• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

If you had control over what the DBS anime/manga did, what would you do?

Wait he said Jiren is barely above SSB??? Why did he beat Goku and Geets ass so hard then??

Because of the novelization that somehow has Vegeta(not Goku, like it's so OOC, it's not even funny) realize that Jiren isn't all that powerful but somehow uses the maximum amount of energy without any real loss of power(Something Goku invented with FPSSJ) meanwhile Goku is basically wondering why should he ever meditate just wants to fight Vegeta.

It's literally so anti-thetical to everything we know, it's best to just ignore it.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Pretty much

Broly and Goku Black have the best designs out of Super antagonists

Jiren is hilariously enough unique since I can’t recall any other jacked grey alien
Jiren is not the only jacked grey alien, there's the engineer from Prometheus

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Jiren is not the only jacked grey alien, there's the engineer from Prometheus
Feel like giving your input on the topic thread, man? Its fine if you're just here to read the responses put down, but I'd like to get as many opinions as possible on this, if I can. Its interesting seeing both the similar and also differing viewpoints.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Because of the novelization that somehow has Vegeta(not Goku, like it's so OOC, it's not even funny) realize that Jiren isn't all that powerful but somehow uses the maximum amount of energy without any real loss of power(Something Goku invented with FPSSJ) meanwhile Goku is basically wondering why should he ever meditate just wants to fight Vegeta.

It's literally so anti-thetical to everything we know, it's best to just ignore it.

So what, its like the "100% of your brain" thing but with Ki?

And didn't SSG require perfect Ki control or something?

SSMG

Just accept the movies are filler and enjoy them for what they are. Life is so much easier this way.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Just accept the movies are filler and enjoy them for what they are. Life is so much easier this way.
They're filler until the anime comes back and most likely remakes them. Not with as good animation, but knowing how some of those Toei writers like to wild out, will probably give us some decent shit. Pretty sure even the worst writer they have could write the Moro and Granolah bar arcs better than Trashtaro and a Toriyama that's clearly phoning it in on the manga front. :mjlol

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Feel like giving your input on the topic thread, man? Its fine if you're just here to read the responses put down, but I'd like to get as many opinions as possible on this, if I can. Its interesting seeing both the similar and also differing viewpoints.

I didt like super as a whole, It has alot of writing problems resulting from it starting off from two movies and as known dbz movies are very lackluster in plot and writing solely focusing on action
so the stuff that should be changed for me is alot

BOG
Change the detail of elder kaioshin being sealed by beerus, makes no sense why elder kai would call him as strong as buu as if was truly the one to seal him. Make it somebody else to seal elder kaioshin

North kaio having part of his planet blown up by beerus is dumb, He could just remake it rendering him destroying it moot so just dont have that be as a plot point

Design super saiyan god better, Not repeating this same point for every form ever so just assume it applies to every arc where a new form appears. Having a new form with just a different hair color is beyond lazy like a super saiyan god should be epic and awesome instead it's just base form goku with red hair

Also have super saiyan god, Be earned instead of just having shenron give it to him pretty much and super saiyan god is a bad name considering what the next form would be so just call the red haired one, Saiyan god then the blue haired one super saiyan god. Makes sense narratively too super saiyan god super saiyan is a fusion between both forms

Also have beerus, Be more kind to goku and have him be friends with him so it sets up for their relationship later on and it makes more sense when he just decides to give up on destroying earth

Also cut the romance with trunks and mai, Makes no sense why a over 30 yr old women would ever date someone as young as trunks make even less sense why bulma wouldt recognize them even when they given their names to them so would just be best to cut them from the movie entirely

Also, Have vegeta's development from the buu saga stay consistent where vegeta admits kakarot is his superior however much like in gt, Have it so that he works to improve himself not to beat kakarot, It would show that they at least respect what came before

ROF
Golden freeza is beyond lazy, it's just final freeza but with gold skin instead of white, I loved how monstrous the third and second forms were being big and huge with one even being based on xenomorph so harken back to that, Make freeza's new more form, more monstrous or anything better then just a lazy recolor of freeza's existing design

Training, Needs to be longer then what 8 months and cut the line about him never training before as that was stupid
Have him train with king cold instead of tagoma, Teasing revving king cold and instead of just doing a gag with a pilaf gang was the biggest wasted opportunity in the movie

Gohan,Tien and the other z fighters struggling with the freeza force needs to be deleted, Have them effortlessly fodderize the entire army showing how much stronger they gotten since the namek days just to have freeza beat them all in the first form both showing the progression of freeza and the z fighters in one instance without much difficulty

