Hollow Knight Discussion, Feats & Analysis

hollow-knight.png

A general thread of feats and lore of Hollow Knight. There's been a debate if the inhabitants of Hollow Knight are bug size or human size. There is more evidence leading to human size. However, you might wonder why there are weapons called nails and needles, most likely an artistic choice.

Team Cherry's Twitter says that Hornet can cut down a bug from thirty yards.

Quirrel holding a much smaller bug.
DftnGcDVQAE5blg.jpg

In the City of Tears, you can see the raindrops everywhere and even their ripple on the water or sliding down glass panes. They're not huge droplets.
giphy.gif

Hollow Knight - The Knight can destroy this large wall with his old worn blunt Nail at the very beginning of the game.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can destroy deposits of ore.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can destroy stone pillars.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can destroy large wagons.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can cut metal posts in half.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can cut large tusks in half.

Hollow Knight - The Knight is perfectly fine after jumping into this large drop.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can tank this big explosion.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can tank False Knight's body slam.

Hollow Knight - False Knight can create shockwaves with his maul.

Hollow Knight - False Knight can shake the chamber and make rocks or infected husks fall from the ceiling with the force of his strikes.

Hollow Knight - False Knight can obliterate this whole floor.

Hollow Knight - The air of Hallownest makes the bugs insane and memory loss. Most characters would have resistance to this due to them staying for an extended time. Also to do with the Radiance's influence.

Elderbug (First Encounter) said: Ho there, traveller. I'm afraid there's only me left to offer welcome. Our town's fallen quiet you see.

The other residents, they've all disappeared. Headed down that well, one by one, into the caverns below.

Used to be there was a great kingdom beneath our town. It's long fell to ruin, yet it still draws folks into its depths.

Wealth, glory, enlightenment, that darkness seems to promise all things. I'm sure you too seek your dreams down there.

Well watch out. It's a sickly air that fills the place. Creatures turn mad and travellers are robbed of their memories.

Perhaps dreams aren't such great things after all...

Hollow Knight - The Hollow Knight's awakening shook the earth, created a dense fog that consumed Hallownest and riled the creatures up.

Quirrel (Outside the Black Egg second conversation) said: For so long I've felt drawn here. So many tales full of wonders and horrors. No longer could I resist. I just had to see it for myself.

And what a time I chose to arrive! This dead world has sprung to life.

The creatures are riled up and the earth rumbles. The air is thick. I wonder what could have brought it all about?

Snail Shaman (After killing the Elder Baldur) said: Oho! So it's done then, you've slain the beast!

The poor thing! It must have been terrified of you. It used to be quite docile, but the rancid air in these caverns filled it with some ancient rage.

Still, you did what had to be done! You have my gratitude! Of course, we both know you wouldn't have made it through without that spell of mine... Ohoho!

Hollow Knight - The Husk Sentry can cause minor tremors and shockwaves with his strength.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can shatter these crystals to pieces.

Hollow Knight - Hornet creates a minor distortion of air and a sort of shockwave when dashing, can slash with her Needle in some AoE attack that the Needle and her arms look invisible.

Hollow Knight - Hornet has resisted the infection of Hallownest and can cut bugs down 30 yards away with her Needle.
Kickstarter said: Quick with her deadly needle, relentless in battle, Hornet is exploring Hallownest to find the answer to a riddle that has plagued her. She has so far resisted the infection, but will still cut you down if you stand in her path.

You may catch glimpses of Hornet during your exploration of Hallownest, although she always seems to be one or two steps ahead of you. If you do manage to catch up with her, be wary! Her needle can cut a bug down from thirty yards.

Hollow Knight - Chapter 1: Quirrel - Quirrel manages to parry one of Hornet's strikes and blocks her second strike with his mask that retaliated with a bright light. The mask original belonged to Monomon, one of the Dreamers who added protection to the mask.
aChJ6RU.jpeg
yBw5oUE.jpeg

Hollow Knight - The Mantis Lords appear blurred when they dash and move so quickly that they disappear from the Knight's vision. They cover a considerable distance from their thrones to the arena.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A few more notes on both feats and lore.

Using the Crystal Heart, the Hollow Knight flies and create what looks like a sonic boom.
0se2vh9.jpg
gnFgT5L.jpg
GFZvW7x.png
Crystal Heart in action (around 17:09).

The Traitor Lord and Mantis Traitors create what look like sonic booms with their attacks.

