• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

JuJutsu Kaisen Feats/Canon/ Tier list discussion thread: Panda > Your favorite Bear!

Who will be the strongest EoS?

• Megumi

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Gojo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Itadori

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Also if accepted would give Gojo's infinity the ability scan and effect subatomic particles, cause electrons are smaller than atoms.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

Top most panel here provides the context, that Jogo's creating the meteor from shit he's melting like the concrete and steel frames of the skyscrapers.

Anime made it more explicit, but it was apparently alluded to in the manga vaguely enough to be justified?

Go figure.

Well, we do know that it hit the Shibuya Stream, so that's neat.

Yay real world bull shit.

QBQnkZT.jpg

Would it kill someone to have a better shot of the damn thing?

Work with what shitty frame of reference I have I guess.

Shibuya Stream = 2360 pixels
Shibuya Stream Section = 139 pixels

Shibuya Stream Section/Shibuya Stream = 0.059

Shibuya Stream = 180 meters (here)
Shibuya Stream Section = 10.62 meters

Ypt9Jey.png

Shibuya Stream Section = 120 pixels
Meteor Diameter 1 = 670 pixels
Meteor Diameter 2 = 844 pixels

Meteor Diameter 1/Shibuya Stream Section = 5.583
Meteor Diameter 2/Shibuya Stream Section = 7.033

Meteor Diameter 1 = 59.291 meters
Meteor Diameter 2 = 74.69 meters

Well, that's about what I was expecting when I saw how small of a skyscraper the Shibuya Stream is :hm

Volume = (4/3)PIr1^2r2

r1 = (Meteor Diameter 1)/2
r2 = (Meteor Diameter 2)/2

Meteor Volume = 137,410.021 m^3

7,309.87 j/cc (here; steel melting, as it would be melting not only concrete, but the steel in the frames, to create the meteor)

Jogo's Gokunoban・In Yield = 1,004,449,390,207,270 joules or 240.069 kilotons

So... comparable to Uraume/Sukuna's ice related shit *shrugs*

Neat

Jogo's Gokunoban・In Yield = 240.069 kilotons

Last edited:

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

Because why not?

oPmhUck.png

uNg6Og5.gif
4QeT2VV.gif

I found a spot that met the 8000 meters+ depth, dunno if the raw said anything about the deepest depth or not. I'm not splitting hairs over that.

Obviously the Earthquake was felt in Saitama, apparently the Kiroko Mine shit is exclusive to Ogawa (here; ctrl + f kiroko) if that link is anything to go by? Ergo, that's what I stuck with.

Distance Between Gojo and Friends ~= 277.87 Kilometers

The second equation to find the actual magnitude from the apparent magnitude shall be used given this distance falls in the 60 kilometers < R < 700 kilometers described in the second image under the spoiler.

Effective Magnitude = Magnitude - 0.0048(Distance Between Gojo and Friends) - 1.1644

You could argue for somewhere between a IV or a V. It's clearly felt rather heavily by everyone outdoors, so I'd err towards V? I'm happy to hear arguments otherwise.

I'll give a range anyway.

Effective Magnitude (Low End) = 4
Effective Magnitude (Middle End) = 4.5
Effective Magnitude (High End) = 5

Ergo?

Magnitude (Low End) = 6.498
Magnitude (Middle End) = 6.998
Magnitude (High End) = 7.498

Which means?

Magnitude = 0.67(log10(Energy of Impactor) - 5.87

recall also that logb(X) = y

and that B^y = X

X being the Energy of Impactor

Thus?

Energy of Impactor (Low End) = 10^18.46 = 2,884,031,500,000,000,000 joules
Energy of Impactor (Middle End) = 10^19.206 = 16,069,413,000,000,000,000 joules
Energy of Impactor (High End) = 10^19.952 = 89,536,477,000,000,000,000 joules

There is no impactor (I'm just using the conventions from the page I'm citing), but I need that to derive the 10^-4 of its energy that will actually tell us how much seismic energy was caused by Gojo so... eh.

So, divide the derived energy by 10,000 to get...

Satoru Gojo's Raw Power Yield (Low End) = 288,403,150,000,000 joules or 68.93 kilotons
Satoru Gojo's Raw Power Yield (Middle End) = 1,606,941,300,000,000 joules or 384.068 kilotons
Satoru Gojo's Raw Power Yield (High End) = 8,953,647,700,000,000 joules or 2.14 megatons

Neat.

