• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #13: Return to Crab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
IMG_7325.png

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
@Adamant soul So there's a new upcoming digimon game called Digimon Survive. Heard any news about it?
I GOTCHU HOMIE

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Adamant soul So there's a new upcoming digimon game called Digimon Survive. Heard any news about it?
Well I heard about it years ago (it got delayed super hard). It's coming out July 28 in Japan, 29 everywhere else.
On the same day as Xenoblade Chronicles 3 so there's some stiff competition.

It looks interesting from what I've heard of it, there's gonna be multiple story routes based on player choice (this also dictates the evolutions the Digimon get, although the partners themselves are set) and the gameplay is Final Fantasy Tactics style which I've never tried so that'll be fun.

I'm also interested in the next Digimon Story game which will apparently heavily feature the Olympus XII in the story (fucking FINALLY) although that's all we know about it.

I'm always ready for more Digimon though. :maybe

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I GOTCHU HOMIE
At first glance, I thought the guy in the orange hood is Izzy.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At first glance, I thought the guy in the orange hood is Izzy.
I dig his forest version of Falcomon though.
falcomon.png

Hopefully he isn't just a palette swap and he gets some unique forms of his own.
Ikuto and Falcomon were top tier quality in Digimon Savers so seeing Falcomon get more love would be nice.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Final fantasy Tactics style which I've never tried so that'll be fun.
Depends on how they utilize it, it could be really good, or really slow.
It looks interesting from what I've heard of it, there's gonna be multiple story routes based on player choice (this also dictates the evolutions the Digimon get,
So evolution is story base and not base on Digimon stats and other input (Like a class system of some kind)?
Isn't that a bit limiting for tactics type game. :hm
Ikuto and Falcomon were top tier quality in Digimon Savers so seeing Falcomon get more love would be nice.
Yea, it would be cool if it isn't just a palette swap.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
So main protag is also getting agumon. Damn I'm curious if they are going to create a new digivolution line like with Marcus or just going to pick one of the classic evolution.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Depends on how they utilize it, it could be really good, or really slow.
Well here's hoping.
So evolution is story base and not base on Digimon stats and other input (Like a class system of some kind)?
Isn't that a bit limiting for tactics type game. :hm
I don't know, they said it would be based on choices the player makes but that may only apply to the human characters' Digimon.

Apparently the majority of the game will be story and interacting with other characters. In an interview they said the ratio of visual novel to tactical battles is 7:3.

The interview's on the website there under news (titled Q&A session).
Yea, it would be cool if it isn't just a palette swap.
Definitely.
So main protag is also getting agumon. Damn I'm curious if they are going to create a new digivolution line like with Marcus or just going to pick one of the classic evolution.
TBF the only new form for Masaru was Shinegreymon, the Geo Greymon line had appeared in manga form before hand (with Victory Greymon as the Ultimate).

So maybe, or it could be that you can switch between lines depending on the choices you make.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yep you can get more Digimon BTW, 113 to be exact.
The total number of monsters that can be trained is 113.
The selection of Digimon was based on the priority of matching the world view.

The concept of this game is based on the encounter with life forms from other worlds, and it is set before monsters spread to the world as Digimon.

For this reason, I prioritized the selection of monsters with designs that give a sense of wildlife from the early LCD game Digital Monsters to the monsters that have appeared since Pendulum.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
damn, that's not a lot.
I want DLC to have more Digimon option.
I think it was limited because they wanted to stick to the theme of you encountering monsters from another world, from the way he describes it as "widllife", I get the impression it's going to be mostly biological Digimon.

Hopefully they do give it the DLC treatment 'cause that is a pretty low number. Especially given even the original Cyber Sleuth had over 200 Digimon.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I think it was limited because they wanted to stick to the theme of you encountering monsters from another world, from the way he describes it as "widllife", I get the impression it's going to be mostly biological Digimon.

Hopefully they do give it the DLC treatment 'cause that is a pretty low number. Especially given even the original Cyber Sleuth had over 200 Digimon.
there's 1000+ digimon and the new game is limiting it to 100+
Even if they want to limit the encounter that's not justifiable in gameplay content
that's like a tenth of the whole list.

Seriously we don't need a gacha where we can take every digimon but at least make 85% of the list playable.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
there's 1000+ digimon and the new game is limiting it to 100+
Even if they want to limit the encounter that's not justifiable in gameplay content
that's like a tenth of the whole list.
I agree with you but it seems they wanted to go hard on the story and the themes of it, which is why they limited it to Digimon that fit the theme.

As long as the story and characters are good enough to warrant the sacrifice, I'll forgive it but the game's going to have to really impress me on those aspects since they are the main focus.
Seriously we don't need a gacha where we can take every digimon but at least make 85% of the list playable.
It'd be an absolute nightmare trying to balance even 500+ Digimon in a single game though. But obviously I wouldn't having a game with access to most if not all of them, just for the factor of being able to play all my favourites.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
But obviously I wouldn't having a game with access to most if not all of them, just for the factor of being able to play all my favourites.
That's one of the main factor why Pokemon game is still strong all this year though.

Not like all 900+ pokemon is getting used but the player favorite except for legendary can be use across the franchise which digimon tends to ignore for all their game.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Think it's funny though.

The Cyber Sleuth games had a sort of SMT feel to them, from the sheer scope of the multiversal shenanigans, to the age of the characters and even specific references like going through TVs and stuff.

Survive?
> Mostly visual novel format.
> THREE main story routes.
> Darker story overall

I appreciate them trying different things but stepping on Fate's toes isn't going to get you anywhere as you'll just be compared to them. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back