NoSleep Rules List Game

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

• ONGOING GAME NAME
    SMALL GAME BANNER (provided by Watson)

! It is now night phase. Please send in your actions @HOST within 24 hours.

COUNTDOWN UNTIL DAYPHASE: COUNTDOWN LINK

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
b7xTm4u.png

This is an experiment I thought about and wanted to see who's interested.

This is an extremely unorthodox game that depends more on if the "Rule List" are being followed than anything else. And I understand that such an idea will turn a lot of people off.

Background:

"Rules List" is an ancient Trope on the NoSleep Subreddit where people post fictional creepy stories. It's usually about people getting a new job or inherit an old creepy house and being given an unusual rule list that isn't taken seriously at first.

I want to know if people here are interested in this or if it's too deviant from Normal Mafia

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
b7xTm4u.png

This is an experiment I thought about and wanted to see who's interested.

This is an extremely unorthodox game that depends more on if the "Rule List" are being followed than anything else. And I understand that such an idea will turn a lot of people off.

Background:

"Rules List" is an ancient Trope on the NoSleep Subreddit where people post fictional creepy stories. It's usually about people getting a new job or inherit an old creepy house and being given an unusual rule list that isn't taken seriously at first.

I want to know if people here are interested in this or if it's too deviant from Normal Mafia
Original, run us through a scenario of how this’ll work

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Original, run us through a scenario of how this’ll work
In NoSleep Rules List stories, the Protagonists have to follow weird rules that have strange logic, and nearly dies several times due to failing to follow them.

In here I want a set up where Scum's abilities and how powerful they are depend on whether or not townies follow these rules. With vice versa being the same, with pro town Indies assisting the Players and SK/Jester lite roles who are part of the "Cursed Area" but independent of the scum team.

It's an extremely unorthodox idea but I thought it would have been an interesting way of freshing up this place

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
In NoSleep Rules List stories, the Protagonists have to follow weird rules that have strange logic, and nearly dies several times due to failing to follow them.

In here I want a set up where Scum's abilities and how powerful they are depend on whether or not townies follow these rules. With vice versa being the same, with pro town Indies assisting the Players and SK/Jester lite roles who are part of the "Cursed Area" but independent of the scum team.

It's an extremely unorthodox idea but I thought it would have been an interesting way of freshing up this place
Post restrictions as a mafia game mechanic have incredible upotential, I’ve seen people make some major plays off of having a post restriction.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Post restrictions as a mafia game mechanic have incredible upotential, I’ve seen people make some major plays off of having a post restriction.
I think I will need some veteran to guide me because this is the first mafia game I ever host

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I think I will need some veteran to guide me because this is the first mafia game I ever host
yes absolutely do this with a co-host if this is your first game, i shit the bed on my first hosting gig when i did it solo. especially with games that are more conceptually complex
it also takes off alot of the stress if you're 2 manning it

im interested btw

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
and this is the spirit of the section, you can get as wild as you want in regards to experimentation. or you can go full normie. just make sure you absolutely have a host disclosure explaining it's bastard/weird/encourage people to ask questions about the setup

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member

confused asfk lol
kinda like homestuck?
when is this going to start?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
from what i understand

host gives town weird instructions to follow.
if they follow them to a T, they have a higher chance of winning against mafia

if they don't follow the weird instructions, town has a difficult time without a possible advantage

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
confused asfk lol
kinda like homestuck?
when is this going to start?
Screenshot-2023-08-18-17-02-54-052-com-reddit-frontpage-edit.jpg

This is an example of the rules in these stories.

It will start when I find a cohost, finish the setup and enough players sign up

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
i would be realistic and make a 10 player setup, this probably won't gain too much traction. if it's successful, it'll spread by word of mouth like Aries games

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i would be realistic and make a 10 player setup, this probably won't gain too much traction. if it's successful, it'll spread by word of mouth like Aries games
I was thinking about the same
Most users would be too iffy about a game where PR and Timed Events decide the outcome, for both Town and Scum

Back