Gorr(MCU) vs Hela(MCU) vs Thanos(MCU)

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Hela>Thanos>Gorr

Not saying Gorr is necessarily weak compared to them but I wasn't the least impressed with any of his fights in the movie. All his god slayings were off-screen so we don't really get a sense of how threatening he is to begin with and Thanos completely dominated the trio of Thor, IM and Worthy Cap and was still in peak enough condition to lead an entire war against every MCU hero. Whereas I don't even think Gorr lasted five full minutes against two Thors and Valkyrie (the former of which involved a fresh inexperienced Thor and the latter who doesn't really have that many notable feats to speak of aside from surviving Hela and beating Loki mid difficulty) even with the help of the necro shadow monsters (and he was at peak power empowered by his own realm). He did get Stormbreaker but that was more because he snatched it while the bifrost was teleporting them away.

Hela's a bad bitch whose on a whole other level entirely. She crushed mjolnir casually, then went on to solo all of Asgard and the warriors three without taking any damage while gradually getting stronger since her arrival, no selled Thor's best attacks (to the point where he recognized he couldn't beat her in direct combat after she got up from his first and best strike) and was standing up to and injuring a full-powered Surter before getting killed by the twilight sword.

Last edited:

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
Could probably argue Gorr>Thanos
L&T Thor is supposed to be stronger than Fat Thor and Jane was inexperienced but showed really good skills Steve didn't have with the hammer also Gorr can summon his shadow monsters and he traveled in the shadows I thought

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Its harder to say.

Gorr's showings aren't super consistent and are dependent on where he is. In the Shadow Realm, he's much stronger, faster, and tougher. If I remember correctly, he managed to nab Stormbreaker from Thor with one hand over there. On the other hand, at the Vault, his performance against Jane-Thor/Lady Thor was very bad. Comparatively, God of Lightning and Thunder Thor with his full power and with Gungnir was getting ragdolled easily by Hela.

Neutral setting without any Infinity Stones:

- Hela > Gorr => Thanos

Then again Odin also states as long as Asgard exists, Hela will continue to grow more powerful, is functionally immortal, and will keep drawing strength it. The Asgardians are also aware of the Infinity Stones and had a replica of the Infinity Gauntlet in the Vaults of Asgard and weren't too impressed by it either. Hela was drawn to the power of the Eternal Flame over the Tesseract. I don't think Thanos without most of the Infinity Stones even stands much of a chance against her given what Tony in the Mark 49 or 50 (can't remember exact model of his Iron-Man suit in Infinity War) was putting up a fight against him and managed to injure him even when Thanos had the Power, Space, and Reality Stones.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Could probably argue Gorr>Thanos
L&T Thor is supposed to be stronger than Fat Thor and Jane was inexperienced but showed really good skills Steve didn't have with the hammer also Gorr can summon his shadow monsters and he traveled in the shadows I thought
according to the Russos Thor’s stats didn’t change in EG. Cap has years of combat experience over Jane while she has none and was also armed with a shield which he was already adept at using. Jane could splinter mjolnir but that’s more of a creative technique than something notable for combat experience.

Then again Odin also states as long as Asgard exists, Hela will continue to grow more powerful, is functionally immortal, and will keep drawing strength it. The Asgardians are also aware of the Infinity Stones and had a replica of the Infinity Gauntlet in the Vaults of Asgard and weren't too impressed by it either. Hela was drawn to the power of the Eternal Flame over the Tesseract. I don't think Thanos without most of the Infinity Stones even stands much of a chance against her given what Tony in the Mark 49 or 50 (can't remember exact model of his Iron-Man suit in Infinity War) was putting up a fight against him and managed to injure him even when Thanos had the Power, Space, and Reality Stones.
Tony was completely ineffective against Thanos in both movies. In IW the “injury” he gave him more was nothing more than a very minor scratch on his cheek and that was after unleashing his best stuff. Hell the context of that moment was to demonstrate the sheer difference between Tony and Thanos and the hopelessness of the situation since even with his best attacks and weapons he was serving no real threat time because all he could get was a single drop of blood.

Back