Several enemies & obstacles fire beams of light. Said light is referred to as light, travels in a straight line, burns on contact and reflects & refracts. However, as far as I'm aware of, no one actually reacts to any of these attacks.
1zREevz.jpg

dgd3iBW.jpg

KvDiHev.jpg

An example of these light beams (around 20:32 in).

Crystal ore energy is far less dangerous than soul energy.
EGJJPL0.jpg
The Dream Realm is a plane beyond the material world (from the Hollow Knight manual).
dRBRA1t.png
The Dream Realm exists between body and soul.
Bn91vvh.jpg

onqw1mD.jpg
The Dream Nail has the power to cut through the veil between Dream and the Waking World, though the Knight needs to restore its former power after first obtaining it.
GhAGTld.jpg
Using the Dream Realm, the Grimm Troupe traversed across lands and time.
qv8071d.jpg
RQhs0uJ.jpg
The Grimm Troupe shroud themselves in forms dreamed.
48Wg5Vu.jpg

ClQMzMQ.jpg
I'll see what else I can find, though it's been around a year since I played Hollow Knight.

Hollow Knight - Salubra explains that Charms are the souls of bugs, and represent their desires and final wish crystallize into trinkets.
Charm Lover Salubra (When owning 12 Charms or more) said: My dapper gadfly, would you care to know how charms are made? I don't often tell my customers, what with the truth being a little morbid. But you're a sharp one so you may have guessed already.

Few ways a charm appears but mainly it's from final wish, a dying bug's potent desire crystallised into these gorgeous, powerful trinkets.

Now don't go getting too sad. There are exceptions of course, and really, it's quite beautiful, makes them all the more precious. Mmhhmm.

Just think of all the little bug souls that went into creating your collection! It's like a crowd of strangers in your pouch, or purse, or...err....wherever it is you keep them.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can regenerate his health with Hiveblood Charm.

Hiveblood said: Golden nugget of the Hive's precious hardened nectar.

Heals the bearer's wounds over time, allowing them to regain health without focusing SOUL.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can sprout thorny vines when he gets attacked with Thorns of Agony Charm.

Thorns of Agony said: Senses the pain of its bearer and lashes out at the world around them.

When taking damage, sprout thorny vines that damage nearby foes.

Hollow Knight - The Knight's Stalwart Shell Charm makes him temporarily invulnerable for a few seconds.

Stalwart Shell: Builds resilience. When recovering from damage, the bearer will remain invulnerable for longer.

Makes it easier to escape from dangerous situations.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can form a barrier with Baldur Shell and Dreamshield Charms.

Baldur Shell said: Protects its bearer with a hard shell while focusing SOUL.

The shell is not indestructible and will shatter if it absorbs too much damage.

Dreamshield said: Defensive charm once wielded by a tribe that could shape dreams.

Conjures a shield that follows the bearer and attempts to protect them.

Hollow Knight - The Knight can increase his strength, endurance, and durability with these Charms. Fury of the Fallen, Fragile Strength, Fragile Heart, Joni's Blessing, Lifeblood Core, and Lifeblood Heart.

Fury of the Fallen said: Embodies the fury and heroism that comes upon those who are about to die.

When close to death, the bearer's strength will increase.

Unbreakable Strength said: Strengthens the bearer, increasing the damage they deal to enemies with their nail.

This charm is unbreakable.

Unbreakable Heart: Increases the health of the bearer, allowing them to take more damage.

This charm is unbreakable.

Joni's Blessing said: Blessed by Joni, the kindly heretic. Transfigures vital fluids into blue lifeblood.

The bearer will have a healthier shell and can take more damage, but they will not be able to heal themselves by focusing SOUL.

Lifeblood Core said: Contains a living core that bleeds precious lifeblood.

When resting, the bearer will gain a coating of lifeblood that protects from a large amount of damage.

Lifeblood Heart said: Contains a living core that seeps precious lifeblood.

When resting, the bearer will gain a coating of lifeblood that protects from a modest amount of damage.

Last edited:
Hollow Knight - The universe has a substance called Soul, an arcane life force that animates creatures and can be found in the air itself. Soul can be used to cast spells, and the Knight (and all of the inhabitants) can absorb Soul either by taking it by force by other creatures by striking them or Soul Totems.

The Knight has a few spells he can cast, such as Focus, to heal himself.

Focus said: Focus collected SOUL to repair your shell and heal damage.

Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

The Knight can fire a spiritual projectile that burns foes with Vengeful Spirit, later upgraded to Shade Soul fires a shadow spirit projectile.
Vengeful Spirit said: Conjure a spirit that will fly forward and burn foes in its path.

The spirit requires SOUL to be conjured. Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

Shade Soul said: Conjure a shadow that will fly forward and burn foes in its path.

The shadow requires SOUL to be conjured. Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

Can pass through shields and walls.

The Knight can strike the ground with the concentrated force of Soul and create a shockwave with Desolate Dive, later upgraded to Descending Dark.
Desolate Dive said: Strike the ground with a concentrated force of SOUL. This force can destroy foes or break through fragile structures.

The force requires SOUL to be conjured. Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

Descending Dark said: Strike the ground with a concentrated force of SOUL and Shadow. This force can destroy foes or break through fragile structures.

The force requires SOUL to be conjured. Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

The Knight can unleash a wave of energy with a scream with Howling Wraiths, later upgraded to Abyss Shriek.
Howling Wraiths said: Blast foes with screaming SOUL.

The Wraiths requires SOUL to be conjured. Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

Abyss Shriek said: Blast foes with screaming SOUL and Shadow.

The Wraiths requires SOUL to be conjured. Strike enemies to gather SOUL.

With Flukenest Charm instead of firing a Shade Soul, he fires baby flukes instead.

Flukenest said: Living charm born in the gut of a Flukemarm.

Transforms the Vengeful Spirit spell into a horde of volatile baby flukes.

With Glowing Womb Charm he can use Soul to birth hatchlings that rush at enemies and explode on contact.

Glowing Womb said: Drains the SOUL of its bearer and uses it to birth hatchlings.

The hatchlings have no desire to eat or live, and will sacrifice themselves to protect their parent.

Hollow Knight - There is another energy source called Essence, fragments of light that dreams and memories are composed of. Essence can also take the shape of those who have died. The Knight has been given a talisman to use the Dream Nail that creates an ethereal nail that transcends the physical plane, cut through the veil that separates the waking world from dreams. The Knight can use it on people (corpses included) and objects to read thoughts, enter their memories or dream realms, and gain Souls without killing or injuring anyone.
Seer (General Conversation First encounter) said: Those figures, those Dreamers... they reached out with what little power they still have and dragged you into that hidden place.

But that talisman you now wield, the Dream Nail... it can cut through the veil that separates the waking world from our dreams. Even the Dreamers themselves can not hide from such a weapon.

Though I must admit, that sacred blade has dulled over time. Together perhaps, we can restore its power. You only have to bring me Essence.

Essence... the precious fragments of light that dreams are made of. Collect it wherever you find it, and bring it to me. Once we have enough, we can work wonders together.

Go out into the world, Wielder. Hunt down the Essence that lingers there!

Collect 100 Essence and return to me. I will teach you more...

Seer (General Conversation When Xero has not yet been defeated) said: Sometimes dreams take the shape of those who have passed away. Such dreams are bountiful sources of Essence!

You should search carefully near graves and other monuments. Why, I believe I saw an interesting gravestone here in the Resting Grounds.

If you do decide to disturb those dreams though, be prepared for a fight...

Hollow Knight - The Knight can create a Dreamgate using the Dream Nail. He can travel to the dream realm at any time.

Dreamgate said: Allows the wielder to travel instantly through dream.

Hold DOWN while using the Dream Nail to set a Dreamgate. Hold UP while using the Dream Nail to travel to spend 1 Essence and travel to the placed Dreamgate.

Some areas may lack a strong connection to any dream, disallowing use of the Dreamgate.

Seer (Bringing Essence Returning with 900 Essence) said: The Dream Nail now holds 900 Essence within its core! Are you surprised that this old kingdom has so many hidden dreams?

Yes, you're starting to see them. The connections between us and the dreams we leave behind, like prints in the dust. The time has come for you to learn how to revisit the places connected to you!

Hold the Dream Nail tight, wielder, and imagine a great gate opening before you!

Seer (Bringing Essence Returning with 1800 Essence) said: Yes. The time has come. The Dream Nail... And you as well, Wielder. It is time for you both to awaken.

The Essence you have collected...The hope that still remains in this old Kingdom. Pure potential! Let it course through you and into the Dream Nail.

Hold it aloft, Wielder! Awaken!

Ahhhh, ah ha, yes...

No dream can hide itself from you now. You can peer into the darkest places... You just need to find the right crack.

