• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Loki Who Remains (MCU) vs DCEU, Arrowverse, and Foxverse

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
So the last episode of Loki season 2 was pretty fucking insane.

He essentially destroys a device (the temporal loom) that could temporarily hold back infinitely increasing timelines, and proceeds to gather the dying branches (physically pulling them and forcing them together at certain points) and basically form them into a version of the World Tree of Yggdrasil breathing life back into them with his own power.

There's a bit more (due to gaining control over his time slipping powers he can pause and rewind time even in the middle of a timeline unraveling. Can pause time for an individual person. Can BFR them while they're paused. Can use all of these powers in the TVA despite it existing outside of time and time not being supposed to exist there, and any of the changes he makes to his past have no effect on him)

Scenario 1: Gauntlet Style in each verse.
Scenario 2: Takes each verse on all at once, except they're invading the Citadel at the End of Time where he's holding all the timelines together.

Last edited:

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Is there anything in there that's actually multiversal to any extent or is it just some high level time manip? Because in the vast majority of cases timelines =/= universes, else we'd have to start classifying way more series as being uni/multiversal if that were the case. Though even if it is just time manipulation it'd be some pretty intense shit regardless.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Is there anything in there that's actually multiversal to any extent or is it just some high level time manip? Because in the vast majority of cases timelines =/= universes, else we'd have to start classifying way more series as being uni/multiversal if that were the case. Though even if it is just time manipulation it'd be some pretty intense shit regardless.
ive never really gotten this stance
other than like maybe dragon ball, when is that the case? a timeline still contains space, planets, stars etc. I’ve never understood why destroying one is less impressive than destroying something namedropped as a universe. Unless it’s one of those fictions that really goes into the timeline just being a flow of time or sequence of events (which I can’t think of any examples of off top), most series I know of just use it interchangeably with alternate realities.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
The fact that as shown in Endgame each timeline has their own set of Infinity Stones (stones that were created by the big bang and can affect the entire universe when wielded together) and that if a stone is taken and not eventually returned it dooms the timeline pretty much shows that the scope of each timeline has to be about the same as the main one that we are following.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
The location of the TVA makes this confusing. Because he didn't grow to multiversal size unless the TVA is (like the Godsphere in DC which is possible but not really delved into) it's more like he's grabbing the strands of time in each universe and invigorating them with his energy to give them a chance at freedom and to live. There's not really much explanation for what he's doing beyond that and I'm not sure how he could utilize that for combat purposes.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
The location of the TVA makes this confusing. Because he didn't grow to multiversal size unless the TVA is (like the Godsphere in DC which is possible but not really delved into) it's more like he's grabbing the strands of time in each universe and invigorating them with his energy to give them a chance at freedom and to live. There's not really much explanation for what he's doing beyond that and I'm not sure how he could utilize that for combat purposes.
Why would he need to grow to multiversal size? This feels like an AOE=DC argument. The fact that the branches are physical manifestations of the timelines makes their size within the TVA irrelevant (though the TVA is supposed to exist outside of time anyway).

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Because he is physically grabbing the literal timelines themselves like their strings
This isn’t that hard of a concept to understand. When there’s shit like Superboy Prime shattering reality like panes of glass do people question the size? No. Cause you know it’s a physical representation where the true weight lies within.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
ive never really gotten this stance
other than like maybe dragon ball, when is that the case? a timeline still contains space, planets, stars etc. I’ve never understood why destroying one is less impressive than destroying something namedropped as a universe. Unless it’s one of those fictions that really goes into the timeline just being a flow of time or sequence of events (which I can’t think of any examples of off top), most series I know of just use it interchangeably with alternate realities.
A single timeline in Dragon Ball contains the entire multiverse + all those other dimensions

Generally speaking you’d need feats to assume a timeline is the same as a universe but here it probably applies

Great Potato

Preeminent

Each of those strands represents a branched timeline. The entirety of the TVA and loom was to preserve the sacred timeline and clip every branch that stemmed from it, those branches should naturally include the Raimi & Sony Spiderverse, the What If... universes, as well as the timeline Loki came from which was the Avengers 2012 branch from Endgame.

We've visited these branches to know what they represent and Loki is single handedly providing the energy to sustain the infinite amount of growing branches that had overloaded the original Temporal Loom.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Ehhh given the context for the MCU specifically I can see where timeline = universe stuff comes from

I just don't agree with the notion that we should start applying that logic to other series unless they have any similar context to back it up 🤷‍♂️

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
I think Arrowverse retconned their CoIE from being the birth of 2 or 3 new universes to the birth of infinite new universes. So, Spectre Olly and the Monitors might be too much for Loki. Other than that, he clears.

Honestly, peak Ezra Flash is probably a legitimate threat. The side effects of his tampering were causing whole universes to crash into each other, and he wasn't even trying. He probably couldn't take the win as he is now, though.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I always look at it like the universe is the the tree and the branches are timelines you know the simple retard way

So the DC would depend on if you chop the tree down at the base= chain reaction or blew it up in one go correct me if that's wrong

Back