• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

MetalEtemon (Digimon Adventure 01) vs 20 Mammothmons of Archnemon (Digimon Adventure 02)

Harpomon

Notorious
BlackWarGreymon stomped them with ease, but I wonder how much they would’ve done against a much weaker Ultimate/Mega like MetalEtemon?

If MetalEtemon is struggling, add SabreLeomon, and the Mammoths will get help from Archnemon if MetalEtemon stomps too hard.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Garudamon alone was way too much for a single Mammon, even Birdramon was able to survive its attacks without devolving and there really isn't much reason to assume the Dark Tower versions are much stronger than that one.

Don't see how they'd fare any better against MetalEtemon, especially given the guy could tank attacks even from other Ultimates like SaberLeomon. Frankly Archnemon and/or Mummymon could probably do this, let alone an Ultimate level Digimon.

Harpomon

Notorious
Garudamon alone was way too much for a single Mammon, even Birdramon was able to survive its attacks without devolving and there really isn't much reason to assume the Dark Tower versions are much stronger than that one.

Don't see how they'd fare any better against MetalEtemon, especially given the guy could tank attacks even from other Ultimates like SaberLeomon. Frankly Archnemon and/or Mummymon could probably do this, let alone an Ultimate level Digimon.
Okay thanks, I guess I clearly underestimated MetalEtemon and highly overestimated those Mammoths. I was just wondering who could be the strongest opponent they could possibly beat together?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Okay thanks, I guess I clearly underestimated MetalEtemon and highly overestimated those Mammoths.
Yeah Mammon's really on the lower end of the Perfect Level Spectrum.
I was just wondering who could be the strongest opponent they could possibly beat together?
Parrotmon possibly? Feat wise they're certainly comparable enough that flight would probably be the determining factor in the 1v1, so 1v20 with all those ranged Tusk Strikes coming at once wouldn't be fun. Especially if Parrotmon gets hit with Tundra Breath at any point, being rendered immobile due to freezing.

On the same grounds, basically any Perfect Level that can be affected by an attack from an attack from an Adventure Adult (unless said Adult is Angemon), or that hasn't shown the capacity to one-shot other Perfect level Digimon (nor scales to one who has).

They could beat a few Perfect levels, just not all of them, probably stop somewhere in mid-tier.

Harpomon

Notorious
Yeah Mammon's really on the lower end of the Perfect Level Spectrum.

Parrotmon possibly? Feat wise they're certainly comparable enough that flight would probably be the determining factor in the 1v1, so 1v20 with all those ranged Tusk Strikes coming at once wouldn't be fun. Especially if Parrotmon gets hit with Tundra Breath at any point, being rendered immobile due to freezing.

On the same grounds, basically any Perfect Level that can be affected by an attack from an attack from an Adventure Adult (unless said Adult is Angemon), or that hasn't shown the capacity to one-shot other Perfect level Digimon (nor scales to one who has).

They could beat a few Perfect levels, just not all of them, probably stop somewhere in mid-tier.
Okay thanks, then I should probably have used regular Etemon here instead of Metal, but yeah :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Okay thanks, then I should probably have used regular Etemon here instead of Metal, but yeah :maybe
Probably but with that specific match-up you encounter the issue of Love Serenade.
Which could drain the energy of the Mammon, rendering the numbers advantage moot. :maybe

I could see him taking out 1 Mammon without it pretty easily, but would get overwhelmed by 20 at once.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Metal etemon by portrayal
he was fighting puppetmon and was even a major antagonist at a certain point

I feel like mummymon and arubukenimon would be more fair

Harpomon

Notorious
Metal etemon by portrayal
he was fighting puppetmon and was even a major antagonist at a certain point

I feel like mummymon and arubukenimon would be more fair
Yeah for some reason I thought that 20 Perfects could match one lower tier Ultimate but I just didn't consider how weak Perfect this Mammon actually was 😄 meaning single DS Deluxe would be more than enough here. Maybe it should have been like 100 Mammon vs MetalEtemon

Back