Final Tally

Satoru Gojo's Raw Power Yield (Low End) = 68.93 kilotons
Satoru Gojo's Raw Power Yield (Middle End) = 384.068 kilotons
Satoru Gojo's Raw Power Yield (High End) = 2.14 megatons

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

Br0PXVF.png

Over 203 meters = 178 pixels
Ice Diameter = 83 pixels
Ice Depth = 77 pixels

Ice Diameter/Over 203 meters = 0.466
Ice Depth/Over 203 meters = 0.433

Ice Diameter = 94.598 meters
Ice Depth = 87.899 meters

Volume = (2/3)PIr1^2r2

r1 = Ice Diameter/2
r2 = Ice Depth

Ice Volume = 411,648.219 m^3

2,260 j/cc

Ryomen Sukuna/Uraume's Cursed Energy Yield = 930,324,974,940,000 joules or 222.353 kilotons

Which as a reminder, would not have been sufficient to breech Gojo's Infinity. Anything enhanced by Blue, Red, and Purple get the nod I suppose.

Still no notable speed feats beyond maybe baseline hypersonic though

Final Tally

Ryomen Sukuna/Uraume's Cursed Energy Yield = 222.353 kilotons

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
The Feat

Because it's pretty straight forward and I felt like it :hm

Also just kind of solid gap filling given Inumaki's pretty stuck at Grade 2 even 1 year later?

zqNjXuJ.png

Foreground

Panda = 146 pixels
Tile = 536 pixels

Tile/Panda = 3.671

Panda = 1.9 meters (here)
Tile = 6.975 meters

Background (Middle of Crater)

Tile = 301 pixels
Crater Diameter = 873 pixels

Crater Diameter/Tile = 2.9

Crater Diameter = 20.228 meters

Background (Behind Crater)

Tile = 226 pixels
Crater Depth = 212 pixels

Crater Depth/Tile = 0.938

Crater Depth = 6.543 meters

Volume = PIr^2*H (what we see of it looks like a cylinder)

r = Crater Diameter/2
H = Crater Depth

Crater Volume = 2,101.612 m^3

200 j/cc

Toge Inumaki's "Plummet" Yield = 420,322,400,000 joules or 100.459 tons

I may or may not do more as I feel like it. This was pretty brain dead to do.

Final Tally

Toge Inumaki's "Plummet" Yield = 100.459 tons

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Top most panel here provides the context, that Jogo's creating the meteor from shit he's melting like the concrete and steel frames of the skyscrapers.

Anime made it more explicit, but it was apparently alluded to in the manga vaguely enough to be justified?

Go figure.

Well, we do know that it hit the Shibuya Stream, so that's neat.

Yay real world bull shit.

QBQnkZT.jpg

Would it kill someone to have a better shot of the damn thing?

Work with what shitty frame of reference I have I guess.

Shibuya Stream = 2360 pixels
Shibuya Stream Section = 139 pixels

Shibuya Stream Section/Shibuya Stream = 0.059

Shibuya Stream = 180 meters (here)
Shibuya Stream Section = 10.62 meters

Ypt9Jey.png

Shibuya Stream Section = 120 pixels
Meteor Diameter 1 = 670 pixels
Meteor Diameter 2 = 844 pixels

Meteor Diameter 1/Shibuya Stream Section = 5.583
Meteor Diameter 2/Shibuya Stream Section = 7.033

Meteor Diameter 1 = 59.291 meters
Meteor Diameter 2 = 74.69 meters

Well, that's about what I was expecting when I saw how small of a skyscraper the Shibuya Stream is :hm

Volume = (4/3)PIr1^2r2

r1 = (Meteor Diameter 1)/2
r2 = (Meteor Diameter 2)/2

Meteor Volume = 137,410.021 m^3

7,309.87 j/cc (here; steel melting, as it would be melting not only concrete, but the steel in the frames, to create the meteor)

Jogo's Gokunoban・In Yield = 1,004,449,390,207,270 joules or 240.069 kilotons

So... comparable to Uraume/Sukuna's ice related shit *shrugs*

Neat

Jogo's Gokunoban・In Yield = 240.069 kilotons

Wasn't this 174 kt before?

Eztephan

Illustrious
Well, i do some calcs of JJK in my free time. Any correction or advise is welcomed.

This one using the constant of the lightning density, to get the amps of the lightning and use that to get the watts and joules per second.

And this another one using the several perspective that the anime show in the episode 17, to measure the energy generated for the vaporization of the area.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
This one using the constant of the lightning density, to get the amps of the lightning and use that to get the watts and joules per second.
Call me a skeptic, but why not calculate these IRL strikes the same way?

Gonna hazard a guess the surface area being measured probably doesn't reflect the surface area of the actual plasma cross section, but rather how luminous it is :hm
And this another one using the several perspective that the anime show in the episode 17, to measure the energy generated for the vaporization of the area.
We already know the crater diameter can't exceed the stated size of Malevolent Shrine as Sukuna was ensuring to not let his fight spill out and kill Megumi. Which given your diameter is based on a shortened view of the height? Probably why you ended up with a larger diameter than the stated one. You could have used the roads instead as this is an IRL location, but all the same we know its diameter from the stated narration and supplemental material corroboration.