Whis, Even being there hurt the stakes as he could just kill freeza at any moment
Have it so him and beerus remain neutral as they supposed to be portrayed, Have beerus maybe even assist freeza in getting a new form while helping goku showing how despite being friendly to goku, he's still a impartial character

Retconing freeza's involvement and motive in the destruction of planet vegeta was beyond stupid, Leave beerus out of the saiyan lore
freeza thought he was the strongest excluding his parents so leave out, The knowledge of buu and beerus as it just creates plot holes with his character

Also vegeta gets the kill on freeza, That was so unnecessary to have goku kill freeza there.
Vegeta literally cried on namek about getting revenge on this guy and the one chance, They have to pay that off they dont

U6

Have the fighters in the arc, Be more fairly matched with one another having vegeta constantly hold back in SSJ2 was stupid

Also dont make monaka, some joke where he just exists to motivate goku, Beerus can do that too so why have monaka

Here's a scene, I would of liked to see imagine hit beat goku because he's really strong and monoka, the mortal to surpass beerus just causally one shots hit. It would showcase how powerful above beerus lv guys are and it would payoff on the hype that was given to the character all the way back in BOG.

Have frost not just be, a coward version of freeza where instead of displaying the evil outright just hides it and schemes
Have him, be the good guy freeza was was initially presented and give him some conflict with vegeta like maybe geets hates frost demons because of what freeza did but seeing frost makes him change his mind on the matter, It would give vegeta much needed character development and humanize the opposing side of the battle

Have champa and beerus, Actually have some backstory which caused the brothers to hate one another also explain how they got to be in separate universes when they are infact siblings
These are big plot points in the show proper yet they are never explained properly, If the conflict between these two siblings are so important that you need a entire arc for it then you should at least bother to explain why are in conflict to begin with

Have, Cabba just know how to transform
Having, him needing to be taught by vegeta creates too many issues further down the line

Also you have a whole new universe and they just use super saiyan like any other saiyan, Do something different like literally anything else maybe give them partial ozzaru transformations or something like how jinchuriki are able to make parts of their bodies into parts of the bjuu

Also as a overall point, Have buu actually participate in these tournaments or just dont have him involved at all
I get he can one shot with candy beam or absorb people but write around that instead being a lazy hack maybe the foe can reflect magic attacks so buu has to think with his head, Wow 21 yr old on the internet figured out how to handle buu in fights in two seconds versus a entire team of writers how sad

Also piccolo standing around, To charge his special beam cannon was tactically very stupid as he could of got hit very easily, It's so weird too like he has the hellzone grenade and demon wave blast, You can make him do other things aside from that one move
So just change that fight so that he uses more then just that move

Would of just made a show following the end of gt instead, focusing on the next generation dealing with threats ontop of whatever drama that the characters have, maybe goten has to contend with his social life versus his responsibility as earth's guardian, Just a idea though​

Infinitely more interesting then dbs and anything toei and toyotaro have made up but whatever, It sells so they dont care about quality

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I didt like super as a whole, It has alot of writing problems resulting from it starting off from two movies and as known dbz movies are very lackluster in plot and writing solely focusing on action
so the stuff that should be changed for me is alot

BOG
Change the detail of elder kaioshin being sealed by beerus, makes no sense why elder kai would call him as strong as buu as if was truly the one to seal him. Make it somebody else to seal elder kaioshin

North kaio having part of his planet blown up by beerus is dumb, He could just remake it rendering him destroying it moot so just dont have that be as a plot point

Design super saiyan god better, Not repeating this same point for every form ever so just assume it applies to every arc where a new form appears. Having a new form with just a different hair color is beyond lazy like a super saiyan god should be epic and awesome instead it's just base form goku with red hair

Also have super saiyan god, Be earned instead of just having shenron give it to him pretty much and super saiyan god is a bad name considering what the next form would be so just call the red haired one, Saiyan god then the blue haired one super saiyan god. Makes sense narratively too super saiyan god super saiyan is a fusion between both forms

Also have beerus, Be more kind to goku and have him be friends with him so it sets up for their relationship later on and it makes more sense when he just decides to give up on destroying earth

Also cut the romance with trunks and mai, Makes no sense why a over 30 yr old women would ever date someone as young as trunks make even less sense why bulma wouldt recognize them even when they given their names to them so would just be best to cut them from the movie entirely

Also, Have vegeta's development from the buu saga stay consistent where vegeta admits kakarot is his superior however much like in gt, Have it so that he works to improve himself not to beat kakarot, It would show that they at least respect what came before

ROF
Golden freeza is beyond lazy, it's just final freeza but with gold skin instead of white, I loved how monstrous the third and second forms were being big and huge with one even being based on xenomorph so harken back to that, Make freeza's new more form, more monstrous or anything better then just a lazy recolor of freeza's existing design