What will you do with such a power, Wielder? Whose memories will you hunt down?

Hah. Do as you wish, my promise is fulfilled. May the crimes of my tribe be washed away in time, like the rest of this Kingdom's...

You also have Nightmare Essence that take the form of flames instead of light, which is unique to the Nightmare Realm and the Grimm Troupe.

Hollow Knight - The Dream Realm in the Hollow Knight universe is a plane beyond the physical world, a space between body and soul containing eternal dreams and memories of beings. Dreams can take shape in the waking world, such as Spirits via ghosts and the Whispering Roots.

xgEwlcl.jpg

Seer (In the Dream First Enocunter) said: What a terrible fate they've visited upon you.

To cast you away into this space between body and soul.

Will you accept their judgement and fade slowly away?

Or will you take the weapon before you, and cut your way out of this sad, forgotten dream?

Seer (In the Dream If the Knight falls off the platform without accepting the Dream Nail) said: Though you may fall, your will shall carry you forward.

A dream is endless, but a Kingdom is not.

The power to wake this world from its slumber... you only need to reach out and take it.

Seer (General Conversation Listening after all Essence from the Whispering Root in the Resting Grounds has been collected and Xero has been defeated) said: This kingdom is full of old memories, both beautiful and grotesque. Seek them out, reveal them, and gather Essence.

Hollow Knight - In the Hollow Knight universe, you have the Higher Beings that are god-like creatures that reside in the kingdom of Hallownest (might be others around the world) that exist above all others with particular abilities and powers common bugs don't have.

Hollow Knight - The Pale King of Hallownest is a Wyrm of is described as a being of light and was able to expand the minds of bugs, giving them sapience. He has the power of foresight, and his power still lingers on even after his death.
White Palace Second Lore Tablet said: No blazing kin. Only one light shall shine against the dark.

The Wyrm becomes beacon, minds expanded
, to yield, to devote.

Eternity in promise and charge in progeny cursed.

Bardoon (First Encounter third conversation) said: Don't mistake. I am not a wyrm... Ohrm... Too small, I am. Too many limbs. No foresight like those old things.

Godseeker (Hallownest Dialogue fourth encounter talking about the Pale King) said:
Even long departed, We feel the afterglow of the God-power that sat this throne... It lays heavy upon this kingdom.

That lingering power alone was beacon enough to draw Us to Hallownest. How bright it must have been to mortal bug stood before it.

Godseeker (Hallownest Dialogue fourth encounter talking about the Pale King second conversation) said: A God so strong... Yet erased so completely. How could it happen?

Hollow Knight - The Pale King, being a Wyrm, used to be much larger, but that form died, and he later transformed into the same size as a regular bug.
02859098d6328c120c01672ebae47c30d02c0404r1-985-554v2_hq.jpg

Bardoon (First Encounter first conversation) said: Ohrm... Tiny thing. You climb high. Seek then knowledge of these lands?

This ashen place is grave of Wyrm. Once told, it came to die. But what is death for that ancient being? More transformation methinks.

This failed kingdom is product of the being spawned from that event.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hollow Knight - You have The White Lady a root, the Queen of Hallownest, and wife of the Pale King. She has an insatiable desire to spread her seeds to propagate herself, which resulted in Vessels being born. The Pale King is the father. Vessels are beings of the Void born in the Abyss. They contain the souls of two beings. The Knight is one of them.
White Lady (Returning) said: Do I seem prisoner here? If so, it's not by any choice but my own. These bindings about me, I've chosen to erect.

There is some shame I feel from my own part in the deed and this method guarantees it cease.

I still feel that urge you see. I always will. A voracious desire to spread seeds upon the land, to propogate sic myself, to breed.

White Palace Second Lore Tablet said: No blazing kin. Only one light shall shine against the dark.

The Wyrm becomes beacon, minds expanded, to yield, to devote.

White Lady (While wearing Grimmchild in its final phase) said: Your companion's eyes burn with a familiar flame... Success then for the scarlet heart, and irony, to use my spawn to grow its own.

I know you creature, and the form time shall bring. You may be all and one, clan and master, but this land shall never bear so foreign a king.

Pale King (After picking up the White Fragment) said: ...Soul of Wyrm. Soul of Root. Heart of Void...

White Lady (After acquiring Kingsoul) said: Ahh! So it bears our once-fractured soul, now complete. Such strength, such resolve, such dedication! Is it more than simply a Vessel? I almost feel like I'm once again in the presence of my beloved Wyrm.

