• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

GT Goku vs Cloud Strife

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I honestly don’t remember what kind of speed feats Toeiverse had

KotR are hilariously faster than the last thing I was aware of with Bojack though :hm

Because Ultimania descriptions are full of untapped comedy if translated like “traveling to attack the opponent from the other side of the dimension” housing stats/nebulae/galaxies silly. All in about a second or 2.

Triple Accel 555

Preeminent
Pretty sure GT Goku is Trillion-Quadrillion of Faster than Light because The Spaceship of Namek and Pikkon and him travel on afterlife.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Tbf you could probably argue for FTL manga Z characters with the whole Yakon eating light thing

Other than that let me think 🤔

There’s always the Universal Spirit Bomb against Omega Shenron. Or SSJ Gogeta lighting up the entire universe in Fusion Reborn. Stuff like that

Pretty sure GT Goku is Trillion-Quadrillion of Faster than Light because The Spaceship of Namek and Pikkon and him travel on afterlife.
The Pikkon shit uses faulty scailing of the map to inflate the numbers.

The Namek Space ship reaches Jupiter from Earth in just under 10 seconds, making it Triple Digit FTL

Goku’s ship meanwhile is five times faster than the Namek Ship, since it covered the same distance the Namek ship did in a month or less with just six days instead

And Goku in the anime out-sped the space ship in his fight against Freeza as a Super Saiyan.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
The Pikkon shit uses faulty scailing of the map to inflate the numbers.
Yeah, I’m sure the general cosmology is fine, but the specific features are fucked given Snake Way on it spans about a 1/4th the universe if taken at face value
The Namek Space ship reaches Jupiter from Earth in just under 10 seconds, making it Triple Digit FTL

Goku’s ship meanwhile is five times faster than the Namek Ship, since it covered the same distance the Namek ship did in a month or less with just six days instead

And Goku in the anime out-sped the space ship in his fight against Freeza as a Super Saiyan.
Namekian Dragon Balls were something Freeza definitely reacted to fucking off to Earth in about 5 minutes too, that’s also about 8,928x faster than Kami’s ship for short range motion like limb movement IIRC (well, not exactly, Freeza wasn’t as fast as them moving his arm, he just managed to move it at all while they were perceptible)

Yeah, I’m sure the general cosmology is fine, but the specific features are fucked given Snake Way on it spans about a 1/4th the universe if taken at face value
It would have some crooked implications for the size of the macrocosm as a whole to be sure. I don’t trust it tbh
Namekian Dragon Balls were something Freeza definitely reacted to fucking off to Earth in about 5 minutes too, that’s also about 8,928x faster than Kami’s ship for short range motion like limb movement IIRC (well, not exactly, Freeza wasn’t as fast as them moving his arm, he just managed to move it at all while they were perceptible)
Given the speed of the space ship, people have assumed that Namek is 16 to 30 lightyears away.

Those assumptions can help you gauge the speed of those things if they actually physically traveled there instead of teleporting, if it took about 5 minutes

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Pretty much

We know for a fact Namek is outside of the galaxy (King Kai says it’s outside his jurisdiction) and Earth is stated to be on the opposite end of the North Galaxy (Daizenshuu)

So it kinda makes sense that they’re not too far apart

Triple Accel 555

Preeminent
In Dragon Ball itself countain 4 Area: West , East , South and North and each of these area countain many of Galaxy.

j2eUGAr_d.webp

Translate:

A localized star cluster inside the universe. A collection of stars form a nebula, and a galaxy is a collection of several nebulae. The four Kaioh in charge of the east, west, north, south and west of the Universe actually oversee these galaxies. The division of galaxies into east, west, north, south and west is a unit used by the gods of heaven and the Kaioh to supervise the galaxies that exist infinitely in outer space.

The distand between Namek and Earth is too great to the point King Kai saying outside his area.
Screenshot-20220901-051830-Opera-Mini-1.jpg

Even Bulma support this.
Screenshot-20220901-053200-Opera-Mini-1.jpg

Pretty much

We know for a fact Namek is outside of the galaxy (King Kai says it’s outside his jurisdiction) and Earth is stated to be on the opposite end of the North Galaxy (Daizenshuu)

So it kinda makes sense that they’re not too far apart

In Dragon Ball itself countain 4 Area: West , East , South and North and each of these area countain many of Galaxy.

j2eUGAr_d.webp

Translate:

A localized star cluster inside the universe. A collection of stars form a nebula, and a galaxy is a collection of several nebulae. The four Kaioh in charge of the east, west, north, south and west of the Universe actually oversee these galaxies. The division of galaxies into east, west, north, south and west is a unit used by the gods of heaven and the Kaioh to supervise the galaxies that exist infinitely in outer space.

