0vfmaA3.png

Don't get me started on VF... :blobfacade
vtnmIZB.png

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
response time is better here i saw that when i log around here .

FV lags way too much when i load . Clearly shows mbxx no longer takes care of his site.
He simply isn't using external services like Cloudflare to serve his site, so you are essentially directly pinging his actual VPS in Germany (hosting provider is Hetzner, which is pretty poppin' over here, but far af) each time you visit the forum. Notice how once I switched from my host's shitty nameservers to CF, the site became zippity zoop in a matter of minutes :skully

Two things are at play now when we switched to CF though, if you're into the technical stuff:
  1. Cloudflare will always cache a real-time version of the forum, so by the time to visit another page, you won't even notice how long it took to load half of the time.
  2. This switch greatly benefits guests as user's who are already registered have most of the XF-related resources cached in the database, tied to each user account. However, with guests, they have to cache forum resources/assets each time they visit, like bots/spiders for instance.
I am also hoping to switch us to a VPS, so that I can take advantage of services such as ElasticSearch to make searching for things on the forum a lot more dynamic.

I am such a fucking nerd, I know, ty all for supporting my nerdiness :pepesip

Pericolo

Illustrious
Is there such a thing as your brain producing a giant dome of static due to how dumb you are and information trying its best to enter said dome

I have the biggest dome and triple rashomon that shit

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Is there such a thing as your brain producing a giant dome of static due to how dumb you are and information trying its best to enter said dome

I have the biggest dome and triple rashomon that shit
Your brain has been tormented and exposed to Mbitch's dumbness for far too long; I dunno if I can save you at this point, Kenneth :catsad

Pericolo

Illustrious
Your brain has been tormented and exposed to Mbitch's dumbness for far too long; I dunno if I can save you at this point, Kenneth :catsad
WHAT IS TECHNOLOGY
we used sticks for ours
long ones
they were twice the size of a man

• Informative
Reactions: Ral
Back