• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

How strong is Infinite Frontier Darkseid

Impulse

Illustrious
So how strong is Darkseid during Infinite Frontier

Where you place him?

zdl7xqocd8m61.jpg

Compare to his other versions like his true form and Soulfire Darkseid

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Terrible writing tier+, equal to PR Beyonder in terribleness, but space Michael Jackson dresses better.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Darkseid should have stayed dead in Final Crisis his metatextual concept literally died tier

Maddie

Acclaimed
Soulfire is weaksauce btw, Godhead >>>

Whatever the hell he fought wasn't the Source, it was just an inbetweener expy that was nothing like what was construed as The Source by the rest of DC

Maddie

Acclaimed
Real Question, is there any reason to read DC after Flashpoint? It seems like DC has been a hot mess for 11 years with brief moments of goodness

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Yea isn't that literally the first thing he says after killing the Quintessence?
Specifically he says he's stronger than he was Pre-Crisis which he's already said twice before during Rebirth. He says that his Godhead (his true form) merged with all his lower physical forms. So Infinite Frontier Darkseid is pretty much Final Crisis Darkseid + the power of every on-screen/panel appearance of Darkseid's physical forms in DC media/comics.

The COIE weakened the New Gods power somehow which is the in universe reason why Darkseid went from such an unbeatable OP chad in pre-crisis to an embarrassing jobbing nerd Post-Crisis. But the events of Convergence/Rebirth/Infinite Frontier re-established previous canon into the main mythos so the New Gods are back to being at the level of power they were during the old school Jack Kirby days hence Darkseid's statement "You made me lesser than I am meant to be."

Maddie

Acclaimed
Specifically he says he's stronger than he was Pre-Crisis which he's already said twice before during Rebirth. He says that his Godhead (his true form) merged with all his lower physical forms. So Infinite Frontier Darkseid is pretty much Final Crisis Darkseid + the power of every on-screen/panel appearance of Darkseid's physical forms in DC media/comics.

The COIE weakened the New Gods power somehow which is the in universe reason why Darkseid went from such an unbeatable OP chad in pre-crisis to an embarrassing jobbing nerd Post-Crisis. But the events of Convergence/Rebirth/Infinite Frontier re-established previous canon into the main mythos so the New Gods are back to being at the level of power they were during the old school Jack Kirby days hence Darkseid's statement "You made me lesser than I am meant to be."
Adding pre-crisis Darkseid or any other version of Darkseid to the Godhead is gonna do absolutely nothing, basically like adding a complementary pea-shooter to an Eclipse SSD.

Also unless the writers are braindead and didn't understand Final Crisis deeply, but Godhead Darkseid is entirely outside the effects of crises and most retcons. Whenever Darkseid or Fourth World itself were affected in cosmic events like COIE, Zero Hour, Potentially in OWaW had Imperiex succeeded, or Infinite Crisis, what was effected were actually merely the emanations/avatars (avatar isn't a correct term for Darkseid) of the Godhead and the Godsphere.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Adding pre-crisis Darkseid or any other version of Darkseid to the Godhead is gonna do absolutely nothing, basically like adding a complementary pea-shooter to an Eclipse SSD.

Also unless the writers are braindead and didn't understand Final Crisis deeply, but Godhead Darkseid is entirely outside the effects of crises and most retcons. Whenever Darkseid or Fourth World itself were affected in cosmic events like COIE, Zero Hour, Potentially in OWaW had Imperiex succeeded, or Infinite Crisis, what was effected were actually merely the emanations/avatars (avatar isn't a correct term for Darkseid) of the Godhead and the Godsphere.
I never said the true forms were affected I said COIE weakened the New Gods as an in universe excuse for why Darkseid went from being a top tier to a below Doomsday level Superman villain. His emanation in Earth-0 is clearly what he was talking about since that's the part of him affected by the universe and post-Rebirth is when he mentioned he was reclaiming his old-school power that he lost from before COIE he mentioned it in Justice League Odyssey when he made Sepulkore, the Wonder Woman grail/jason storyline I think and again here.

Back