Training, Needs to be longer then what 8 months and cut the line about him never training before as that was stupid
Have him train with king cold instead of tagoma, Teasing revving king cold and instead of just doing a gag with a pilaf gang was the biggest wasted opportunity in the movie

Gohan,Tien and the other z fighters struggling with the freeza force needs to be deleted, Have them effortlessly fodderize the entire army showing how much stronger they gotten since the namek days just to have freeza beat them all in the first form both showing the progression of freeza and the z fighters in one instance without much difficulty

Whis, Even being there hurt the stakes as he could just kill freeza at any moment
Have it so him and beerus remain neutral as they supposed to be portrayed, Have beerus maybe even assist freeza in getting a new form while helping goku showing how despite being friendly to goku, he's still a impartial character

Retconing freeza's involvement and motive in the destruction of planet vegeta was beyond stupid, Leave beerus out of the saiyan lore
freeza thought he was the strongest excluding his parents so leave out, The knowledge of buu and beerus as it just creates plot holes with his character

Also vegeta gets the kill on freeza, That was so unnecessary to have goku kill freeza there.
Vegeta literally cried on namek about getting revenge on this guy and the one chance, They have to pay that off they dont

U6

Have the fighters in the arc, Be more fairly matched with one another having vegeta constantly hold back in SSJ2 was stupid

Also dont make monaka, some joke where he just exists to motivate goku, Beerus can do that too so why have monaka

Here's a scene, I would of liked to see imagine hit beat goku because he's really strong and monoka, the mortal to surpass beerus just causally one shots hit. It would showcase how powerful above beerus lv guys are and it would payoff on the hype that was given to the character all the way back in BOG.

Have frost not just be, a coward version of freeza where instead of displaying the evil outright just hides it and schemes
Have him, be the good guy freeza was was initially presented and give him some conflict with vegeta like maybe geets hates frost demons because of what freeza did but seeing frost makes him change his mind on the matter, It would give vegeta much needed character development and humanize the opposing side of the battle

Have champa and beerus, Actually have some backstory which caused the brothers to hate one another also explain how they got to be in separate universes when they are infact siblings
These are big plot points in the show proper yet they are never explained properly, If the conflict between these two siblings are so important that you need a entire arc for it then you should at least bother to explain why are in conflict to begin with

Have, Cabba just know how to transform
Having, him needing to be taught by vegeta creates too many issues further down the line

Also you have a whole new universe and they just use super saiyan like any other saiyan, Do something different like literally anything else maybe give them partial ozzaru transformations or something like how jinchuriki are able to make parts of their bodies into parts of the bjuu

Also as a overall point, Have buu actually participate in these tournaments or just dont have him involved at all
I get he can one shot with candy beam or absorb people but write around that instead being a lazy hack maybe the foe can reflect magic attacks so buu has to think with his head, Wow 21 yr old on the internet figured out how to handle buu in fights in two seconds versus a entire team of writers how sad

Also piccolo standing around, To charge his special beam cannon was tactically very stupid as he could of got hit very easily, It's so weird too like he has the hellzone grenade and demon wave blast, You can make him do other things aside from that one move
So just change that fight so that he uses more then just that move

Would of just made a show following the end of gt instead, focusing on the next generation dealing with threats ontop of whatever drama that the characters have, maybe goten has to contend with his social life versus his responsibility as earth's guardian, Just a idea though​

Infinitely more interesting then dbs and anything toei and toyotaro have made up but whatever, It sells so they dont care about quality

Don't like the Hit getting one-shot thing, but overall seems good. Like most of what I'm reading here more than what we got, that's for sure. :mjlol

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Don't like the Hit getting one-shot thing, but overall seems good. Like most of what I'm reading here more than what we got, that's for sure. :mjlol

Assuming they kept monaka as a big strong guy even better then beerus then having it so that he one shots, the guy who beat goku would show how truly impressive that this new character would really be
Suppose you could change it out for frost and just make him, Very competent at fighting

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Vegeta says it in the movie too

Maddie

Acclaimed
Freeza isn't even on Earth in my rewrite until the final battle. He realizes training won't be enough and finds a source for Godly Chi and once he gets it Goku and Freeza fight each other across the universe until reaching Earth.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Feel like bumping this thread, can't believe it's been a year.

How is the idea of delaying SSJB to the Goku Black arc sound? Like in RoF he uses SSJ3 mostly and has to force himself back to SSJG, and only by U6 can he go SSJG easily

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I wish it had been this nibbo instead

F8NedRwW4AAqN5G

• lul
Reactions: Ral

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Unlike all those other mediocre shonens out there, Dragon Ball doesn’t need to have a recurring villain.

Back