• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Most powerful spaceship the TARDIS (Doctor Who) can destroy?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
With the upcoming Deathbattle i've been thinking about Doctor Who a lot lately. And it's occurred to me more and more that the TARDIS might actually be the most powerful spaceship in fiction. Epsecially with the Quantum Archangel novel. I'd like to see if i'm right in that assessment, or if there are more powerful spaceships out there that I just don't know about.

Just to be clear, i'm not including giant mechas that can turn into spaceships (I remember Gurren Laggan has something like that). It has to have always been a spaceship.

Maddie

Acclaimed
only things I don't think it can destroy are whatever ships the Downstreamers use, and maybe ships Monitors use. Do Celestial have ships? I think they might be able to destroy those. It should be able to destroy Culture Ships and Xeelee nightfighters quite easily.

Keep in mind the Doctor's TARDIS is fairly stripped down for TARDIS standards, a well stocked TaRDiS can cut universes apart, irradiate the time vortex, rip apart Chronovores who devour timelines, seal away timelines, etc

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
only things I don't think it can destroy are whatever ships the Downstreamers use, and maybe ships Monitors use. Do Celestial have ships? I think they might be able to destroy those. It should be able to destroy Culture Ships and Xeelee nightfighters quite easily.

Keep in mind the Doctor's TARDIS is fairly stripped down for TARDIS standards, a well stocked TaRDiS can cut universes apart, irradiate the time vortex, rip apart Chronovores who devour timelines, seal away timelines, etc
While I do know War TARDISes are supposed to be better. The Doctor’s TARDIS is still pretty insane to the point it’s hard for me to see it being a tier or tiers below them. Like how it managed to survive the Time War despite the Daleks having tech that could shut off even War TARDISes. Iirc there was even something about The Doctor having attempted to save Davros from the Nightmare Child using his TARDIS, which while he didn’t succeed still means it basically at the center of the entire conflict.

And there’s some more impressive stuff for The Doctor’s TARDIS I recently learned about from this thread

Though ultimately I get it if you think War TARDISes hype is enough to exceed that.

With that in mind do you think whatever the most powerful TARDIS in Doctor Who is, would get any further or would it still cap out around the same place you said The Doctor’s TARDIS stops?

Back