MV Rodan vs IDW Starscream

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
you might be able to scale this Starscream to some continent level stuff, I know Nygma had the Toraxxis explosion only at gigatons but apparently he only calc’d the fireball and I have seen people claim it’s higher

That said afaik Monsterverse guys are pretty casually in that range. Though Screamer has a decent speed edge as there’s a fair few relativistic feats jn IDW

OrlandoSky

Paramount
That said afaik Monsterverse guys are pretty casually in that range. Though Screamer has a decent speed edge as there’s a fair few relativistic feats jn IDW
Rodan's flight speed is Mid to high Supersonic with High Hypersonic reactions.
Scaling him is kind've iffy because we know he was just a nuisance to KG and Godzilla but still a noteworthy enough titan to overwhelm Mothra (who has that City+ level cloud parting feat) and the two Mutos who could stab 2014 Godzilla's flesh with their claws, whose Country+ level to low Continent level depending on what the output is for KG's global hypercane that scales to though Rodan is noticeably beneath them so scaling up that high is a bit questionable. He'd be somewhere in the Country level range as a safe spot I'd say.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
the Kong Hollow Earth gravity thing is supposed to apply to all titans from what I remember of GvK

though Nygma on fv did have some issues with the calc I haven't seen resolved, but Galo got continent numbers for it and Kong wasn't hurt by it at all

OrlandoSky

Paramount
the Kong Hollow Earth gravity thing is supposed to apply to all titans from what I remember of GvK

though Nygma on fv did have some issues with the calc I haven't seen resolved, but Galo got continent numbers for it and Kong wasn't hurt by it at all
I'm questioning whether or not you can even scale Rodan from Kong though. Kong was still in the higher echelon in the power heirarchy in the alpha status, he was one of the only titans with a will strong enough to resist Ghidorah's telepathic call and the opening credits of GvK imply that Kong would be a bigger challenge for G than Rodan was since contextually it was going through that both of them were alphas that were weeding through lesser kaiju that were stepping up to them until they just had each other as the remaining challenge. (Granted the rivalry was completely one-sided since Kong just wanted to be left alone and Godzilla was acting like Nelson Muntz)

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
it’s less than I’m scaling Rodan tk Kong so much as scaling Rodan to what is supposed to be something every Titan can do as GvK said they all had to originally come through that to escape hollow earth. Maybe I’m misremembering that. I agree that Kong is more impressive and I would back him against Rodan

OrlandoSky

Paramount
it’s less than I’m scaling Rodan tk Kong so much as scaling Rodan to what is supposed to be something every Titan can do as GvK said they all had to originally come through that to escape hollow earth. Maybe I’m misremembering that. I agree that Kong is more impressive and I would back him against Rodan
I understand what you mean now. No, I don't believe you're misremembering, the titans all came from the Hollow Earth and I think there is room for debate that they can survive it (since Kong seemed completely unaffected by the rapid change in pressure) if they did leave the same way he did but what I think throws this into question is that this assumes that they ALL left through a gravitational inversion portal which (though it was the most direct entrance/exit for humans to Hollow Earth) we see later on in the film that titans are powerful enough to not need one, when Godzilla blew a hole right through the crust and into Hollow Earth directly and Kong wall-climbed back up to the surface. I think it's reasonable that most if not all the titans left without a portal since they were all pretty much hibernating in subterranean territories prior to KG forcing them awake in KOTM.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
yeah that makes sense, the second one will be out soon so that might clear things up a little. We do see there are multiple HE Portals in today’s trailer at least which Kong jumps down again

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
From what I know the tv show exposes on the portals a bit. Also the portals/hollow earth apparently has a time-warp effect where time is apparently slower in HE.

Back