• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Mafia General Discussion

Poyser

Hi, In my signup I specified that it would only start after every game before mine finishes. Dont see the problem with it being posted if there is a disclaimer like that.
Ignore tpein, it wasn’t just aimed at you lol, more the fact that we have several signup threads going at the same time and it’s a bit cluttered and you can’t easy tell which game is next. It’s been mentioned to me several times by several people before you posted yours too.

I think we need to get them in order. Once a game starts, we post signups to the next game so it can fill whilst the first game is playing.

Idk about others but I wouldn’t be signing up to games in advance anyway, and most people just wanna sign up to the next game and should easily be able to find which one that is.

Obviously we can make exceptions if as I said a game needs to be created based on signup input. Or if a game needs a much higher than usual number of players.

Also we have a host queue. If you wanna host post in there and I’ll add it.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Ignore tpein, it wasn’t just aimed at you lol, more the fact that we have several signup threads going at the same time and it’s a bit cluttered and you can’t easy tell which game is next. It’s been mentioned to me several times by several people before you posted yours too.

I think we need to get them in order. Once a game starts, we post signups to the next game so it can fill whilst the first game is playing.

Idk about others but I wouldn’t be signing up to games in advance anyway, and most people just wanna sign up to the next game and should easily be able to find which one that is.

Obviously we can make exceptions if as I said a game needs to be created based on signup input. Or if a game needs a much higher than usual number of players.

Also we have a host queue. If you wanna host post in there and I’ll add it.

:whathekong
He coming from WG and we just post w/e there.
If you wanna be the section mod then speak to members directly if you have issues.
Inform them directly even.
Via PM

"We want signups for games this month only"
Something like that.

Poyser

:whathekong
He coming from WG and we just post w/e there.
If you wanna be the section mod then speak to members directly if you have issues.
Inform them directly even.
Via PM

"We want signups for games this month only"
Something like that.
No because Fuji wasn’t the problem and this isn’t just aimed at him. I felt it needed addressing because signup thread after signup thread keeps getting posted lol. And I thought we could address it here, so that we could hold off on posting any more until the games start catching up with them

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
hmmm

perhaps we can make a prefix system that indicates status for sign-up (and game) threads?

Like so:

[PRE-SIGNUP] [10 slots available]
[Sign-ups] [limited time]
[Sign-ups:] [almost full!]
[Sign-ups:] [Subs wanted]
Game: in progress
Game: upcoming

A bit like a pre-sale for a concert
etc etc
Obviously something far less wordy and cluttery but hopefully it makes sense

Honestly, we can also put the sign-up threads in a master thread, and link them

I also kind of want to try putting stuff in the section description, like links to the games in progress to make it more coordinated

I think having sign-up threads is fine because it also gathers momentum and interest before the game itself starts - as long as there's effort put into the sign-up thread and some details about the setup, info that someone signing up would need prior--I'll make a template

Let's try this out first instead of putting a strict cap on sign-up threads, but I think the most important thing is making sure sign-up threads have a deadline - like the game will start the day after sign-ups are completed or something
And if the deadline is not specified, the thread goes poof til one is

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Too many signup threads is the opposite of a problem, just make another signup thread but this one is for a game between upcoming hosts (i.e. the people posting signup threads) and if they lose they get their signup thread deleted

Aries

Illustrious
I like the way worst gen has decided to go about making games. You need to have your game set up done before making any type of sign ups. I think you can realistically start 2-3 games each month. I would prefer if queue thread was also used to call at what point of the month they want to host their game. Early, Mid or Late of the month. It will help us not only organize the games but also help upcoming hosts know when they could host their games.

I'm not a fan of the wait in line approach where no one knows when they could host their game. Peeps see that big ass queue and it's going to put a lot of them off from wanting to host here when they can host it somewhere else. Games like Fangs favorites should be threadmarked, since it's a game built on sign ups/submissions you make it look like a big deal and it doesn't get lost under the sign ups/games going on

Grammaton

Consigliere
A queue isn’t that complex to navigate tbh

people should wanna host here cause they wanna host and play here, not just cause there’s a queue elsewhere - we aren’t going to struggle for games

Aries

Illustrious
It's not about the queue being complex it isn't it's about it being more structured. I have zero clue when the next game can happen because it's just a list of games. NF and Worst Gen both had similar structures and both times were awful

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
It's not about the queue being complex it isn't it's about it being more structured. I have zero clue when the next game can happen because it's just a list of games. NF and Worst Gen both had similar structures and both times were awful

I say we just jump/skip them if they arent ready to go.
So if game 1 ends and game 2 isnt ready or filled we do game 3.
Instead of waiting one week or two weeks for game 2.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
The queue system was tried in other websites and just failed. It just doesnt feel good to want to host a game and see that you have to wait several months for it to happen.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
The queue system was tried in other websites and just failed. It just doesnt feel good to want to host a game and see that you have to wait several months for it to happen.

They are still queueing but in an informal way.
The reason you get to make many games is probably cuz those sites are dying and dont have many hosts

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
They are still queueing but in an informal way.
The reason you get to make many games is probably cuz those sites are dying and dont have many hosts
Worstgen is far from dying, the problem is that some hosts retired but the player base is still there ^^

Also the way it works over there is that if your setup is ready and good to go before the others you can post a signup, If other hosts wants a specific spot they can ask other hosts to give them that time window.

Poyser

We’ve operated a queue for over 10 years lol. It’s absolutely fine. We only really want people hosting here that wanna play here anyway. I’m not too fussed about people from other sites just coming here to host because they can’t host elsewhere

Poyser

That said if you wanna ask others in the queue to let you ahead of them etc then that’s your prerogative and also theirs.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Worstgen is far from dying, the problem is that some hosts retired but the player base is still there ^^

Also the way it works over there is that if your setup is ready and good to go before the others you can post a signup, If other hosts wants a specific spot they can ask other hosts to give them that time window.

Bruh its the same hosts over and over.
You just finished a game and you are ready for another.
Al finished a game and he is ready for another.
You have no time slot competition.
That is why your no queue works.
Cuz no one wants to.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Bruh its the same hosts over and over.
You just finished a game and you are ready for another.
Al finished a game and he is ready for another.
You have no time slot competition.
That is why your no queue works.
Cuz no one wants to.
The no queue system was around when Ratchet, Drago, Tris, Zem and others were hosting and it worked fine.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
It sounds less that an issue of queues and more an issue of scheduling the games without having players and hosts getting burned out

Back