SPOILERS HAM [Technicians Manual..]

Threads with the "SPOILER" tag indicate that their are spoilers inside. The OP of the thread and staff are not responsible in the event that someone spoils a topic if the thread was tagged with this prefix beforehand.

Frinckles

Paramount
Yeah I'm working on my license. Mostly because I like trivia nights on the 2m band without being triangulated because I have no call and sometimes I want to know when I'm gonna die.

The biggest hurdle so far has been Ohm's Law. Not because it's complicated, but because everybody randomly uses E as voltage instead of V. Extremely annoying.

Everything else is easy crap my cats can do but in this trying time I thought I'd vent a bit. That's all.

Please lay out your thoughts on ham radio. And if you're a physicist or an electrical engineer, I would love to hear why you guys made it so damn complicated.

P.s. The spoiler is for potential ham manual reading and it also gets attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ral

Frinckles

Paramount
I haven't touched a single Salami book, out of my range

What led you to this career?
Got a radio from the 1940s from my grandpa and not knowing how to use it made me feel stupid since he'd talk about how much fun he had with it as a kid.

All shitposting aside, it's been fun so far listening in. You'd be surprised how many people around you have a license. They also send out these cool cards you can collect.

Back