number of infinite multiverses. There's an infinite number of those, then you have higher realms lower realms all the different dimensions shit that exists outside of it and everything in-between.

When you factor everything together, they're pretty much equal, then It's just an argument of how many characters each side has that scale to their respective cosmologies.
Really? I did a bit of digging and it really seemed like they should be comparable.

When he's ruling over Battleworld, he's not still channeling the power of all those Beyonders, is he? He's taking a portion of Molecule Man's power, right?
Molecule Man allows him to channel his power, all of it. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to combat the gauntlet, which itself is beyond multi-eternity and every abstract sans the LT.
MM would obviously blink Amazo away (if he needed that much effort) but Doom should only be capable of what he's shown, I would think. We were never given a stated percentage for how much of his power Doom could channel at once.
See above. MM allowed him to channel any percentage of his power because at any moment, he could just take it back from Doom, since he's lending it to him.

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
Well, fuck. Even I wouldn't normally be dumb enough to put Amazo against Molecule Man. RIP

@Dead Lock

Some cosmology questions before this thread floats off into the waste bin of history. If you would.

Marvel cosmics generally get more chances to play around with the entirety of their cosmos, huh? Not a lot of people putting all of DC creation in a box, like MM in Marvel. Who all in DC poses a legit threat to the entirety of the DC cosmology?

The nature of DC's megaverse as an ocean of snowglobes floating towards judgment makes me think that the whole system doesn't get shook all at once all that often. You'd either need to be capable of directly interacting with the Overvoid on a meaningful enough scale to displace a speck of dirt, or you'd need to be able to hard cuck the people who are hand-forming mulitverses out of twigs and old bits of string (like the judges imprisoning Perpetua).

I'm guessing that level of power is probably relegated to a gap spanning from the Judges to Lucifer Morningstar. I have no idea how wide that gap would be. Would the Judges even be the lowest threat to the megaverse? Are they a threat the megaverse?

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Marvel cosmics generally get more chances to play around with the entirety of their cosmos, huh? Not a lot of people putting all of DC creation in a box, like MM in Marvel. Who all in DC poses a legit threat to the entirety of the DC cosmology?
I'm not familiar with DC, but for Marvel the last time the omniverse in Its entirety was being messed with was in Ultimates with The First Firmament imprisoning Multi-Eternity and such. I frankly don't keep up with current Marvel because of the massive dip in quality, but they seem to just confine their multiversal events to just the multiverse now. and not the cosmological whole like Ultimates and Secret Wars did in the past.

Knull took place in the residential multiverse only.

I can't comment on the rest as I'm not really knowledgeable on DC, however, Animal Man at his peak was channeling the Overvoid/white-page, so he could probably affect all of DC funnily enough.

seth

Preeminent
Well, fuck. Even I wouldn't normally be dumb enough to put Amazo against Molecule Man. RIP

@Dead Lock

Some cosmology questions before this thread floats off into the waste bin of history. If you would.

honestly dc is a mess. Canonically there are multiple creations in the void, with multiple creators with yahweh being only 1 creator. So no one has fully affected all of dc cosmology just the presance creation. Then there is the perpetua and the monitors which i don`t know how it fits it. They reinforce the idea of multiple creations with the omniverse.

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
honestly dc is a mess. Canonically there are multiple creations in the void, with multiple creators with yahweh being only 1 creator. So no one has fully affected all of dc cosmology just the presance creation. Then there is the perpetua and the monitors which i don`t know how it fits it. They reinforce the idea of multiple creations with the omniverse.
I want to give this an informative rating. It clearly contains information. Information I didn't have. But at the same time it has left me more confused. RIP. We'll just settle on a like.

So...wait. The Presence didn't create the entirety of the spec that shows on the Overoid? Or would that be older canon where the Presence was clearly the head writer at DC and then the Overvoid would literally be the blank page that they draw the DC reality onto?

I figured the Presence and Overvoid had to be on a similar level. At least, The Presence would need to be aware enough (and understand) of it to use it as a foundation for his creation. That could easily make the gap in scope between the two quite large. A spec that size would be like if the Earth looked at itself and wondered what the Great Wall of China was. Maybe that's all someone of the Presence's level is to the Overvoid. Something that can build up to a visible fraction of its scope.

When I read the Perpetua story, I assumed that Perpetua and the other creators were all creations of the Presence. As were the Judges on the far side of the void. I thought it was established canon that the Presence was responsible for the creation of the primary multiverse. If that's the case, and now we are seeing Perpetua literally hand-craft it, that must mean that she herself is a product of The Presence.

Like I've tried to convey in my wording, this is just conjecture I came up with while reading some cosmic fuckery. I'm still trying to piece all this together.

seth

Preeminent
Legit the presence, the writer, milk wars retcon corps, overvoid, perpetuta and whatever the hell is going on in current dc.

There is mention about how creation is being constantly altered by the powers of the dream but that just explains all the myths being real in dc not the supreme creators.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Hypertime makes it even more confusing because apparently all of this is canon at the same time despite none of it necessarily working with each other cohesively?

This seems to be why every DC cosmology thread has a different take on how it works

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I honestly think you would need like peak Michael and Lucifer Morningstar to throw down with Molecule Man empowered God-Emperor Doom.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
DC is a mess at one point I'm pretty sure they implied the Presence is just a Hand but then instantly go back on it bitches ruffling my feathers

Back