Announcement Hall of Fame posts & contributions

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
This thread is also going to be used as a soundboard in the future, any suggestions that gain traction will get polls to determine which direction you guys (any member of the forum) go with this.

1. It must meet specific criteria. Even if a post gets rated positively, the content may not meet the criteria to become part of the One Last Hall Of Fame.
2. The top the donors of the forum will appear in OLHF.
3. Contributions such as: hosting forum contests, posting X amount a week or month, community engagement, unique threads, graphic help, avatar giveaways, and other things will place you in the OLHF. So it isn't just a passive participation reward, either.

Those who donate or become a Hall of Famer (specific criteria for this will be fleshed out, but it basically is a mixture of 2 and 3.
Upon first receiving the OLHF title, users will have a permanent rank/title to note their achievement, and a one month section they design.

I don't understand
A sounding board is a person or group of people who you would pitch an idea to in order to get feedback on the idea.
We're meant give feedback on the Hall of Fame concept she's proposing.

I personally like the ideas here so far.
I'm thinking it could be a monthly thing we could vote on, with eligibility to be on the ballot based on criteria like in 2 and 3.
I don't know how definitive the criteria should be, though. Like we could start with a sort of base number for amount of threads and etc, but will give wiggle room with that based on quality rather than quantity.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i like it too, i think it could be fun plus it could help build the community a bit

think leaving it to voting would be good, the only alternative i can think of is staff making the judgment call but it'd make it feel more personal to the whole if it was a majority vote type deal. and i'm guessing members are the ones who have to submit things that they think would qualify?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Yup, it's all up to you guys.
Of course, I mean the whole forum and not a select few, but most of you here are the more active bunch in regards to the forum structure and maintaining it. OBD tends to stick to its own thing and Musubi has plans for it going forward.

Criteria can also be discussed!
However: There will have to be a compromise between staff and users, with the added benefit of us knowing what might upset/offend users vs what seems like it'll work out

For my vision:
1. I want something to limit votes from people just voting for someone on the basis of being a buddy or to spite vote
2. Users must post a specified amount of contributions so we don't get a jillion Hall of Famers at first (All forum plans are completely flexible and experimental - so we can tweak things when we come up with the overall structure)
3. Should there be tiers?
4. HOFers will be able to also get extra perks like PM space, an event catered to their interests, and other unique prizes. Status bar progress indicator also possible.
5. I prefer an HoF post/poster has to have sincere effort with their contributions, but y'all can discuss this.
6. Contributions to earn the title:
–Engage in community outside your primary preferred section: greet newbies, make guides to OLF culture!, make an effort to make sure that newbies are comfortable, link them to helpful threads and active, currently or usually online staff
All these little gestures add up and encourage a community of openness and transparency, while encouraging the newbie to engage. It also means that we don't have two sizable community splitting off and only having the forum have two active sections rather than several. Nurturing is awesome, I'll try to do this too.
–Host five different forum events
–Reach a minimum of 5k posts (this will be adjusted based on current activity levels)
–Post for 365 straight days (again, can be adjusted, nothing is set in stone)
–Can receive a 1 year prize of their choosing and small 1 month prizes for referring over 100 people or advertising and spreading the word about OLF. T here will be tiers to this one, no worries.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Someone's been a busy bee. Alright, um let me check this out more thoroughly either tomorrow in the afternoon or at night.

Vacation starts Friday so I'll actually have some free time to properly read and think about all this.

Back