Ichibei Hyosube (Bleach) vs Thanos (MCU)

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Just figured I'd give Bleach's new buffs a little test. :maybe

Mind-set: In-character.
Equipment: Thanos has the Infinity Guantlet and five of the stones (Power, Space, Time, Reality and Mind).

Who takes this?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Actually, wait a minute. MCU Thanos is still FTL iirc.

He should be able to fire off any of the infinity stones’s haxes far before before Ichibei could reach him then.

So yeah. Seems like a blitzstomp (time stone makes it even worse).

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Anime is non-canon so it's not like the dialogue in the new episode would help in anyway.
It's a continuation of the anime's timeline, not the manga's. Kubo's only credited as general supervision the only thing that can really be added is lore stuff like Shinji's bankai

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Thanos still has a speed advantage so he still takes it via blitz/hax. DC/durawise he's probably lower though, idk where MCU sits at anymore

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Uh, each of the stones have been stated through like multiple movies psure that they have universal control over their concept. (for example in endgame apparently taking away the time stone from a timeline can literally cause the timeline to not exist anymore cause time doesn't exist there, IIRC)

Power stone has direct showings of being planet level in GOTG through the flashback of the celestials, Ronan going to destroy the nova planet with it.

Should also be above Ego who created his own moon in GOTG 2.

There is also what if, which has Infinity Ultron who can easily destroy galaxies with the infinity stones power, so while never doing so Thanos, or at least the stones have the capability to output that much power.

Not sure about about uni/galaxy level thanos outside of the snap tbh, especially since we know that Thanos can't use the full power of the stones without damaging himself. but I do think he could probably, output planet levels of power cause chars weaker than him have shown too.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Power stone has direct showings of being planet level in GOTG through the flashback of the celestials, Ronan going to destroy the nova planet with it.

Should also be above Ego who created his own moon in GOTG 2.

There is also what if, which has Infinity Ultron who can easily destroy galaxies with the infinity stones power, so while never doing so Thanos, or at least the stones have the capability to output that much power.

Not sure about about uni/galaxy level thanos outside of the snap tbh, especially since we know that Thanos can't use the full power of the stones without damaging himself. but I do think he could probably, output planet levels of power cause chars weaker than him have shown too.
Apparently GoTG states that the Power Stone’s output is based on the target’s size

Which is why we never see it destroy a planet again. Because their target isn’t planet-sized (….and shouldn’t scale to anyone that survives the Power Stone :LOS)

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Apparently GoTG states that the Power Stone’s output is based on the target’s size

Which is why we never see it destroy a planet again. Because their target isn’t planet-sized (….and shouldn’t scale to anyone that survives the Power Stone :LOS)
Wait really?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member

Which is why we never see it destroy a planet again. Because their target isn’t planet-sized
The Power Stone was not shown to work like that remotely in practice.

Thanos at one point used the Power Stone to torture Thor who in the same movie survived being blasted with the energy of neutron star. By your logic Thor should've completely tanked the Power Stone Energy because he's a "human sized target".

It can clearly use whatever level of power Thanos wills it to use.

Wait really?
Don't buy it.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Wait really?
Yeah, it’s stated in the movie

Gamora: The stone reacts to anything organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge.

Peter Quill: All Ronan's gotta do is touch the stone to the planet's surface and zap. All plants, animals, Nova Corps.

The Power Stone was not shown to work like that remotely in practice.

Thanos at one point used the Power Stone to torture Thor who in the same movie survived being blasted with the energy of neutron star. By your logic Thor should've completely tanked the Power Stone Energy because he's a "human sized target".

It can clearly use whatever level of power Thanos wills it to use.

Don't buy it.
What do you mean my logic? You mean the movie’s logic?

If you want to ignore what’s told, that’s fine. Don’t blame me for bringing up an actual line from the movie. It’s almost like Gunn included it for a reason

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, it’s stated in the movie

What do you mean my logic? You mean the movie’s logic?

If you want to ignore what’s told, that’s fine. Don’t blame me for bringing up an actual line from the movie. It’s almost like Gunn included it for a reason
The problem is the quote doesn’t even prove what you think it does.

Thanos actively controls the Power Stone and can shoot beams with it and shit.

Even in the quote you’re using all it says is the stone passively touching something creates a bigger power surge based on what it’s touching. Nothing about its power actually being limited to that when someone is actively controlling it.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The problem is the quote doesn’t even prove what you think it does.

Thanos actively controls the Power Stone and can shoot beams with it and shit.

Even in the quote you’re using all it says is the stone passively touching something creates a bigger power surge based on what it’s touching. Nothing about its power actually being limited to that when someone is actively controlling it.
“The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge”

The entire point of that quote is to say that it can only destroy a planet if it’s the size of a planet. Anything smaller means it gets less power

Ronan can control the Power Stone too, doesn’t change the fact the quote is still there and in reference to what he can do. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
“The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge”

The entire point of that quote is to say that it can only destroy a planet if the target is a planet. Anything smaller means it gets less power

Ronan can control the Power Stone too, doesn’t change the fact the quote is still there. Why is this so hard to comprehend?
Ronan just put it in a hammer iirc. He doesn’t have anywhere near the control Thanos showcased that I can remember.

It’s the same with the other infinity stones. Thanos’s usage of the reality stone is above almost anything it showed in Thor Dark World. He instantly altered reality of his home planet back to what it looked like when it was thriving and vibrant.

The point of the quote is that’s what happens when the Power Stone is just passively touched against a target. It even says right after “All Ronan’s gotta do is touch the stone to the planet’s surface” which you brought up yourself in the full quote earlier.

Thanos is not just touching the power stone against stuff. He shoots raw beams of pure power stone energy. He can control the output. To pretend otherwise is being willfully ignorant.

Back