QcXNyS9.jpg
1gRx4uF.jpg
1BHmGkH.png

Not really sold on how you got the volume, especially when not a single building, ergo matter to be vaporized, has a height remotely matching the crater diameter you derived nor the stated crater diameter. We know the buildings in the area, if you want to try getting a mass vaporized for them try digging for some official schematic type shit. Or ignore the buildings and work with the shallow crater in the interim.

I think you can rework Fuga just fine, but I don't think the lightning one is going to pan out :hm

Last edited:

Eztephan

Illustrious
Call me a skeptic, but why not calculate these IRL strikes the same way?
I only used the formula to get the Amps and watts for a lighning with that dimension and using the lowest time for the duration. But as you can think it had some problems when you apply that real world numbers into powah levelzz of fictional characters. But if we come to that IRL bolts some of them had and area of centimeters between 2 or 3, like the one of the tree and the energy was realized in 0.2 seconds or even less.

Also you had article like this one explaining the science behind the energy output of a lightning bolt and how the real ones tends to loose part of the energy between them travel and hit a body, and how the tinny area of them and short duration affect the output.

But being skeptic about that is cool, cuz can help to get a more proper result. And i only do some free time math's and physics, so i can miss some parts, and other opinions can help to improve. And i had my own problems with this one, cuz it doesn't show how look the lightning stroke after land to the earth and that part is important to get a full size diameter and how it looks.
We already know the crater diameter can't exceed the stated size of Malevolent Shrine as Sukuna was ensuring to not let his fight spill out and kill Megumi. Which given your diameter is based on a shortened view of the height? Probably why you ended up with a larger diameter than the stated one. You could have used the roads instead as this is an IRL location, but all the same we know its diameter from the stated narration and supplemental material corroboration.
Well in the episode is showed that in the area that Megumi wasn't be, Sukuna using Fuga burn down all in that part even outside the "area of the DE" and Fuga mere casting was melting the surround area affected by the DE.

And that was from after shot the arrow.

But, i probably miss some parts and that area can form part of the radius of 140 meters, also you think is possible to get the angular distance of this, cuz using the buildings with that perspective is complicated and i can miss some information and getting lower values of that considering that also i thinking about get the value of heating up the air in all that area and muliply that with the other value, what you think about that?

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I only used the formula to get the Amps and watts for a lighning with that dimension and using the lowest time for the duration. But as you can think it had some problems when you apply that real world numbers into powah levelzz of fictional characters.
I know what you did, I'm asking do you think the IRL examples compare to to your rather small diameter cross section given several IRL bolts come within spitting distance of what you're measuring.
But if we come to that IRL bolts some of them had and area of centimeters between 2 or 3, like the one of the tree and the energy was realized in 0.2 seconds or even less.
MbEvsEr.png
wbIYd25.png
eyiu56H.png

The circled are vehicles. You're not really getting my concern here dude. What we're able to perceive, be it flash or the actual cross section is not just some order of centimeters squared. You can compare what was caught on this random YouTube short I found to illustrate a point to what you measured directly.

Am I to think that these were some order of kiloton to megaton too? Or are they just common IRL representations of lightning that fall well short?

How about the tree one?
QXYmcMa.png
s9uBrnb.png
R9HaXfz.png

I wouldn't trust the sight we get of the cross section is all I'm looking at here as at their brightest they can measure to some fraction the size generated by Nue to directly comparable, yet we know IRL bolts aren't nearly that energetic.
Also you had article like this one explaining the science behind the energy output of a lightning bolt and how the real ones tends to loose part of the energy between them travel and hit a body, and how the tinny area of them and short duration affect the output.
Yeah, part, and the range of average electrical energy they offered varied from 10^7 to 10^10 joules for your bog standard lightning.

All I'm asking is you clear up the justification to use the cross section you're measuring, because that doesn't seem like a reliable visual IRL, so why would I translate that to fiction too?
Well in the episode is showed that in the area that Megumi wasn't be, Sukuna using Fuga burn down all in that part even outside the "area of the DE" and Fuga mere casting was melting the surround area affected by the DE.

And that was from after shot the arrow.

Which was all occurring within the diameter of Malevolent Shrine. The anime did not change anything about this. The final aerial shot of the dark spot is quite literally the crater Yuji is staring at, which was the restricted 280 meters in diameter the manga and anime narrated for us.
But, i probably miss some parts and that area can form part of the radius of 140 meters, also you think is possible to get the angular distance of this, cuz using the buildings with that perspective is complicated and i can miss some information and getting lower values of that considering that also i thinking about get the value of heating up the air in all that area and muliply that with the other value, what you think about that?
It's not that deep, you know the building, you can just google maps/earth that location and get a size for street diameter in the shot, or find something that discusses the building's parameters beyond height.

Or just go with what we know, that the stated diameter of the Shrine was 280 meters and leave it with that and try and figure out a depth.

Back