Official Mafia Training Simulation: A Brief Introduction For New & Upcoming Players

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

• ONGOING GAME NAME
    SMALL GAME BANNER (provided by Watson)

! It is now night phase. Please send in your actions @HOST within 24 hours.

COUNTDOWN UNTIL DAYPHASE: COUNTDOWN LINK

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
20231220_125009_0000.png

MAFIA TRAINING SIMULATION (PLAYER VERSION)
In this version of Mafia, coaches guide you through a basic setup. Tips for solving, clarifying game aspects, and advice on moves are available upon request. To participate:
  • Check Sky's (post not made) for a basic setup you'd like to play.​
  • Give your availability.​
  • Give your preference to how long you want the phases to be so everyone can work around your schedule and the simulation can be completed sooner.​
  • Label your thread "Mafia simulation (insert setup request)" for coaches to create the setup.​
Okay. I got my role. What's next?
After you request the setup to be made hosts will distribute roles with links that have detailed explanations courtesy of the Mafiawiki or original resources from OLF itself. After that's done, you have a "training preference" to choose from.

Choose the training style you'd like by requesting:​
1. The "spoonfeed simulation" with no limitations on questions.​
2. The stricter "rawdog simulation" allows you a maximum of 3 hints per phase. It can be any question pertaining to setup, scumhunting, and even identifying town.​
You can tag any one of the volunteers and label your question with Hint or Request. If something cannot be answered, you may have to wait for the host to clarify instead.​

Can a coach reveal scum to me?
Then you've missed the point of Mafia! Sorry, no.

Coaches won't reveal identities, but they can guide you in spotting potential scum without disclosing specific names. Exceptions can be if you get truly stuck. If this happens, the host of the simulation can speed run the phases instead.

I want to learn about a highly particular aspect of the game that isn't just mechanics related. Is there a chance a setup can be made based around that?
Certainly! Discuss your specific area of interest with the host for a setup tailored to your needs. Whether it's understanding cult mechanics, weighing the pros and cons of indie hunting as town, delving into scum psychology or even questions pertaining to your play such as why you're being scumread as town, or any other topic. They'll cater the setup accordingly.

CLARIFICATION FOR COACHES: You do not have to train a player through the rawdog option if you don't want to. Anything you feel is better for you to work with is perfectly fine. We want people to learn but we also want you to be able to effectively teach! You can even limit how much input from the player volunteers you want if you feel there's too many cooks in the kitchen. Just run it by everyone volunteering so they don't step on your toes and clarify what kind of input they can give.

Last edited:

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, I'm the one who volunteered to host a bunch of these things. I'll be able to help on mechanical issues if you ask.

Games I host for training will, in contrast to ranked Mafia, be either open or semi-open. This means the roles that are available will be limited to a set found in the OP.

I hope to help players get used to Mafia in a more gentle environment before getting involved with Ranked.

Poyser

I can be a coach. I wouldnt wanna be doing it every game but I can definitely do it here and there

Back