• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

I believe it's time I officially participated in the OBD

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Have a series you enjoy? Most activity really takes place discussing the feats of a given franchise anymore, especially if it’s still ongoing

Can’t really advise on matches, mostly ever used those to spread awareness of what dots I connected for the characters.

You’ll find many threads are hard to balance anyway as most franchises were created discretely from each other.

Just have fun with it if this is some kind of shit you enjoy

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
As the title suggests, I believe I am finally ready to take on the OBD!! :osoba

Where do you suggest I start out as a noob? Any tips, advice, etc.?

i believe its officially the time you must be negged first in order to be an obder, and you must take the neg, dont cry about it, ok? -one mil neg, lets go, are you up to this? if yes, i will tell you later more tips/hints to be an obder :mshad

• Lfg
Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
i believe its officially the time you must be negged first in order to be an obder, and you must take the neg, dont cry about it, ok? -one mil neg, lets go, are you up to this? if yes, i will tell you later more tips/hints to be an obder :mshad
Hit me with the 1 mil plus neg bomb, my soul is ready :amazing

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
step 1. read a series called “my hero academia”
step 2. say every other series it faves is wall level

you will be on the path to a true obd elite

• Kratos Grin

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Hit me with the 1 mil plus neg bomb, my soul is ready :amazing

knew it, you aint a wimp like most of the next gen posters, once i recharge, i got you, glad you take the neg and aint complaining :mshad

• MJ Grin

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
@Ral

the neg is sent, and as i said, now welcome to the o bee dee :mshad

first things first

1) what series you like?

2) use the obd guides here to learn the posting stuff, including calcs (you dont need obv to make calcs, just to learn how it goes), etc

3) use the obd wiki as a guide to get an idea (dont hear the nigs who say, it is outdated and blub blub, it has its problems, but to get an overall idea of how strong a verse is, it is just fine)

4) lurk old threads when you got time, in order to get the inside jokes and memes

5) dont sweat about it, with the passage of time, you gonna become better, as long as you dont annoy others or use as canon, your own headcanon, this is just for fun, as you know, in the obd convos, we connect with each other better, we just dont like backstabbers and peeps who dont follow the obd traditions, that is the main thing with the obd, and the peeps who misunderstand and eventually failed to join us, really simple stuff

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Ral

the neg is sent, and as i said, now welcome to the o bee dee :mshad

first things first

1) what series you like?

2) use the obd guides here to learn the posting stuff, including calcs (you dont need obv to make calcs, just to learn how it goes), etc

3) use the obd wiki as a guide to get an idea (dont hear the nigs who say, it is outdated and blub blub, it has its problems, but to get an overall idea of how strong a verse is, it is just fine)

4) lurk old threads when you got time, in order to get the inside jokes and memes

5) dont sweat about it, with the passage of time, you gonna become better, as long as you dont annoy others or use as canon, your own headcanon, this is just for fun, as you know, in the obd convos, we connect with each other better, we just dont like backstabbers and peeps who dont follow the obd traditions, that is the main thing with the obd, and the peeps who misunderstand and eventually failed to join us, really simple stuff
That neg hit so hard, it actually broke my browser for a moment my nig:dead
  1. I'm up for any series, just not the mind-numbingly boring ones. :aizen (Lately, I've been into KLK and MHA, which I've been seeing new threads for here in the OBD., so it works to my favor!)
  2. Math and all that jazz? Yeah, I'm all about it. :LOS
  3. I'm the tech sidekick for @Nevermind on the OBD Wiki. My plan was to fix those pesky broken links and connect them back to their correct articles.
  4. I'm a forum lurker during the day and shitposter during the night, so if you catch me reacting to posts, it's me speed-reading through threads at warp speed!! :osoba
  5. I'm super chill and open-minded about different cultures and backgrounds. So, fitting into the OBD space shouldn't be a problem if I keep doing what I'm known for: positive contributions.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
That neg hit so hard, it actually broke my browser for a moment my nig:dead
  1. I'm up for any series, just not the mind-numbingly boring ones. :aizen (Lately, I've been into KLK and MHA, which I've been seeing new threads for here in the OBD., so it works to my favor!)
  2. Math and all that jazz? Yeah, I'm all about it. :LOS
  3. I'm the tech sidekick for @Nevermind on the OBD Wiki. My plan was to fix those pesky broken links and connect them back to their correct articles.
  4. I'm a forum lurker during the day and shitposter during the night, so if you catch me reacting to posts, it's me speed-reading through threads at warp speed!! :osoba
  5. I'm super chill and open-minded about different cultures and backgrounds. So, fitting into the OBD space shouldn't be a problem if I keep doing what I'm known for: positive contributions.

my negs breaking space/time :wow

don't worry, i can tell, with a bit of research and after scolding you a bit, you gonna fit just fine, once again, welcome to the o bee dee, legit this time, stay chill :mshad

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
as long as you are open minded and show willingness to listen obd advices and tips, its all ok

if you ever tell me though that deku is multiversal and mftl, i will ask for perm obd banning you, not only from olf obd, but from the whole site

:mjlol

• Kratos Grin

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Prepare looking forward for feats that may never happen in your favorite serialization because you want it to be >> Naruto and Bleach in terms of power, and be disappointed even when Oda delivers in terms of story and fights.

• Dead
To put my 2 Cents into this:

1. It's best to pick a series/show you actually like(It can be Anime, Manga, Video Games, Books, Movies, etc.)
You want to do this because it tends to be a grueling exercise if you pick a show you don't like to put it in the OBD's attention or something just to be "That new kid". It also doesn't have to be something everyone likes, just choose what you like.

2. There are plenty of posts that basically tell you how to OBD(i.e. Don't be a spazz and don't try to jump into it to rapidly inflate series because you want them to be X, that's a fast way to piss people off) so look through the post of the main members to get a good grasp on it

3. DO NOT BELIEVE IN ABSOLUTES!(Like a certain few users here do)
To put it into perspective, the biggest pitfall in VS. debates is not realizing that just because there's no roof in one series does not mean it will apply to another. Yhwach's The Almighty, The Endless/Etherion from Rave Master, Imagine Breaker from To Aru, Zen'O from Dragonball Super, Satoru Gojo and Infinity the list goes on and on and on and on.

There is no genuine absolutes in versus debating, there is only the maximum interpretation the ability has done in it's series and no theorycrafting after that. This is done so we don't get pure NLF's(No Limit Fallacies) when it comes to debates and endless stonewalling

4 and finally: Critical Thinking Skills is Required
Critical Thinking is a must in this lobby and sadly, it's a dying art. Too many people end up using animation alone or try and use consistency as the mainline for feats but there's a damn good reason people don't do that and it's due to Critical Thinking.
People know that Authors are not astrophysicists or those who even know basic math depending on the person but there are people who completely fail to take this into account when it comes to the former point I addressed above:

Animation that comes off more fluid and thus "faster" =/= they are actually faster. Trying to use consistency as the basis of feats is terrible because some authors may just have ticks for certain phrases and/or don't legit understand what they are putting up =/= the scope they want to keep.

You must use this to pick feats that make sense(You can pick in every feat and then ask us how to do it but it tends to make sense the more you do it) or otherwise, you can end up degrading series entirely(Like it's seriously easy to make My Hero Academia or Naruto barely Supersonic just like it's easy to overplay feats in Overlord or just as easy to make Nasu's works barely wall level outside of a few characters) off of sheer mistake.

Back