The distand between Namek and Earth is too great to the point King Kai saying outside his area.
Screenshot-20220901-051830-Opera-Mini-1.jpg

Even Bulma support this.
Screenshot-20220901-053200-Opera-Mini-1.jpg
Proportionately speaking Namek is still WAY closer to Our own Galaxy than our own real life Galaxies are to each other. At most 30 lightyears away, which is 833x closer than the closest Galaxy to the Milky Way which is 25,000 Lightyears away.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

KotR are hilariously faster than the last thing I was aware of with Bojack though :hm

Because Ultimania descriptions are full of untapped comedy if translated like “traveling to attack the opponent from the other side of the dimension” housing stats/nebulae/galaxies silly. All in about a second or 2.
Would it be fair to say that said dimension is universe-sized? :hm

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Would it be fair to say that said dimension is universe-sized? :hm
Hard to say, it clearly reuses sky box assets found in Supernova and Bahamut Zero's shit though (why wouldn't it, they already needed 3 disks to fit the full game, wasting extra space on the disks for an additional space related sky box texture would be pretty asinine). Hard to really tell with the additional flashy noise they added to the mix. Like, it has the stars, then they added an additional layer of stars that kind of just constantly rotate around the screen with what looks like some stretched out nebulae artifacts?

Even just the size of a galaxy would be comfortably in the hundreds of billions to trillions of C though IIRC.

7788751-4319824111-ypETz.png
7788752-5462279047-OcGpu.png
7788753-3088497852-I1COZ.png

Partial translation of p496 FFVII Ultimania Omega (Credits to Trexalfa) said:
1. 未知の力に引き寄せられ` 敵の周囲の地面が大きく陥没。

"Drawn into an unknown power, the enemy's surrounding ground gives way to an enormous cave in"

2. くぼみから工ネルギーが噴き出し、 次元のはざまへの扉が開く。

"Energy spouts out from out of the cavity, and a door to the dimensional threshold opens"

3. 敵はくほみのなかの闔へ吸いこまれていき……。

"The enemy proceeds to be absorbed into the door within the cavity..."

4. 淡い光を放つ次元のはざまヘとたどり驚く。

"They pursue their course into the dimensional threshold, which casts a faint light, and become astonished"

5. 次元のはざまのかなたから姿を現した、 ひとり目の円卓の騎士。

"The first Knight of the Round revealed its form, from beyond (Beyond or other side, whichever you prefer) the dimensional threshold"

23. 闔のかなたで輝いていた光が強くなり、 ア一サー王が豊場。

"The light shining within the door becomes stronger, and King Arthur appears"

24. 顔全体を覆うカブトからわずかにのぞく目を光らせたのち......。

"And after taking a small peek from his helmet, which covers his entire visage..."

25. 深紅のマン 卜を広げ、 両手で聖剣工クス力リパ一を振りかざす。

"His deep crimson mantle spreads, and he brandished the Holy Sword Excalibur with both of his hands"

26. エクス力リパ一を豪快に振り下ろし、 円卓の騎士たちの運続攻撃をしめく くるア一サ一王。

"King Arthur magnificently swings Excalibur downwards, bringing the continued attacks of the Knights of the Round to a finish"

27. エクスカリパ一の衝撃波 が広がり、 空聞にヒビが入っていく。

"Excalibur's shockwave expands, and space proceeds to crack"

28. 空聞がこまかく割れ、 次元のはざまが消滅する。

"The space is minutely cleaved, and the dimensional threshold is annihilated"
Additional Partial Translations of p496-497 FFVII Ultimania Omega said:
Source 1 and 2

Third pic -> 敵はくぼみのなかの闇へ吸い込まれていき

The opponent (party) is sucked up into a cavity filled with Darkness.

-> エクスカリバーの衝撃波が広がり、空間にひびは入っていく

The shockwave caused by Excalibur spreads out and a crack forms in Space.

Last Pic -> 空間がこまかく割れ、次元のはざまが消滅する

The Space is cut down, the DIMENSION thus vanishes.

But yeah. That's the long and short of it.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

Nothing really special, just forgot this was something that could happen in Remake :hm

Would be kind of cool to see them program this kind of shit intentionally.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

Universal Spirit Bomb scene is wack for speed feats

Videl reacted to it in 4:18 :mjlol

AllForOne

Illustrious
Pretty sure GT Goku does solo. What is he really ranked at currently tho? His OBD profilehas him at multi-solar system level but since GT scales to the Toeiverse feats those stats should be way higher.

VS Battles wiki has GT Goku at low multiversal rn. Something isn't quite right with these two. :hm

Pretty sure GT Goku does solo. What is he really ranked at currently tho? His OBD profilehas him at multi-solar system level but since GT scales to the Toeiverse feats those stats should be way higher.

VS Battles wiki has GT Goku at low multiversal rn. Something isn't quite right with these two. :hm
>VsBattles

:doge

GT Goku ain’t multiversal, lol.

When they’re not taking OBD calcs they’re inflating their own pretty badly

AllForOne

Illustrious
>VsBattles

:doge

GT Goku ain’t multiversal, lol.

When they’re not taking OBD calcs they’re inflating their own pretty badly
Is there any consensus to Goku shaking the Otherworld in Fusion Reborn? I rewatched it recently and it does seem to me as a legit universal feat. I know the DB cosmology can be interpreted for it to be Multiversal though.

They also cite Omega Shenron's statement of being able to destroy the universe as evidence. There's a new system there that allows for over-time attacks to be quantified higher.

Back