• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Non-Combat Sports Players in a fight. Who comes out on top?

Who wins?

• Basketball Player

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soccer Player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
First Scenario: Look at the poll.

Bonus Scenario: Instead of normal sports, if it's Olympic sports like Rock Climbing, Gymnastics, Swimming, Sprinting, etc... which athletes would win in a fight?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Actually wait, fuck, I forgot fighting is actually a part of Hockey in a way lol. I'll remove that one to make it a little fairer.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Basket ball players size, cardio and athleticism probably let them win it out
Good points. Football and Rugby players are used to throwing their weight around with tackles, but that's a lot harder to land with Basketball Players who got better burst speed and maneuverability.

Would you also care to comment on the bonus?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Good points. Football and Rugby players are used to throwing their weight around with tackles, but that's a lot harder to land with Basketball Players who got better burst speed and maneuverability.
not a sports player, but aren't rugby and football linebackers expected to sprint with the ball to their side? Especially with the heavy equipment they wear?

I can get basketball players having better maneuverability but burst speed should be about equal right?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
not a sports player, but aren't rugby and football linebackers expected to sprint with the ball to their side? Especially with the heavy equipment they wear?

I can get basketball players having better maneuverability but burst speed should be about equal right?
Well. The way I see it, Football is closer to marathon running. You have a wider field to run down and you’re more often than not running in a straight line rather than attempting to juke other players and weave around them mid-run.

Whereas with Basketball it’s less about maintaining consistent speed for a super long run. But accelerating to your top speed as fast as possible and being able to control it at just the right moments to also decelerate quickly and use that to juke your opponents.

And there’s also the jumping aspect where on defense you have to match the movement of someone else and either block a shot after it’s already been shot or not even let the ball leave the shooters hand. Which can become exponentially harder when the offense mixes feints in to try to get you to jump early.

With football passes you don’t have to react as quickly since they’re staying in the air for much longer.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
They absolutely have had to do some jukes and weaves for various famous 80+y touchdowns

it's not common but it is something they do

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
They absolutely have had to do some jukes and weaves for various famous 80+y touchdowns

it's not common but it is something they do
Fair, that’s why I said more often than not. But in regards to burst speed you’re definitely stopping and starting at short distances much more often in Basketball. So I think that skill gets developed a lot more.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Football and rugby players are the strongest by far

Though I played a bit of rugby in college so I’m biased

Soccer players are very skilled

Basketball players have height but….that’s where it ends really

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Maybe I should do an Eyeshield 21 vs Kuroko no Basket thread after this. I remember both series getting some pretty ridiculous techniques :mjlol

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
200w.gif
football-tackle.gif

you joking lads? football/rugby players can weight from 80kg up to 100+kg, and not only that, the way they can tackle, chase or kick you, is not a joke, their stamina, dura and power is something else, basketball players have height, some agility to certain degree and good length but they aint boxers or mma fighters, football/rugby players > basketball players >= actual football players = kicking the ball, they got good endurance and kicking power, but sadly still aint enough (cuz soccer isnt the proper term, dont say soccer)

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Maybe I should do an Eyeshield 21 vs Kuroko no Basket thread after this. I remember both series getting some pretty ridiculous techniques :mjlol

nah, dont do it, both series are low superhuman sports one, but chars like gaoh, agon, shin, donald and kurita just solo the verse, in a minute

they above wall+ levels and > fte speeds too

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Only one of these is facing backlash for giving players lifelong injuries and it isnt Basketball or Soccer :maybe

You also have to remember football players are also weighed down by their equipment and padding as opposed to soccer and basket ball players and they still manage to hit each other hard enough to break bones :mjlol

Hell Jon Jones even talks about how ridiculously strong his brother Chandler is.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
nah, dont do it, both series are low superhuman sports one, but chars like gaoh, agon, shin, donald and kurita just solo the verse, in a minute

they above wall+ levels and > fte speeds too
Shin and Agon in Kuroko would be like putting toddlers against General Zodd lmao

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Agon would literally go around smacking everyone to establish dominance then move on to blue lock and do the same, taking Shido with him as a protege

Yeah, I think alot of people is underestimating Football Players, especially with the fact that their "Protective Gear" is near 100 pounds and they have to move consistently with that for HOURS depending on how good the player and their stamina is, that's not getting into running 100 yards with that shit on.

They absolutely would demolish everyone else here on sheer strength, speed and stamina. Rugby is a close second and it's Soccer that's 3rd. Basketball Players tend to be the worst as they just have speed and that's it.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
They're equipment weight them down yea but they also play for short burst and Football also runs the game clock down while not playing while nba is alot of up and down court where they sprint, cut, go side to side and jump while also controlling their body in mid air and then those same players instantly switch to defense to guard the other team

Back