• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

MCU discussion thread: The beginning of the Endgame edition.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
That what this argument was for! This whole thing could have been avoided lol

anyways that’s ok, good night :supercat
What do you mean? He’s essentially said what I’ve been saying.

Cap’s shield can pierce the Mark 46, which has MCB level durability (and the shield can tank attacks of that level as well).

You’ve tried to downplay the Mark 46 with a Guidebook statement you still haven’t provided a scan of.

You’ve tried to claim the Mark numbering is meaningless because the Hulkbuster (which is less of a suit and more of an exo-suit Tony wore on top of the Mark 45) is a lower number. But The MCB feat (tanking a portion of the Sokovia explosion) was a feat performed by the Mark 46’s direct predecessor (the Mark 45) so Tony would have to had INTENTIONALLY designed his very next suit to be less durable than a suit that let him survive AoU for no fucking reason. That’s something that can’t be ignored. Tony would had to have acted massively out of character for your downplay to work.

You’ve also tried to claim casually dodging energy beams from Ultron Drones that could keep up with jets is unimpressive because of some people gawking as if that’s not something that happens in a bunch of different fictions. Like literally in Dragonball you’ve got people reacting to fights in the Budokai tournaments they should have no business even being able to see. So It’s just a trope.

All of your arguments just fall apart on examination.

Sony Morbius outside of the memes is just not Super-Soldier with Vibranium tier.

If you really are so desperate to claim otherwise I can make a MCU Cap VS Sony Morbius thread with a poll in the main section so we can see what the OBDs general opinion on it is.

Our posts on this topic are kind of clogging up this thread anyway, so after I make that thread I could ask a mod to move a bunch of these posts to that thread.

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
peibne3f05a81.png

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Whatever. If you’re just gonna start shitposting i’ll take that as your concession :tiredpepe

With this and the Jolyne meteor thing it just seems like a pattern to me at this point that you only want to look at things on the surface level and pretend calcs or scaling doesn’t exist when you want to downplay certain characters. And that’s not really how the OBD does things.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I had this nigga Dead Lock on mute for months

Can’t believe I’m just seeing his post now lol

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Those Kaiju sized monsters are a big deal. I don't even think Knuckles could overcome their awesome power.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Odin will be fighting Wenwu in an episode for What if Season 2

more proof him and Shang are top tier with the Ten Rings :)

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Huh

so apparently, a VFX artist confirmed that the more “cartoony” (high end) feats for some of the movies are incongruous due to postproduction issues. Black Panther is used as an example and the final battle is filled with outliers, such as them “jumping around, with crazy moves like they are action figures in space” when they never did that for the rest of the film

WoG keeps shooting the MCU in the foot when it comes to feats

Huh

so apparently, a VFX artist confirmed that the more “cartoony” (high end) feats for some of the movies are incongruous due to postproduction issues. Black Panther is used as an example and the final battle is filled with outliers, such as them “jumping around, with crazy moves like they are action figures in space” when they never did that for the rest of the film

Jesus fuck, this is like Zack Snyder stating that none of the Kryptonians was ever meant to be that strong or move that fast due to postproduction snafus...

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Huh

Dude. Come the fuck on. They weren't commenting on feats and shit. They were talking about how horrible it looked because of it being rushed.

If given more time the choreography would not have drastically changed. The physics and the 3D models would have just had more time to be touched up and polished so the movements looked smoother and the cgi designs less noticeable.

Black Panther is supposed to be agile, he's just not supposed to look fake as shit like he did in that final fight scene.

Back