The Kingsoul... What is at the heart of it I wonder? If its curiosity wills it, it should seek out that place.
That place where it was born, where it died, where it began...

Hollow Knight - You have the Radiance, another higher being who created the Moth Tribe and ruled over parts of Hallownest before the Pale King arrived. Her light is described to be brighter than the light from Essence, the substance that dreams are made of. After Hallownest almost entirely forgot her, she started exerting her power through dreams of bugs that lead to the Infection. The Pale King sealed her into the Hollow Knight but was not enough to stop it.
Seer (Bringing Essence Returning with 2400 Essence) said: So much Essence... So bright.... You truly are the Wielder my tribe so long has dreamed of.

The folk of my tribe were born from a light. Light similar to Essence, similar to that powerful blade, though much brighter still.

They were content to bask in that light and honoured it... for a time.

But another light appeared in our world... A wyrm that took the form of a king.

How fickle my ancestors must have been. They forsook the light that spawned them. Turned their backs to it... Forgot it even.

And so this kingdom was born from that betrayal. But the memories of that ancient light still lingered, hush whispers of faith... Until all of Hallownest began to dream of that forgotten light.

Ah, but what's done is done. And so am I. The Wielder has at last appeared and I've held the memories of my tribe for long enough. It is time for us to be forgotten too.

Don't remember us, Wielder. Don't honour us. We do not deserve it...

Aahh... I'm sorry...

Light... Radiance...

I... remember you.

Moss Prophet (First encounter second conversation) said: Light is life, beaming, pure, brilliant. To stifle that light is to suppress nature.

Nature suppressed distorts, plagues us.
Embrace light! Achieve union! Oohh..Ahhh.

Hollow Knight - The Radiance seems to be the sun, unfurls her wings and teleports to the arena. Unfortunately, it's unclear if the Radiance even has a physical form anymore and only exists in the Dream Realm.
radiance.gif

Hollow Knight - The Knight has the Kingsoul charm, a symbol between higher beings, and grants him the ability to absorb souls.
Kingsoul said: Holy charm symbolising a union between higher beings. The bearer will slowly absorb the limitless SOUL contained within.

Opens the way to a birthplace.

Hollow Knight - The Knight does obtain these Pale Ore's to upgrade his Nail. The Pale Ore shares some connection with the Pale Beings via the Pale King.

Last edited:
My Hollow Knight Wanderer's Journal came today. In-game, this book is written by a fictional author Ellina the Chronicler, about her journey, perspective and details of the Kingdom of Hallownest at the same time as the Knight's journey. Basically a novel of her adventures with countless images and descriptions of various characters, enemies, items, environment, locations, etc. Ellina never meets or crosses paths with the Knight in person, they always seem to miss each other, but she has heard about them. This book is apparently canon.

Q72ZE8J.jpg
bf3uBKu.jpg

Last edited:
Hollow Knight - The Void opposes the light and is also referred to as darkness and shadow. This also means that the Void opposes the Higher Beings such as the Radiance and the Pale King who are described as light.
Void Idol Hunter's Journal says: Inspired or mad, those ancient bugs. They devoted their worship to no lord, or power, or strength, but to the very darkness itself.

Hornet (Listening after acquiring the Shade Cloak in the Abyss) says: Ghost. I see you've faced the place of your birth, and now drape yourself in the substance of its shadow.
Though our strength is born of similar source, that part of you, that crucial emptiness, I do not share.
Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope. Within it, I see the chance of change.
A difficult journey you would face, but a choice it can create. Prolong our world's stasis or face the heart of its infection.

White Palace 1st Stone Tablet says: VOID, yours is the power opposed.
But yours is potential, eternity potential, force that could deny Time.
VOID, harness shall be placed upon you.

Seer (Returning with 2400 Essence) says: So much Essence... So bright.... You truly are the Wielder my tribe so long has dreamed of.
The folk of my tribe were born from a light. Light similar to Essence, similar to that powerful blade, though much brighter still.
They were content to bask in that light and honoured it... for a time.
But another light appeared in our world... A wyrm that took the form of a king.
How fickle my ancestors must have been. They forsook the light that spawned them. Turned their backs to it... Forgot it even.
And so this kingdom was born from that betrayal. But the memories of that ancient light still lingered, hush whispers of faith... Until all of Hallownest began to dream of that forgotten light.
Ah, but what's done is done. And so am I. The Wielder has at last appeared and I've held the memories of my tribe for long enough. It is time for us to be forgotten too.
Don't remember us, Wielder. Don't honour us. We do not deserve it...
Aahh... I'm sorry...
Light... Radiance...
I... remember you.

