Iori Miyamoto (Fate/Samurai Remant) vs Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night).

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Battle of the Fate MCs!

So I’ve been watching an LP of the new Fate Game. And the LPer just recently got to the part where
Iori and his Master Musashi have a duel to the death to send her off properly. And it struck me not just that Iori as a human beat a servant, but that he did it by one-upping Sasaki Kojiro’s Noble Phantasm with six strikes instead of 3 due to his dual sword style he inherited from Musashi.

As a
fellow Fate MC who has managed to beat a servant through their own power (I know there’s more than these two, but Shirou’s the OG)
I’m curious how they stack up against each other.

Scenario 1: Fate Route Shirou
Scenario 2: Unlimited Blade Works Route Shirou
Scenario 3: Heaven's Feel Route Shirou

Bonus Scenario: If Iori wins the majority of scenarios, who’s the most powerful Fate MC across all the series that he can beat?

Setting: Ryuudou Temple

Last edited:

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Probably... Iori beats Fate Shirou . The UBW armor and Avalon should help Shirou survive for some time but he'd probably get overwhelmed by Iori's different swords styles and magecraft spam ultimately not being able to survive TG or project Caliburn.

UBW Shirou is 50/50

HF Shirou should win more ofthen than not as long as Shirou doesn't act the retard and NP spam for attack and Rho Ayas for defense against TG, tho idk if that would work .

Last edited:

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
project Caliburn.
Is Iori faster than Herakles in the middle of swinging his arm for a killing blow?

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment overall, just nitpicking whether he should be able to project his main weapon from the route or not given the circumstances he had done so. Him not doing so with Kirei and Nasu needing to arbitrarily suggest he needed a minute during that confrontation when Shirou previously projected it quicker against a vastly stronger and faster opponent.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Is Iori faster than Herakles in the middle of swinging his arm for a killing blow?
Iori's best stuff come from being fast enough to fight evenly with Musashi and Takeru by his lonesome and i guess taking Musashi by surprise with his version of TG where she couldn't really react to it.

He doesn't have anything super specific like Shirou's reaction to Herk .

just nitpicking whether he should be able to project his main weapon from the route or not given the circumstances he had done so. Him not doing so with Kirei and Nasu needing to arbitrarily suggest he needed a minute during that confrontation when Shirou previously projected it quicker against a vastly stronger and faster opponent.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the speed to do so, i was thinking more on the lines of him being overwhelmed or concentrating solely on defense since Iori has options of long,mid and close range at his disposal .

For example in his Void Stance, he's basically Vergil from DMC spamming Judgement Cuts .

Proto234

Distinguished
For Bonus Scenario
Fujimaru: Discounting Shadow servants, should be no issue
Sieg: Lol Fafnir GG
Kerry: Probably Iori, though Origin Bullet can pose a threat
Hakuno: Dunno
Gray: Rhongo or bust, unless she has more feats on later novel
Ayaka: Never watch strange fake

King of time

Exceptional
For Bonus Scenario