The Radiance Hunter's Journal says: The light, forgotten.
The plague, the infection, the madness that haunts the corpses of Hallownest... the light that screams out from the eyes of this dead Kingdom. What is the source? I suppose mere mortals like myself will never understand.

Hollow Knight - The Void has potential when it's unified, without unity the Void attacks anything indiscriminately.
Shade Beast Dream Nail says: ...Void... Power... Without unity...

LQyYwgY.jpg

Hollow Knight - You have Vessels that are beings of the Void created by the Pale King to stop the Infection. They are the progeny of the Pale King and the spawn of the White Lady. They are basically their children and contain the soul of the two beings.
White Palace 2nd Stone Tablet says: No blazing kin. Only one light shall shine against the dark.
The Wyrm becomes beacon, minds expanded, to yield, to devote.

White Lady (While wearing Grimmchild in its final phase) says: Your companion's eyes burn with a familiar flame... Success then for the scarlet heart, and irony, to use my spawn to grow its own.
I know you creature, and the form time shall bring. You may be all and one, clan and master, but this land shall never bear so foreign a king.

The Pale King (After picking up the White Fragment) says: ...Soul of Wyrm. Soul of Root. Heart of Void...

Hollow Knight - One Vessel was chosen to seal the Radiance within himself, this was Hollow Knight via Pure Vessel. Compare to the other Vessels Hollow Knight is a fully grown adult (going by human size he would be about 10 feet tall)
The Pale King (While ascending the Abyss) says: No cost too great.
No mind to think.
No will to break.
No voice to cry suffering.
Born of God and Void.
You shall seal the blinding light that plagues their dreams.
You are the Vessel.
You are the Hollow Knight.

Hollow Knight Hunter's Journal says: Fully grown Vessel, carrying the plague's heart within its body.
The old King of Hallownest... he must have been desperate to save his crumbling little world. The sacrifices he imposed on others... all for nothing.

Hollow Knight - The Knight is also a Vessel, they were able to obtain the Void Heart and unify the Void. With the Void unified the Knight is able to defeat the Infection.
Void Heart says: An emptiness that was hidden within, now unconstrained. Unifies the void under the bearer's will.
This charm is a part of its bearer and can not be unequipped.

Bardoon (After obtaining the Void Heart) says: Ohhhmmmm... Tiny thing... It evolves beyond that Wyrm. Such union in a single being. A strength before unseen. Would it too challenge nature? It could perhaps defeat it.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Could probably get The Knight’s and Quiche’s pixel height from this image.
nfi5xsr0xre41.jpg

Someone on Reddit got Quirrel's height - 189 pixels, The Knight without horns - 106 pixels, and The Knight with horns - 129 pixels.
Thanks. If I get around to it (no promises, and it could take months) I'll let you know.

Dream No More Ending, which leads into the sequel - The Hollow Knight, in his Shade form helps The Knight kill The Radiance. Hollow Knight rips The Radiance's face while it's being restrained by the Void's tendril. The Knight uses the Void Heart to transform into the Void Entity via Void Given Form and wrecks The Radiance's shit by whacking it with its tendrils. Then the Void drags The Radiance into it.

Embrace the Void Ending - The Knight uses the power of the Void Heart to merge with the Void Entity to become the Void Given Focus. Most likely a separate entity from The Knight. It easily grasps and kills The Absolute Radiance. The Absolute Radiance is far stronger than her regular self. Afterwards, it destroys Godhome, the Godseeker's physical body. While bursting out of her, it started to cover all of Hallownest in darkness. The Void Given Focus looks like it can cross between dimensions via the Dream Realm and the Waking World.

Delicate Flower Ending - If The Knight gifts the Godseeker a Delicate Flower, it will cause the Void Given Focus to disappear. Delicate Flower glows in light even in dark caves. The Void is weak to the light.

After obtaining the Void Heart, Bardoon states The Knight has evolved beyond the Wyrm.
Bardoon (Listening after obtaining the Void Heart): Ohhhmmmm... Tiny thing... It evolves beyond that Wyrm. Such union in a single being. A strength before unseen. Would it too challenge nature? It could perhaps defeat it.

Back